2) Pedey      Vict

3) Papi         Pedey

4)          Naps       

5) Midd         Papi

6) Salty        Midd 

7) Vict          Gomes 

8) Nava        D Ross

9)         Iggy 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Lineup pretty much set; Time for batting order

In response to darrylfries' comment:
    [QUOTE]

It Really matters?  Tell me why?  Any lineup you can come up with is 2nd rate at best. My grandkids know baseball better than most posting here.

[/QUOTE]

Because ... people who really know baseball ... never conjecture as to a potential batting order?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

[QUOTE]

It Really matters?  Tell me why?  Any lineup you can come up with is 2nd rate at best. My grandkids know baseball better than most posting here.

[/QUOTE]

It is called Fun.  Entertainment.  Conversation.  Sports.  Debate.  Really hope life gets a bit better for you and a bunch of the other sourpuss posters on here who are apparently miserable in general.  For those who keep it light and enjoyable, thank you.  Happy Holidays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because ... people who really know baseball ... never conjecture as to a potential batting order?

[/QUOTE]

His grandkids never stoop to line-up making.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His grandkids never stoop to line-up making.

[/QUOTE]

Of course not.  Leave that to morons like Tito.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes ! You got that right. And they pick on GM and Management. Any move that is made they think they should have been notified first....Never are there so many shallow minded people as there is on here. There are some very good posters on here and they think before they post. It's ok to disagree but to be outright stupid is something else.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]

Make and batting order you want. All will be failures. We havn't solved the real problem and that was pitching. Gee I forgot Lackey is back.  We  can count on him for 18 to 20 wins. FOF. Front  Office Fools.  Great to see you guys supporting this BS.

[/QUOTE]

I tnink your times came to an end old man... You are whining and crying like your grandkids... 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

Victorino NEEDS to bat leadoff and Ellsbury needs to bat 3rd like a bigboy. Only thing missing from lineup is , Hamilton , Stanton or Wil Meyers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]

NO JUST BEING REALISTIC My time will end when I decide not you.  This team will be lucky to win 80 games and you guys want to play childrens games picking lineups.  Pick all you want  It matters little. All are losers.

[/QUOTE]

Man you aged abnormally... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I like Iglesias in the minors until he's capable of breaking a .200 BA. They should give Ciriaco a shot as the starting SS.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Although I don't think that any of the lineups posted are lights out but I don't hate them like darry.  I only hope that this lineup is strong enough to bury Iggy in it.  I wonder if the RS front office thinks so either as I am still hearing SS rumors.  I think these line ups will score some runs...the crappy line ups from last year were scoring runs...I just don't think these line ups are going to win many 12-10 games so the RS better find pitching and good pitching at that.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

Your Right.  Not going to win many slugging matches or pitching matches either. Pretty much puts iggys .200 average back iin AAA.  I would like them a lot better if the real problem pitching had been at least proped up a little.  This is the worst team we've fielded in recent or not so recent memory.

[/QUOTE]

yeah because no pitching moves are going to happen.  None of the signings had anything to do with flexibility to make a trade for a pitcher.  And, the market for free agent picthers definitely is not waiting on Zack Grienke.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to cassvt2004's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is how I see it looking:

RF Victorino S
    2B Pedroia R
    CF Ellsbury L
    1B Napoli R
    DH Ortiz L
    3B Middlebrooks R
    C Salty S
    LF Gomes R
    SS Iglesias R

Bench: Ciriaco, Kalish, Ross, Sands, Nava

[/QUOTE]

I hate to tell you but our lineup is far from set.  I also don't see Salty or Iggy in the organization much longer unless we trade for Dickey, or Iggy watches a bunch of instructional videos on hitting before ST and shows us something.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

RF Victorino S
    2B Pedroia R
    CF Ellsbury L
    1B Napoli R
    DH Ortiz L
    3B Middlebrooks R
    C Salty S
    LF Gomes R
    SS Iglesias R

[/QUOTE]

Victorino hit .255 last year, and had an OBP of just .321. Do you really expect a guy with those type of stats to be a good lead-off hitter? The Sox are making the same mistake they made in accessing Carl Crawford's abilities. What good was Crawford's great speed, when he could rarely get on base? Heck...the Sox could never find a good spot for him in the line-up, and ended up hitting him in the no-man's land of the 7th spot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

RF Victorino S
    2B Pedroia R
    CF Ellsbury L
    1B Napoli R
    DH Ortiz L
    3B Middlebrooks R
    C Salty S
    LF Gomes R
    SS Iglesias R

[/QUOTE]

Victorino hit .255 last year, and had an OBP of just .321. Do you really expect a guy with those type of stats to be a good lead-off hitter? The Sox are making the same mistake they made in accessing Carl Crawford's abilities. What good was Crawford's great speed, when he could rarely get on base? Heck...the Sox could never find a good spot for him in the line-up, and ended up hitting him in the no-man's land of the 7th spot.

[/QUOTE]

Victorino had a broken hand last year too.  And Victorino is totally different that Crawford.  A. he doesn't need to hit anywhere specific to be effective, B. his OBP is significantly better than Crafords (career) C. he is a better fielder, more versatile, better arm, Crawford was just fast out there D. he is much much cheaper, much shorter in commitment, and much more likely to succeed, relative to his skill, in Boston.  Hardly the same mistake.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

RF Victorino S
    2B Pedroia R
    CF Ellsbury L
    1B Napoli R
    DH Ortiz L
    3B Middlebrooks R
    C Salty S
    LF Gomes R
    SS Iglesias R

[/QUOTE]

Victorino hit .255 last year, and had an OBP of just .321...and you want him to bat lead-off? The Sox are making the same mistake they made in accessing Carl Crawford's abilities. What good was Crawford's great speed, when he could rarely get on base?

[/QUOTE]

Way too many holes in this lineup.  Kalish, Sands, Nava, Iggy and Salty won't improve our chances much which is why I think we are going after depth rather than quality at various positions.  We already have Nap who can DH, play 1B or C so if we sign Swisher next for the OF and 1B I think thats our plan along with whatever we get in the rotation.