Lester's CY Young start to the season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Lester's CY Young start to the season

A notoriously slow starter, gotta like the early returns. The Sox are 3-0 in games he's started and he's yet to give up more than 2 runs all vs division opponents...Could this be the year he puts it all together and puts his name in the conversation for the CY...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Re: Lester's CY Young start to the season

In response to Beantowne's comment:

A notoriously slow starter, gotta like the early returns. The Sox are 3-0 in games he's started and he's yet to give up more than 2 runs all vs division opponents...Could this be the year he puts it all together and puts his name in the conversation for the CY...

Not argueing, but Buch has pitched better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Promise4you2's comment:

I would agree both have started strong, hopefully both will continue to do so...If they do then we'll be in the mix all year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

His name has been in Cy Young conversations before.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Oh dear god I hope this continues.  There's is nothing better than two dominant starters at the front of the rotation.  I'd take a 89 win team over a 99 win team in the playoffs if their front two are better any day of the week. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

So far, Lester has out-pitched 3 Cy Young winners. it certainly seems that he is firing on all cylinders this season. especially considering his april stats..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

This is why I defended him when some wanted to "trade him while he still has some value" or "hes declining". and my favorite "His loss of velocity is concerning"...Wasnt he throwing 95?

Those kind of statement come after 1 bad year. ONE! Some refused to look at Lesters 4 prior years to get a true scope of who Jon Lester was. This guy HAS been in CY talks before as well as Buch. This could be the year that BOTH are in the top votes for the award. Its early yet, so Im not going to go there just yet. But is sure is encouaging to see these two perform the way they have so far this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

This is why I defended him when some wanted to "trade him while he still has some value" or "hes declining". and my favorite "His loss of velocity is concerning"...Wasnt he throwing 95?

Those kind of statement come after 1 bad year. ONE! Some refused to look at Lesters 4 prior years to get a true scope of who Jon Lester was. This guy HAS been in CY talks before as well as Buch. This could be the year that BOTH are in the top votes for the award. Its early yet, so Im not going to go there just yet. But is sure is encouaging to see these two perform the way they have so far this year.

My friend, i have been watching closely, as a former catcher i can tell you these guys are nasty and healthy. I have been big a supporter of both. This will cascade to the rest of the staff. All those doubting doubbie are going to be very surprised. He will learn from what they are doing and I am predicting he has a great year as well! Bring on the naysayers! This team may not last, but they are playing good ball and that is contagous!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

I would agree both have started strong, hopefully both will continue to do so...If they do then we'll be in the mix all year.

Bean, may not continue, but these two are nasty, better right now than any other 1-2 punch in baseball! They pitch this way throughout the year and they make the playoffs..... we know what two top nocthers can do in a 7 game series. Im likeing this staff and even more im Liking Farrell! But im trying to keep an even keel, I remember 75 all to well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Heck, even Moon has to like these (small sample) numbers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

A little off subject but tomorrow is Patriot day and it starts at midnight! Yeah that's when the Patriots sign Sanders to a contract,making him the modern day Paul Revere! We are all just waiting to see if it's one if by land or two if by sea....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I would say wait until he has 5 good starts in a roll(so the next two) and then decleare he is back. Right now him an Buchholz look amazin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I would say wait until he has 5 good starts in a roll(so the next two) and then decleare he is back. Right now him an Buchholz look amazin.

Amen Bosox, but you have to admit you will dream about something special when you go to bed tonight! You will wonder the possiblities will you not? Im still a kid dreaming at 57! Hopefully till I die!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Another thing that is overlooked is that after those four horrible starts in July, Lester's ERA for the last two months of the season was 3.76 so he was already turning it around. It was simply no one was noticing because of the circus that was surrounding the team.

Buchholz's ERA during those same two months, excluding the last start, was 3.38. He had a bad hiccup in his last start against the Yankees, but both were showing in those last two months that what theyr'e doing this year was possible.

I think Farrell has made an impact, but for both, the turnaround began last year. In fact with Buchholz, it was just a matter of trusting his body to stay healthy becuase he was basically very good after the first six starts of last season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

He's got some serious competition.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

How can Lester win the CY when Clay is going to win it? Maybe a tie?

Good to see you my friend! What a great one two punch so far!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Yes.... they are and can be great.....  this is a must year for them both to establish themselves as s #1-2 types or  #3-4 types.

I hope Since Yaz brings back his thread on how the starters do! I predicted good things for these two this year. im still certian it will roll over to Doubbbie. Lets see what happens. either way I will love my sox and this staff. Farrell is making me look foolish as i did not want him back! But he has these guys rolling and anyone out there can tell me im a dummy for missing how importanmt he is!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Yes.... they are and can be great.....  this is a must year for them both to establish themselves as s #1-2 types or  #3-4 types.

I hope Since Yaz brings back his thread on how the starters do! I predicted good things for these two this year. im still certian it will roll over to Doubbbie. Lets see what happens. either way I will love my sox and this staff. Farrell is making me look foolish as i did not want him back! But he has these guys rolling and anyone out there can tell me im a dummy for missing how importanmt he is!

http://youtu.be/lMTrthePKU0    Tongue Out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Always the wild charecter friend! Thank you! I love this team southpaw! Give me pitching and defense and I will take my chances!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Always the wild charecter friend! Thank you! I love this team southpaw! Give me pitching and defense and I will take my chances!

This team certainly looks good so far. Love what Jon and Clay have done in their first 3 starts. I also like Dempster, although Im in the minority on that one.

All in all this team is performing better than most thought. Still early, but very encouraging to see.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Burrito used to be good / proficient on digging old threads that were made by posters who would now have egg on their face or be eating crow. So many said just two months ago that the Lester and Buchholz were doomed to be colossal failures. They also said that Crawford would never recover from injury. AGonz was a terrible hitter and teammate.  All false but those who spout the negativism are loved by Burrito since they stir the pot, create controversy, and make the forum "entertaining".  It also pleases Burrito since life is very boring in Cambodia. Not much going on there but fantasy baseball.

Pike, youve been hacked. Burrito has signed on and is ranting under your name.