Looking at 2012, how would you improve this lineup?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

Looking at 2012, how would you improve this lineup?

Ellsbury CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Gonzalez 1B
    Youkilis 3B
    Ortiz DH
    Crawford LF
    Reddick RF
    Varitek C
    Scutaro SS
    Ellsbury CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Gonzalez 1B
    Youkilis 3B
    Fielder DH
    Crawford LF
    Bautista RF
    Saltalamacchia C
    Ramirez SS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Looking at 2012, how would you improve this lineup?

why not put Puljous in there too I mean, if you are gonna live in la-la land in all :)

ps - exactly how does Baustista bat behind Crawford in that line up????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Looking at 2012, how would you improve this lineup?:
    [QUOTE]2011 Ellsbury CF Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Youkilis 3B Ortiz DH Crawford LF Reddick RF Varitek C Scutaro SS 2012 Ellsbury CF Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Youkilis 3B Fielder DH Crawford LF Bautista RF Saltalamacchia C Ramirez SS
    Posted by Mr.Bump[/QUOTE]
    John Henry might have to take out a couple of reverse mortgages.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

not to mention that Bautista and Rameriz are under their team's control in 2012.....Theo would have to empty his best 15 propsects.........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Realistically, if Salty can repeat his 2011, Reddick doesn't fall off a cliff and we resign Ortiz I'd only try to improve SS and right handed bench/OF platoon.  Of course, improving SS offense is rather difficult, expensive and hardly our biggest need.

If we don't resign Ortiz - and I hope we do for fair money/year(s) - we should avoid another position-less DH.  Reduces flexibility too much and doesn't allow for giving a break to the real players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Need to see more of Reddick, right now would try to get RH 4/platoon outfielder or bat off bench, ss could use upgrade but at what price and who is out there. Give Tek his walking papers and give Salty full time job, then would need back-up catcher.If buchholtz healthy then need 5th starter and get a reliable LH out of bull-pen. No major renovations are needed but upgrades are always welcome.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

Next year we will need a RH stick, maybe middlebrooks and move to fulltime DH, the rest might be spent on another Sp.  Fielder would be nice!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sign Arod at $27 mill a year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Looking at 2012, how would you improve this lineup?:
    [QUOTE]Realistically, if Salty can repeat his 2011, Reddick doesn't fall off a cliff and we resign Ortiz I'd only try to improve SS and right handed bench/OF platoon.  Of course, improving SS offense is rather difficult, expensive and hardly our biggest need. If we don't resign Ortiz - and I hope we do for fair money/year(s) - we should avoid another position-less DH.  Reduces flexibility too much and doesn't allow for giving a break to the real players.
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]
    The improvement at SS needs to be on defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Kemp of course, someone hasn't been paying attention.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Ellsbury out, Reddick and Kalish promoted. Kemp acquired. Pink hats will cry in anger when they find out Theo won't get Henry's permission to pay Ellsbury 143M.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

so Hanley hits 9th?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Looking at 2012, how would you improve this lineup?:
    [QUOTE]Realistically, if Salty can repeat his 2011, Reddick doesn't fall off a cliff and we resign Ortiz I'd only try to improve SS and right handed bench/OF platoon.  Of course, improving SS offense is rather difficult, expensive and hardly our biggest need. If we don't resign Ortiz - and I hope we do for fair money/year(s) - we should avoid another position-less DH.  Reduces flexibility too much and doesn't allow for giving a break to the real players.
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

well said

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Responding to the OP instead of doing a "Jake hijack" like the troll specializes at, I think Mr Bump is playing Fantasy baseball with the house's money.