Love Seeing Jake Doing Well...But...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Love Seeing Jake Doing Well...But...

Can you imagine how Scott Boras his agent is already calculating another huge fee? If Carl Crawford cost the Sox $20mil. per season, so will Jake.

For years, fans have been discussing how ridiculous the salary structure is in MLB. When the $20mil. per season ballplayer becomes routine, where does it end? A-Gon, $22mil., Crawford, $20mil., Jake, $20mil...and counting...with Pedroia, and Youk in the wings.

Now, Big Papi is upset because there have been no contract extension talks? What's a soon to be 36 year old DH worth?   

One other thing...got to hand it to Rays' manager Joe Maddon. He predicted that Jake had tremendous upside, in that he had the potential to hit for power:

Last spring, before the cracked ribs and a season filled with more medical melodrama than an episode of “ER,” Jacoby Ellsbury [stats] inspired this prediction from Tampa Bay Rays manager Joe Maddon: “He could hit 20-plus home runs.”: http://bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view/2011_0426power_not_1st_priority_sox_most_need_ellsbury_on_base/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Love Seeing Jake Doing Well...But...

Unfortunately CC's contract is the direct result if Washington incredibly overpying Werth to the tune of 18mil per...That automatically put CC around 20 when I believe he wouldve got less years and or more like 16-18 per..If Ellsbury keeps up his steady progression through next year, he WILL be in line to make 20mil..It all depends on who sets the market for 5-tool CF'ers..Thank God that the Sox have John Henry and his deep pockets to pay for it...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Love Seeing Jake Doing Well...But...:
    [QUOTE]     Can you imagine how Scott Boras his agent is already calculating another huge fee? If Carl Crawford cost the Sox $20mil. per season, so will Jake.      For years, fans have been discussing how ridiculous the salary structure is in MLB. When the $20mil. per season ballplayer becomes routine, where does it end? A-Gon, $22mil., Crawford, $20mil., Jake, $20mil...and counting...with Pedroia, and Youk in the wings.      Now, Big Papi is upset because there have been no contract extension talks? What's a soon to be 36 year old DH worth?         One other thing...got to hand it to Rays' manager Joe Maddon. He predicted that Jake had tremendous upside, in that he had the potential to hit for power.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Good post; you know more about sports than just football.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I hate the media - I know they will continue to pursue Ortiz on his feelings about a new contract. And, I do not want to hear what Ortiz has to say about it... the media loves this stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The media just love to try and bait players then take statements out of context..Its pretty pathetic..Shouldnt they be backing the teams players instead of trying to make them look like the villans?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Love Seeing Jake Doing Well...But...:
    [QUOTE]The media just love to try and bait players then take statements out of context..Its pretty pathetic..Shouldnt they be backing the teams players instead of trying to make them look like the villans?
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Don't know if it's "the media". or the Boston media. This is a group that on multiple occasions has turned on the ole towne teams. Look at how John Tomase and Ron Borges worked to destroy the Patriots in 2007...how Mr. Negativity Dan Shaughnessy beats on the local teams. 

The Sox are neck and neck with the Yanks, going into the stretch drive...and they pick this time to focus on the Ortiz contract. The Sox and the local sports teams should stop giving these muck-rakers interviews. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Love Seeing Jake Doing Well...But... :      Don't know if it's "the media". or the Boston media. This is a group that on multiple occasions has turned on the ole towne teams . Look at how John Tomase and Ron Borges worked to destroy the Patriots in 2007...how Mr. Negativity Dan Shaughnessy beats on the local teams.       The Sox are neck and neck with the Yanks, going into the stretch drive...and they pick this time to focus on the Ortiz contract. The Sox and the local sports teams should stop giving these muck-rakers interviews. 

