Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help?

I'm trying to figure out a way to get in touch with him; I know BDC has his email address, and there is I'm sure, an associated privacy policy. However, I am fearing the worst about his well being. Anyone have ideas in this modern age what can be done?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help?

Steven, I was waiting a little longer before I said anything in hopes he would return. When opening day came and went with no sign of harness, I contacted BDC and asked if they would send him an email and explained why. They did and I got an email a few days ago they never got a response. I fear the worst and hope for the best.  I was going to send you a message, but since you started the thread, thought I would respond this way as I'm sure others have wondered also. She said she would let me know if she heard anything. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help?:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying to figure out a way to get in touch with him; I know BDC has his email address, and there is I'm sure, an associated privacy policy. However, I am fearing the worst about his well being. Anyone have ideas in this modern age what can be done?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]I don't know, but I've been wondering about Mr. harness myself, usually he's back long before now. Maybe the sherriff knows how to get in touch with him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help?": [QUOTE]Steven I was waiting a little longer before I said anything in hopes he would return. When opening day came and went with no sign of harness, I contacted BDC and asked if they would send him an email and explained why. They did and I got an email a few days ago they never got a response. I fear the worst and hope for the best.  I was going to send you a message, but since you started the thread thought I would respond this way Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] Hmmmm, harness is a little before my time, I remember him, but didnt know him well. But if the email didn't come back undeliverable, then the address is still in use for better or worse. Hard to say. Maybe after the collapse he just decided to take some time away from it. Lord knows it's crossed my mind! But honesty, unless we know people off here IRL, any one of us could disappear off here, and wed never know why. Anything from death, illness, relocation, loss of interest, financial difficulty--you just never know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Not harness, Exam. He was the patriarch of the forum. Great guy and poster. He would never just disappear. He has had some health issues, also.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I left him a message, hoping for a response; short of that, we'll just have to accept his loss. He was a private person, who refused to divulge any details;perhaps Dottie could divulge his email address. There are reverse lookup capabilities (perhaps for a nominal charge) using email addresses. Sherlock Holmes would scoff at the difficulties inherent in this venture.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help?:
    [QUOTE]I left him a message, hoping for a response; short of that, we'll just have to accept his loss. He was a private person, who refused to divulge any details;perhaps Dottie could divulge his email address. There are reverse lookup capabilities (perhaps for a nominal charge) using email addresses. Sherlock Holmes would scoff at the difficulties inherent in this venture.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I didn't ask for the email address as I didn't think they could give out that information, but I can ask.You left him a message where, through the forum?? She said it's the email address he had used to communicate with them, so I think he would have responded. I know he has had some serious health issues the past few year. Wherever he is, I hope he's at peace and knows he's missed. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I left a message through the forum. Also, asking Dottie and explaining the circumstances (if not done already) would be a good idea.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I left a message through the forum. Also, asking Dottie and explaining the circumstances (if not done already) would be a good idea.

I did explain the circumstances, which is why they agreed to send the email. I think Dottie may know. What do you you want me to ask, if we can have the email address??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think he had a bet going on with Burrito that if VTek and Wake were not on the roster, he'd not post for 2 weeks or so. I hope that's it, but I am worried.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I think he had a bet going on with Burrito that if VTek and Wake were not on the roster, he'd not post for 2 weeks or so. I hope that's it, but I am worried.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I hope so moon, but the email asked him to let us know he was ok. The fact he hasn't and no response to an email that was sent 10 days ago is worrisome

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I hope everything's OK.

I know some posters have had issues with him, but personally, I've enjoyed his posts. We've had a few great discussions on players, the kind that really make this board fun -- at least for me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help? : I hope so moon, but the email asked him to let us know he was ok. The fact he hasn't and no response to an email that was sent 10 days ago is worrisome
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Let's hope for the best.

I know his eyesight was getting worse, so maybe that is the issue.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help? : Let's hope for the best. I know his eyesight was getting worse, so maybe that is the issue.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I hope so. If it's the worst case, then I've never suffered a forum loss before; in this case, it feels as bad as a personal loss, especially since he considered me a good friend. Let's hope Babe/Pike/Softy/etc doesn't get wind of this, so they can spew their obtuse cracks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help? :  I did explain the circumstances, which is why they agreed to send the email. I think Dottie may know. What do you you want me to ask, if we can have the email address??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yes; time for the task force.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I had been wondering about  harness also. I sure hope he is ok, it's not like him not to be here, I'm hopeful it is just a choice on his part not to be here but seems odd. Wishing you well harness!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It would be a horrible loss for this forum. harness and I are pretty close. We battled at times, but we agreed on a lot of things.  He is one of this boards biggest assets.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Common guys, why all the dread. Maybe he decided he was tired of it... he did make more posts than anyone else in an 8 month span.  How many of us have an old email address we no longer log into? 

I am sure he is okay..... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Nice post...Harness once skewered me for a gloating Yankee post I made after having too many Dos Equis, and I never forgot his style and substance....I do a lot of organizing work online for the Green Party USA domestically and internationally, and I have to say that if you disappear off a German forum, you might never hear a concerned tweet for years....Then again, they are mostly in their teens and 20's, so death is not exactly something that ever happens to people...Still, I bet harness is fine....O well....Shoot me guys, but I find myself compelled to do another SCTV post....I do not even have a pretext this time, other than the fact that I think John Candy's "Babe" imitation is hlarious....Harness, please forgive me or come back and make fun of me for this irrelevant post!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Steven, I was waiting a little longer before I said anything in hopes he would return. When opening day came and went with no sign of harness, I contacted BDC and asked if they would send him an email and explained why. They did and I got an email a few days ago they never got a response. I fear the worst and hope for the best.  I was going to send you a message, but since you started the thread, thought I would respond this way as I'm sure others have wondered also. She said she would let me know if she heard anything. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Thanks J-Bay and Steve ... I asked about Harness (oops, sorry about that ... edit) being gone last season and the answer he was on his hosre hiatus ... or something like that.

This sounds more ominous.  I have only read the 1st 3 posts of the thread so far, so there may be more info to be gleaned.

But last year he was back by season opener.

Maybe this year he's waiting until the Sox are at least .500 ...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help? : Yes; time for the task force.

Not sure what they can legally disclose, but I'll contact them and ask
    They'll have his name and zip code, so maybe they can go from there. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]Common guys, why all the dread. Maybe he decided he was tired of it... he did make more posts than anyone else in an 8 month span.  How many of us have an old email address we no longer log into?  I am sure he is okay..... 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

"Common" guys? Is english your first language?

I believe harnass is still sleeping after rereading his CERA thread. I know any time I have trouble falling asleep I'd open that thread and be asleep in seconds.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

I can recall looking at Harness's profile page and noted that he was friends with Kimsaysthis and they exchanged messages quite often about the deteriorating condition of the forum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help? : I hope so. If it's the worst case, then I've never suffered a forum loss before; in this case, it feels as bad as a personal loss, especially since he considered me a good friend. Let's hope Babe/Pike/Softy/etc doesn't get wind of this, so they can spew their obtuse cracks.

and there you have it.......