In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It is quite possible that I had enough of being called another poster -- a male poster no less especially when it seemed to catch on. That was started by Zac years ago, and kept up over the years. I know I had enough of Zac's abuse, that's for sure. I think there's a limit to how long something can continue unabated without finally addressing it, I mean officially, because I've always defended myself. Not saying I did report it, but if it's true, than that was probably why. A female being called another male poster for YEARS might just have been enough is enough to me.

[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, I've always thought the idea of you and Pike (and I've clashed with both of you at points in the past) being the same person was patently silly. The tone and voice of your posts are so different that I doubt anyone making that accusation actually believes it.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

[/QUOTE] besides, despite her Yankee manifestos(miss you Beni Tongue Out)Kim is spirited, pike is crazier than a junebug..

[/QUOTE]

Got that right!

And I know I should know what you mean, but I'm not getting the ' "G" word"', reference...

Do I dare ask?

[/QUOTE] LOL...geek, as in stat geek..one my all time fave Kimmi-Zac "discussions" Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

LOL

I would've used it, if I'd thought of it.

Geeky isn't always a bad thing!

[/QUOTE] LOL..not bad at all..Kimmi is brilliant in her own right..well, once you get past that whole Theo is a genius thing Tongue Out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Letterman's Top Ten Poster List

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL

I would've used it, if I'd thought of it.

Geeky isn't always a bad thing!

[/QUOTE] LOL..not bad at all..Kimmi is brilliant in her own right..well, once you get past that whole Theo is a genius thing Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

Well, nobody's perfect. LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i thought you were referring to gay.

[/QUOTE]

Good gawd, Slasher! LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I give u a hard time but always deflected that association... but when I said something you did not like you openly bragged about reporting it... and calling you "pike" whether once or five times doesn't warrant being reported.

Obviously if I ran around the board following you and calling you names I would expect to be reported,.

I used to go back in the archives 100 days just to prove harness or boomerfangsdotcom wrong, and every time I was right... but I won't do that here... way too tired.

*** Anyhow I try to avoid posting to you or about you, I know I can be grating. hard habit to break.

[/QUOTE]

I'll bet I said I something like I was going to report any more comments like that. I doubt I even reported you nevermind "bragged" about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Thanks, 4Bs. I admit I post my opinions are usually based on my feelings about the situation, my knowledge of baseball (which has increased over the years), and maybe just women's intuition in some cases. Some posters are interested in my perspective, some obviously are not. In Kimmi's case, she usually backs up her statements with facts and stats. I have no idea why she would be viewed differently than the males here. If that's true, it makes no sense.

As for our names and avatars, when I came to this board there was no Kimmi. I was here for about six months and was run off the board by a Yankee fan's abuse. When I came back after the season to find out what was happening with a free agent, I noticed Kimmi's posts on the board. It appeared she was here before me, but not posting on the board at the time I was here. I believe there was another board posters were on more than here. And our avatars are basically two females choosing flowers. No more, no less.

FTR if I saw Kimmi's posts before I posted, I wouldn't have used Kim in my screenname. I mean two females who do the majority of the female posting here with the same name is a little confusing - although our posts are very different, and by very different I mean completely different. :)

(I couldn't reply to your post, so I just created a new one.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The mods are the ones who decide what posts to delete.  Why blame other posters at all.

[/QUOTE]

They do have the final decision, no doubt. But I think that they do not consider very carefully what to remove and what does not deserve to be removed once the "report abuse" button has been clicked. Their discretion is lacking. Lots of innocent posts get removed, probably because someone reported them and its just easier to delete the post than to spend time looking at the post and thinking about it.

[/QUOTE]

Careful.

I posted the same thing, and it was removed.

[/QUOTE]

Not surprising, if you are not joking. Generally this sort of thing comes down to money. I do not know what the mods are getting paid, but if they are not getting paid much and are understaffed, that would probably explain it. I suspect that since this is a free forum that is indeed the case. Honestly, I can't say that I can blame them if thats the way it is. No one works for free.