The Sox are neck and neck with the Yanks, going into the stretch drive...and they pick this time to focus on the Ortiz contract.

with all do respect tex

that's exactly what i was thinking when I read your OP

why talk about future contracts now

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Thank God that the Sox have John Henry and his deep pockets to pay for it

No chance Henry pays for Crawbust contract after career season, Part II.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Thank God that the Sox have John Henry and his deep pockets to pay for it No chance Henry pays for Crawbust contract after career season, Part II.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

He will be offered a fair and lucrative contract..Guarenteed..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

"Fair" is meaningless. No chance of any extension. If Ellsbury returns to career levels, he will, slim chance he's signed as FA. Pink hats would love that, but it's unlikely.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[QUOTE]"Fair" is meaningless. No chance of any extension. If Ellsbury returns to career levels, he will, slim chance he's signed as FA. Pink hats would love that, but it's unlikely.

career levels??? He is basically in his 3rd full season and has shown a steady improvement every year.  You can throw out his 33 game rookie year and his 18 game 20010 season as they mean nothing. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Good point. Expect 26 homers and .899 OPS, every season for years. Drew and Crawford followed career years and average them. Good point. I'll put you down as applauding paying 142M for Ellsbury 2011 version.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"The media just love to try and bait players then take statements out of context..Its pretty pathetic..Shouldnt they be backing the teams players instead of trying to make them look like the villans?"

It's not the media's job to "back" the teams players nor should they try to create controversy.  They should be impartial and call stuff as they see it but unfortunately controversy sells papers and gets page clicks so that's why you see so much BS. 

I notice from the comments here that there are a lot of fans who want the media to be chearleaders and say everything good about the home team and never report anything negative.  To me, this is just as un-appealing as reading a guy that tries to find negativity in everything.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]"Fair" is meaningless. No chance of any extension. If Ellsbury returns to career levels, he will, slim chance he's signed as FA. Pink hats would love that, but it's unlikely.

career levels for a guys whos had 2 full seasons? you are quite the piece of work junior..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]"The media just love to try and bait players then take statements out of context..Its pretty pathetic..Shouldnt they be backing the teams players instead of trying to make them look like the villans?" It's not the media's job to "back" the teams players nor should they try to create controversy.  They should be impartial and call stuff as they see it but unfortunately controversy sells papers and gets page clicks so that's why you see so much BS.   I notice from the comments here that there are a lot of fans who want the media to be chearleaders and say everything good about the home team and never report anything negative.  To me, this is just as un-appealing as reading a guy that tries to find negativity in everything.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

I just would like them to do their job..not create controversy or be a team cheerleader..I think peter abraham is a good example..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Love Seeing Jake Doing Well...But...:
    [QUOTE]     Can you imagine how Scott Boras his agent is already calculating another huge fee? If Carl Crawford cost the Sox $20mil. per season, so will Jake.      For years, fans have been discussing how ridiculous the salary structure is in MLB. When the $20mil. per season ballplayer becomes routine, where does it end? A-Gon, $22mil., Crawford, $20mil., Jake, $20mil...and counting...with Pedroia, and Youk in the wings.      Now, Big Papi is upset because there have been no contract extension talks? What's a soon to be 36 year old DH worth?         One other thing...got to hand it to Rays' manager Joe Maddon. He predicted that Jake had tremendous upside, in that he had the potential to hit for power:       L ast spring, before the cracked ribs and a season filled with more medical melodrama than an episode of “ER,” Jacoby Ellsbury [ stats ] inspired this prediction from Tampa Bay Rays manager Joe Maddon: “He could hit 20-plus home runs.”: http://bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view/2011_0426power_not_1st_priority_sox_most_need_ellsbury_on_base/

Hey TexPat, your post is legit, but your mental health may be in question.  I mean, after the Red Sox win a World Series again is your first thought going to be, "What are they going to do about re-signing these stars who have overperformed and now have inflated market values?" 

Your persistent worrying or thinking ahead may qualify you as a good guy to hire as a financial planner, but not somebody I would invite to a dinner party.  You don't seem like a carpe diem kind of guy to me.