Let Youk DH next year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

Let Youk DH next year

I think it's time to let Youk be the Fulltime DH, His defensive range while adequate is sliding and hopefully Middlebrooks can take over.  It would save alot of where and tear on Youk and add more balance to this Lineup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Re: Let Youk DH next year

You're at least a year too early. Funny thing about moving "kids" up too fast, they usually drown. Smarter and more experienced evaluators of talent than we seem to know what needs to be done, e.g. Pedroia, Youkilis, Ellsbury, Saltalamacchia, Reddick, Lowrie, etc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

In Response to Let Youk DH next year:
    [QUOTE]I think it's time to let Youk be the Fulltime DH, His defensive range while adequate is sliding and hopefully Middlebrooks can take over.  It would save alot of where and tear on Youk and add more balance to this Lineup.
    Posted by bigdog1[/QUOTE]

Might happen next year, if they bring Middlebrooks up this September and he does well.

Papi is not signed yet. Something along that line is possible. I don't think , really , that Theo wants it on his resume, that he is the guy who let Papi walk.

The fans might get out the Tar and Feathers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Didn't Youk make a diving snare to his left in yesterday's game to rob someone of a double? I watch every game and see no erosion in Youk's range.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

In Response to Let Youk DH next year:
    [QUOTE]I think it's time to let Youk be the Fulltime DH, His defensive range while adequate is sliding and hopefully Middlebrooks can take over.  It would save alot of where and tear on Youk and add more balance to this Lineup.
    Posted by bigdog1[/QUOTE]

You said it - Youk is adequate at 3B this year and he will be next year as well.  Moving back to 3B after playing GG caliber 1B is not necessarily easy.  Also, watching Youk compared to Beltre last year makes Youk's defense look even less stellar (though he did have a great defensive play yesterday).  Youk has been so selfless, doing whatever it takes to help the team, including playing some OF.  Unless he becomes the DH down the road, his days in Boston are likely numbered, unfortunately.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Ortiz isn't liked in Boston. He's only liked for what he did years ago. He should sign with Yankees to free up money towards 143M for new superstar clutch Ellsbury and to retain Wakefield and Varitek for new 3 year deals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I see Youk DHing in 2013 when Middlebrooks is ready.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Posters who think Youk's defensive ability is on the decline, your wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

We need comments by those who watch every game carefully.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Let Youk DH next year:
    [QUOTE]Ortiz isn't liked in Boston. He's only liked for what he did years ago. He should sign with Yankees to free up money towards 143M for new superstar clutch Ellsbury and to retain Wakefield and Varitek for new 3 year deals.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

Does the term non sequitur mean anything to anyone?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In Response to Re: Let Youk DH next year:
    [QUOTE]Ortiz isn't liked in Boston. He's only liked for what he did years ago. He should sign with Yankees to free up money towards 143M for new superstar clutch Ellsbury and to retain Wakefield and Varitek for new 3 year deals.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]
    You're right softy. Ortiz ISN"T liked in Boston......HE IS LOVED !!!!!

And you, sir are detested, pitied, and laughed at.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

The Globe should ban Softlaw as often as they do Babe.