Listening to Joe Buck and McCarver call a Sox-Cards Series is like...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Re: Listening to Joe Buck and McCarver call a Sox-Cards Series is like...

...is like Ram and Moon piling on Softy.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The problem with these two is they get a "theme" for a particular game and never shut up about it.

Their main "theme" for the ALCS was generally THE DETROIT STARTING ROTATION and they said Scherzer and Verlander over and over, miked them on games they didn't pitch and for the most part pretty much ignored the fact that Lester and Lackey outpitched their darlings.

So far the main "theme" for the WS is the Cardinals pitchers who are just out of diapers (evidently, although they look like men to me). Expect Wacha to have a microphone on in the dugout during Game 3....and expect these two dopes to be talking to him and ignore what is happening on the field.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Limbaugh and Hannity reporting at the Democratic National Convention (Hannity actual did it once, with, of all people, Newt Gingrich; ironically, I believe this was in 2004)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

listening to Pike explain...well......anything...:-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

The problem with these two is they get a "theme" for a particular game and never shut up about it.

Their main "theme" for the ALCS was generally THE DETROIT STARTING ROTATION and they said Scherzer and Verlander over and over, miked them on games they didn't pitch and for the most part pretty much ignored the fact that Lester and Lackey outpitched their darlings.

So far the main "theme" for the WS is the Cardinals pitchers who are just out of diapers (evidently, although they look like men to me). Expect Wacha to have a microphone on in the dugout during Game 3....and expect these two dopes to be talking to him and ignore what is happening on the field.

Totally agree with you...  In my opinion, the primary thing in any media is making money and lots of it.  Nothing is more important!  Therefore, whatever the media brain trust believe is the "ya ya" for the given moment, that will be the focus regardless of the actual event.  Whatever it takes to move those ratings because ratings equate to lots of money.  Typically, Americans love success stories especially by a young "nobody"...  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Limbaugh and Hannity reporting at the Democratic National Convention (Hannity actual did it once, with, of all people, Newt Gingrich; ironically, I believe this was in 2004)

[/QUOTE]

Ha

I'm telling ya man, it's like Hitler and Mel Gibson covering a Israel vs. Germany sporting event;-)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ha

I'm telling ya man, it's like Hitler and Mel Gibson covering a Israel vs. Germany sporting event;-)

[/QUOTE]

Mel Gibson may have made anti-semitic remarks, but don't compare him to Hitler.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Joe Buck (like Mel) isn't close to be as bad as McCarver... and yes, nobosy deserves to be legitimately compared to Hitler, it is just a joke

But how giddy they are to see the Cards take the lead again is shameful

Ha

[/QUOTE]

Mel Gibson may have made anti-semitic remarks, but don't compare him to Hitler.

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Give Buck some credit.  He has to carry McCarver.  It's hard doing the play by play and the color while tactfully correcting McCarver.  No play by play guy also does color.

Mccarver should just keep quiet.  He strikes me as an old dude that constantly wets himself without knowing it.