Letterman's Top Ten Poster List

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Letterman's Top Ten Poster List

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well that answers that question.  looks like only 1 "report abuse" click caused my post to get auto removed.

[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As I've said, I'm not having posts removed, and from RedSoxKimmi's comment, I would guess she's not removing posts. As we probably make up for 90% of the females on this board, one would have to conclude that the GUYS here are having posts removed.

My advice? Grow a pair. This is a sports board and I wouldn't even imagine that guys would be running around reporting/removing posts.

In all my time here, I've learned to go with the flow understanding I'm in a male-oriented environment. IMO, if you're a guy having posts removed or removing posts you should be embarrassed...big giant crybabies running around reporting posts doesn't sound appealing. Like I've said, unless they are racist, threatening or something along those lines, I'm not for controlling the conversation or anyone's opinion -- even if it's insulting to me.

[/QUOTE]

I think there's more females than u think, or at least there used to be. Among current active posters, there's 67redsox

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As I've said, I'm not having posts removed, and from RedSoxKimmi's comment, I would guess she's not removing posts. As we probably make up for 90% of the females on this board, one would have to conclude that the GUYS here are having posts removed.

My advice? Grow a pair. This is a sports board and I wouldn't even imagine that guys would be running around reporting/removing posts.

In all my time here, I've learned to go with the flow understanding I'm in a male-oriented environment. IMO, if you're a guy having posts removed or removing posts you should be embarrassed...big giant crybabies running around reporting posts doesn't sound appealing. Like I've said, unless they are racist, threatening or something along those lines, I'm not for controlling the conversation or anyone's opinion -- even if it's insulting to me.

[/QUOTE]

I think there's more females than u think, or at least there used to be. Among current active posters, there's 67redsox

[/QUOTE]

There probably are more.

Some of them wisely keep their gender a secret.

Seem that some here don't appreciate the female perpective, when it comes to baseball, or sports in general.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The mods are the ones who decide what posts to delete.  Why blame other posters at all.

[/QUOTE]

They do have the final decision, no doubt. But I think that they do not consider very carefully what to remove and what does not deserve to be removed once the "report abuse" button has been clicked. Their discretion is lacking. Lots of innocent posts get removed, probably because someone reported them and its just easier to delete the post than to spend time looking at the post and thinking about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The mods are the ones who decide what posts to delete.  Why blame other posters at all.

[/QUOTE]

They do have the final decision, no doubt. But I think that they do not consider very carefully what to remove and what does not deserve to be removed once the "report abuse" button has been clicked. Their discretion is lacking. Lots of innocent posts get removed, probably because someone reported them and its just easier to delete the post than to spend time looking at the post and thinking about it.

[/QUOTE]

Careful.

I posted the same thing, and it was removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Careful.

[/QUOTE]

Not surprising, if you are not joking. Generally this sort of thing comes down to money. I do not know what the mods are getting paid, but if they are not getting paid much and are understaffed, that would probably explain it. I suspect that since this is a free forum that is indeed the case. Honestly, I can't say that I can blame them if thats the way it is. No one works for free.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Kimsaythis...

Great post.  I couldn't have said it any better.

If a poster doesn't like what is being printed, instead of running to mommie, don't read it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kimsaythis...

If a poster doesn't like what is being printed, instead of running to mommie, don't read it.

[/QUOTE]

That holds true to a point Ampoule....posts that are personal attacks or laced with bigotry need to be reported IMO. Differing opinions should be debated or ignored.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

Kimsaythis...

That holds true to a point Ampoule....posts that are personal attacks or laced with bigotry need to be reported IMO. Differing opinions should be debated or ignored.

[/QUOTE]

True...I should have added that. 

Recently, I got into a discussion with someone who didn't like what I was saying and I said "now, I suppose I'm on your fecal roster because I disagree with you".  Well, someone(not the person I was talking with) turned me for being abusive.

My point is that some people can find excuses to find anything abusive or repulsive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Careful.

[/QUOTE]

Not surprising, if you are not joking. Generally this sort of thing comes down to money. I do not know what the mods are getting paid, but if they are not getting paid much and are understaffed, that would probably explain it. I suspect that since this is a free forum that is indeed the case. Honestly, I can't say that I can blame them if thats the way it is. No one works for free.

[/QUOTE]

This is why I've said before that I'd rather have a board that is moderated only lightly (or not at all) than one that is run the way this one is. Harmless, unoffensive posts somehow getting deleted has been going on for a long time.

All it takes is having the mental fortitude not to let other posters get under your skin so much - or to ignore/avoid those who do. We have an ignore button for those we really can't stand. Deletions and bannings really should be only for the worst of the worst who are simply too vile to be allowed to remain.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

There probably are more.

Seem that some here don't appreciate the female perpective, when it comes to baseball, or sports in general.

[/QUOTE]

If I came here and kept my gender a secret, something tells me it would have been obvious anyway. :)  It would have been fun to try it, though, just to see how long it took.

Too late now, and no for anyone who's wondering, I will not be creating another account. One's enough for me.

Let me just add, you 4Bs have been the biggest champion for female posters here. Not only have you helped me out, I've also seen you defend other female posters on the board as well. IMO it seems like it's just in your nature to do so, and kudos to you for that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

Kimsaythis...

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, ampoule. Smile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Careful.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is why I've said before that I'd rather have a board that is moderated only lightly (or not at all) than one that is run the way this one is. Harmless, unoffensive posts somehow getting deleted has been going on for a long time.