[/QUOTE]

This is why I've said before that I'd rather have a board that is moderated only lightly (or not at all) than one that is run the way this one is. Harmless, unoffensive posts somehow getting deleted has been going on for a long time.

All it takes is having the mental fortitude not to let other posters get under your skin so much - or to ignore/avoid those who do. We have an ignore button for those we really can't stand. Deletions and bannings really should be only for the worst of the worst who are simply too vile to be allowed to remain.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, however, I don't think that's what Pumpsie was saying. I think he was saying anything that can be considered a personal attack i.e. insulting should be reported.

[/QUOTE]

I did not read his posts that way...but I could be wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Apparently, he didn't come back to clarify, so there's that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Why after years of my not agreeing with people that said you and pike were one in the same, for years of telling them "no way".... the one time I made a joke (crack, ha ha, tee-hee) that you were pike you immediately retorted that you would report anyone saying this to or about you, and then added "make no mistake you will be reported"

Talk about running to mommy, or taking an obvious taunt to the extreme. 

I have no memory of that. My posts are all still here, none have been edited or removed by me. If you can find it I'd love that.

It is quite possible that I had enough of being called another poster -- a male poster no less especially when it seemed to catch on. That was started by Zac years ago, and kept up over the years. I know I had enough of Zac's abuse, that's for sure. I think there's a limit to how long something can continue unabated without finally addressing it, I mean officially, because I've always defended myself. Not saying I did report it, but if it's true, than that was probably why. A female being called another male poster for YEARS might just have been enough is enough to me.

[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, I've always thought the idea of you and Pike (and I've clashed with both of you at points in the past) being the same person was patently silly. The tone and voice of your posts are so different that I doubt anyone making that accusation actually believes it.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I also don't believe anyone making the accusation actually believed it. Didn't stop them though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE] LOL...geek, as in stat geek..one my all time fave Kimmi-Zac "discussions" Tongue Out
    [/QUOTE]

Jete and FourBs, thank you for the kind words.  I try.  :-)  

As you well know, Theo and Bill James are my idols.  I love the stat geeks at BP and Fangraphs, and can only hope to know about 1/2 of what they know.

FTR, I am pulling for Theo in the Tanaka sweepstakes.  ;-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL Slasher, did you just call me gay?

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but that would be a first for me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Once again before i am banned again - how am i NOT in this listing? A travesty of justice considering I am the Bard of OTFB with my new lexicon of baseball terms that has transcended the forum genre...no one is as astute as I am regarding players and cutting thru the bunk to tell it as truthfully and entertainingly...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Once again before i am banned again - how am i NOT in this listing? A travesty of justice considering I am the Bard of OTFB with my new lexicon of baseball terms that has transcended the forum genre...no one is as astute as I am regarding players and cutting thru the bunk to tell it as truthfully and entertainingly...

[/QUOTE]

Because nice guys finish last.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Your avatar looks like you are very pleased with your attempt at humor.

I actually thought it was pretty funny. Maybe I have a low bar, but I usually don't laugh at comedy on TV and the movies; except for maybe a few isolated incidents on Scrubs; Seinfeld and 30Rock were often cute and clever, but are you going to break out laughing?

[/QUOTE]

Happy New Year steven!

I hope you are staying warm and dry in this freezing weather.  

[/QUOTE]

Thx, my friend. I stupidly didn't wear gloves for about 5 mins outside in Pittsburgh today with a subzero windchill and got icy fingers. It was painful to thaw them out.

As far as Seinfeld is concerned, I do recall laughing hard at the famous Seinfeld episode known as the Contest, where Kramer was sound asleep while the other characters were fidgety during bedtime.

[/QUOTE]

I was able to stay indoors today.  Don't forget your gloves tomorrow.  Can't type with frozen fingers Wink

[/QUOTE]

Thx, sis.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

I can't believe this thread is still going.  It must be an off season thing Wink

Disappointed  in my pats today. I'm looking forward to spring training.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL Slasher, did you just call me gay?

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but that would be a first for me.

[/QUOTE]

hahaha...no.  i thought jete was.  Tongue Out  Innocent  Wink

as usual i was wrong.  Undecided