Lester's Amazing Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Lester's Amazing Game

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A lot of people have insisted Lester is not an ace, because he does not fit into some illusion of an ace they have.  An ace does this, or an ace does that.

He's an ace.  End of argument..

[/QUOTE]

He has pitched like one since Aug 1. Before that, not so much.

[/QUOTE]

I knew the real "Glum" would show up. You can't just say Lester pitched great tonight, like an ace. You had to throw a negative jab in there. Truly pathetic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Pretty obvious Lester was ineffective last night when he couldn't use the foreign substance in his glove he used in game 1.  He gave up a run.  In game 1 he also went 7.2 innings and didn't give up any runs.  No question we are going to here from the Commish on this one.  If the Sox win, Lester has to be the WS MVP.  But no one, certainly not me, would complain if the amazing David Ortiz were the MVP.  He played all three games at St Louis at 1B, error-free, hit up a storm, and didn't let the achilles get to him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think I saw that Lester now has a 2.11 career WS ERA.

WOW!

[/QUOTE]

Lester now has a 2.11 ERA in the postseason. His career World Series ERA in three starts is now 0.43, with a WHIP of 0.76.

Yes, thanks for the correction.

I think the 2.11 ERA places him 5th alltime among pitchers with 75+ IP in postseason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

WOW!

Lester now has a 2.11 ERA in the postseason. His career World Series ERA in three starts is now 0.43, with a WHIP of 0.76.

And Pumpsie, no offense, dude, but in May you were talking about how Lester was a 5th starter "at best." You might want to consider quitting while you're ahead.

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

There was a lot of energy expended to argue that all Lester would ever be was a 4th or 5th starter.

Would have liked to see him get a complete game, but I'll take it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

This is probably the best game I have ever seen that Lester pitched especially all right handed hitting line up except the lead off guy.

Then I saw that he sort of tweated his back.  But he isnt coming out of the game cuz he wanted that game badly.  I know he would love to finish it off, but knew that he may risk himself with a sore back.

Papi may have tweaked his back too as I noticed it.  Well, with a day off is going to help many players to get ready for game 6 including Victorino.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretty obvious Lester was ineffective last night when he couldn't use the foreign substance in his glove he used in game 1.  He gave up a run.  In game 1 he also went 7.2 innings and didn't give up any runs.  No question we are going to here from the Commish on this one.  If the Sox win, Lester has to be the WS MVP.  But no one, certainly not me, would complain if the amazing David Ortiz were the MVP.  He played all three games at St Louis at 1B, error-free, hit up a storm, and didn't let the achilles get to him. 

[/QUOTE]

LOL. And I agree it could be Lester or Ortiz. You have to admit, Ortiz was just as much a star of that show.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is probably the best game I have ever seen that Lester pitched especially all right handed hitting line up except the lead off guy.

Then I saw that he sort of tweated his back.  But he isnt coming out of the game cuz he wanted that game badly.  I know he would love to finish it off, but knew that he may risk himself with a sore back.

Papi may have tweaked his back too as I noticed it.  Well, with a day off is going to help many players to get ready for game 6 including Victorino.

[/QUOTE]

Papi seemed to tweak his back because he had to avoid the first baseman in the basepath. What happened to the good old interference calls? Seems like it was just yesterday...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A lot of people have insisted Lester is not an ace, because he does not fit into some illusion of an ace they have.  An ace does this, or an ace does that.

He's an ace.  End of argument..

[/QUOTE]

He has pitched like one since Aug 1. Before that, not so much.

[/QUOTE]

Since 7/3 actually.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

WOW!

[/QUOTE]

And Pumpsie, no offense, dude, but in May you were talking about how Lester was a 5th starter "at best." You might want to consider quitting while you're ahead.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, he said Lester was a #5.

It was Doubront that he said was a #5, at best.

Which is kind of fun since they have combined for all 3 wins.  I tried to explain both pitchers to him, and I think he said I was insufferable or something.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

His performance was amazing the other night..and the fact that he was able to give 7+ great innings is key going into tonight's game. We have a well rested bullpen.