Looks like Andrew Miller needs to...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Looks like Andrew Miller needs to...

...mature a little bit, get a paunch, and develop a goofball. 

-Daf. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Looks like Andrew Miller needs to...

...Stop being Dice K.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

... not spend the All-Star break getting liquored up. Oops, my bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I thought the board had Miller in the HOF last week...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

He's regressed to the guy the Sox gambled on and thought they'd fixed.  Five walks and no strikeouts are the core of his professional portfolio and why a high draft pick of several years ago was available. 

The longer he is up with the Sox and coached by this pitching coach, the worse he gets.  Maybe the Pawtucket pitching coach should be moved to Boston. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like Andrew Miller needs to...:
    [QUOTE]He's regressed to the guy the Sox gambled on and thought they'd fixed.  Five walks and no strikeouts are the core of his professional portfolio and why a high draft pick of several years ago was available.  The longer he is up with the Sox and coached by this pitching coach, the worse he gets.  Maybe the Pawtucket pitching coach should be moved to Boston. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

R U refering to the immortal C. Young???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

....not be in the starting rotation because when I'm in my happy place I see that Clay Bucholz, and Jon Lester WILL be back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]I thought the board had Miller in the HOF last week...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

No not at all.  He won 3 games but the last one the Sox bats bailed him out.  He did his best but he's not ready and never was.  Back when men were actually men, Bob Gibson took a line shot off the shin from the bat of the great Roberto Clemente of the Pirates. His leg was broken but he FINISHED the freakin game so as not to let Pittsburgh have the satisfaction of knocking him out. 

Message to Becket, Lester and Buckholz, MAN-UP and get out there, battle a little discomfort and do what you get paid to do.  Act like men, fake it if you have to!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Walk, walk and then a grand slam.  Three hits and five runs in two innings. The worst outing!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

...find another team to unlock his potential.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

yes,  a bad outing by miller.  let's not judge him off one bad night.

he didn't have it tonight and also was unable to find it.

no excuses, but i would still rather watch him than matsuzaka any day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian1976. Show Brian1976's posts

I agree with therimrattler.  Walks are inexcusable and he couldnt locate tonight but Id talke him any night over Dice K.  Also, the pop up home runs in this park?  What a joke.  When baseball figures out who is going to fix the dodgers maybe they can implode the trop what a depressing way to watch baseball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

IT IS TIME FOR DUBRONT!  MILLER NEEDS ANOTHER SESSION IN PAWTUCKET.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]yes,  a bad outing by miller.  let's not judge him off one bad night. he didn't have it tonight and also was unable to find it. no excuses, but i would still rather watch him than matsuzaka any day.
    Posted by therimrattler[/QUOTE]

Really? Before tonight he was a career 18 and 26 with a 5.68 ERA.  What makes him so much better then DiceK?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pitch him against the weak teams only.  Tito should know that now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]IT IS TIME FOR DUBRONTMILLER NEEDS ANOTHER SESSION IN PAWTUCKET.
    Posted by REBEL[/QUOTE]

Why Rebel, I'm surprised at you.
    You said the next 6-7 years would be the "MILLER ERA".

Should we begin making preparations for the Doubront decade?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

boy you people, especially the ones who dont want to give a guy a chance when hes doing well in the minors. you counsel on not getting hopes up too quick, then trash him after 1 bad game. everyone on this staff has been blown up at least once this year (and they are veterans).  chill out and watch baseball. dont trash a guy till he pitches a whole year of bad games, not one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Andrew Miller need to relax, as obviously the fans need to do as well. 

This guy was a dumpster dive.  As far as I'm concerned, he's already exceeded expectations with his three victories prior to last night.  He was thrust into a position among the rotation because of injuries and because he was dominating in AAA.  

Flashback to Clay Buchholz, who was heralded as a savior and preceded to tank the following season.   Now, I'm not saying that Miller is going be a Buchholz.  It's just that if he's going to develop into a better and more consistent pitcher, he's going to take his lumps like he did last night.  The Red Sox fans just don't have the patience to wait for this development to happen in the meantime if it's going to happen at all. 

The reality is the Sox have three excellent starters who are all down right now and there are no replacements for this kind of talent and experience unless you want to mortgage what's left of the farm.  It's unrealistic to ask fill-ins to do more than what they're capable of.  For now, Miller needs to focus on throwing strikes and keeping his pitch count down so that he can at least manage a quality start.  It's up to the offense and bullpen from there.    

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Andrew Miller need to relax, as obviously the fans need to do as well.  This guy was a dumpster dive.  As far as I'm concerned, he's already exceeded expectations with his three victories prior to last night.  He was thrust into a position among the rotation because of injuries and because he was dominating in AAA.   Flashback to Clay Buchholz, who was heralded as a savior and preceded to tank the following season.   Now, I'm not saying that Miller is going be a Buchholz.  It's just that if he's going to develop into a better and more consistent pitcher, he's going to take his lumps like he did last night.  The Red Sox fans just don't have the patience to wait for this development to happen in the meantime if it's going to happen at all.  The reality is the Sox have three excellent starters who are all down right now and there are no replacements for this kind of talent and experience unless you want to mortgage what's left of the farm.  It's unrealistic to ask fill-ins to do more than what they're capable of.  For now, Miller needs to focus on throwing strikes and keeping his pitch count down so that he can at least manage a quality start.  It's up to the offense and bullpen from there.    
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

Here I expected the final piece of the rat pack comedy hour quartet - and you give us logic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]Pitch him against the weak teams only.  Tito should know that now.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

TB is one of the weakest hitting teams in baseball. concord27 should know that now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]He's regressed to the guy the Sox gambled on and thought they'd fixed.  Five walks and no strikeouts are the core of his professional portfolio and why a high draft pick of several years ago was available.  The longer he is up with the Sox and coached by this pitching coach, the worse he gets.  Maybe the Pawtucket pitching coach should be moved to Boston. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

This post makes no sense.  He was 3-0 before last nights start.  So the pitching coach is the reason he walked 5 guys?  The pitching coach would backhand you if you said that to his face knowing how ridiculous that sounds.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Miller's had allowed a ton of baserunners since his first start. His WHIP was already over 1.5 before this start. It was only a matter of time before that meant a bunch of runs scored. 

There is no doubt there is talent. But baseball graveyards are full of guys with talent that can't pitch at this level. 

I hope he can turn this around, but I am suspicious; since his current numbers are inline with his career.