All it takes is having the mental fortitude not to let other posters get under your skin so much - or to ignore/avoid those who do. We have an ignore button for those we really can't stand. Deletions and bannings really should be only for the worst of the worst who are simply too vile to be allowed to remain.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, however, I don't think that's what Pumpsie was saying. I think he was saying anything that can be considered a personal attack i.e. insulting should be reported.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Why after years of my not agreeing with people that said you and pike were one in the same, for years of telling them "no way".... the one time I made a joke (crack, ha ha, tee-hee) that you were pike you immediately retorted that you would report anyone saying this to or about you, and then added "make no mistake you will be reported"

Talk about running to mommy, or taking an obvious taunt to the extreme. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Why after years of my not agreeing with people that said you and pike were one in the same, for years of telling them "no way".... the one time I made a joke (crack, ha ha, tee-hee) that you were pike you immediately retorted that you would report anyone saying this to or about you, and then added "make no mistake you will be reported"

I have no memory of that. My posts are all still here, none have been edited or removed by me. If you can find it I'd love that.

It is quite possible that I had enough of being called another poster -- a male poster no less especially when it seemed to catch on. That was started by Zac years ago, and kept up over the years. I know I had enough of Zac's abuse, that's for sure. I think there's a limit to how long something can continue unabated without finally addressing it, I mean officially, because I've always defended myself. Not saying I did report it, but if it's true, than that was probably why. A female being called another male poster for YEARS might just have been enough is enough to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I give u a hard time but always deflected that association... but when I said something you did not like you openly bragged about reporting it... and calling you "pike" whether once or five times doesn't warrant being reported.

Obviously if I ran around the board following you and calling you names I would expect to be reported,.

I used to go back in the archives 100 days just to prove harness or boomerfangsdotcom wrong, and every time I was right... but I won't do that here... way too tired.

*** Anyhow I try to avoid posting to you or about you, I know I can be grating. hard habit to break.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Careful.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, however, I don't think that's what Pumpsie was saying. I think he was saying anything that can be considered a personal attack i.e. insulting should be reported.

[/QUOTE]

I did not read his posts that way...but I could be wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There probably are more.

[/QUOTE]

If I came here and kept my gender a secret, something tells me it would have been obvious anyway. :)  It would have been fun to try it, though, just to see how long it took.

Too late now, and no for anyone who's wondering, I will not be creating another account. One's enough for me.

Let me just add, you 4Bs have been the biggest champion for female posters here. Not only have you helped me out, I've also seen you defend other female posters on the board as well. IMO it seems like it's just in your nature to do so, and kudos to you for that.

[/QUOTE]

I think females get the short end of the stick here, from some members of the "O'l Boys Club".

The recent "top posters" lists floating around are a good example of this.

I think the only mention you got, was derogatory. Some posters here seem to only focus on your more, shall we say, controversial posts and ignore the majority of your other, more insightful, posts.

Their loss, IMO.

RedSoxKimmi is another woman that get very little recognition despite the fact that with her baseball knowledge and understanding of stats, she can run rings around just about everyone here.

She doesn't post here nearly enough.

I learn more from one of her posts than I do from 15 post of the guys that regurgitate the same thing, day after day.

I'm glad to see that the attitudes of some here haven't discouraged either of you from posting.

BTW, what's with the similar names and avatars? Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

I have no memory of that. My posts are all still here, none have been edited or removed by me. If you can find it I'd love that.

It is quite possible that I had enough of being called another poster -- a male poster no less especially when it seemed to catch on. That was started by Zac years ago, and kept up over the years. I know I had enough of Zac's abuse, that's for sure. I think there's a limit to how long something can continue unabated without finally addressing it, I mean officially, because I've always defended myself. Not saying I did report it, but if it's true, than that was probably why. A female being called another male poster for YEARS might just have been enough is enough to me.

[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, I've always thought the idea of you and Pike (and I've clashed with both of you at points in the past) being the same person was patently silly. The tone and voice of your posts are so different that I doubt anyone making that accusation actually believes it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

RedSoxKimmi is another woman that get very little recognition despite the fact that with her baseball knowledge and understanding of stats, she can run rings around just about everyone here.

She doesn't post here nearly enough.

I learn more from one of her posts than I do from 15 post of the guys that regurgitate the same thing, day after day.

I'm glad to see that the attitudes of some here haven't discouraged either of you from posting.

BTW, what's with the similar names and avatars? Wink

[/QUOTE] boy, thank God you didn't use the the "G" word Tongue Out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, I've always thought the idea of you and Pike (and I've clashed with both of you at points in the past) being the same person was patently silly. The tone and voice of your posts are so different that I doubt anyone making that accusation actually believes it.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

[/QUOTE] besides, despite her Yankee manifestos(miss you Beni Tongue Out)Kim is spirited, pike is crazier than a junebug..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

[/QUOTE] besides, despite her Yankee manifestos(miss you Beni Tongue Out)Kim is spirited, pike is crazier than a junebug..

[/QUOTE]

Got that right!

And I know I should know what you mean, but I'm not getting the ' "G" word"', reference...

Do I dare ask?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

[/QUOTE]

Got that right!

And I know I should know what you mean, but I'm not getting the ' "G" word"', reference...

Do I dare ask?

[/QUOTE] LOL...geek, as in stat geek..one my all time fave Kimmi-Zac "discussions" Tongue Out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

[/QUOTE]

Got that right!

Do I dare ask?

[/QUOTE] LOL...geek, as in stat geek..one my all time fave Kimmi-Zac "discussions" Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

LOL

I would've used it, if I'd thought of it.

Geeky isn't always a bad thing!