Loving the Energy!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Loving the Energy!

I'm really loving the positive vibes and energy that this team has right now. It's a complete 180 from last year and I think that's exactly what this team needs. Everyone seems loose and they're having fun laughing having a good time. It's great to see I think a lot of the new guys are also a huge reason for this, we heard all off season that these guys were "great clubhouse guys" but honestly these guys came to win, the jury is still out on how good they will do this year but as long as they hustle and play the game right and the pitchers do their jobs I think it will be a fun season, and I hope it stays this way all season long because it will be a fun ride that's for sure! Go Sox!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Loving the Energy!

Why would we need "good clubhouse guys?" 

I've been informed that team "chemistry" wins you no games.

It makes you wonder......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:

I'm really loving the positive vibes and energy that this team has right now. It's a complete 180 from last year

Remember the Ellsbury homer that beat the O's the 2nd to last game of 2011 that kept us alive for the playoffs? I believe I saw 5 times more excitement in the dugout for Nava's sac fly that put us up 6-0 today. The bad vibes began in late 2011. Its night and day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

True!  You have to have the talent, and I think we've got more than enough, but "the energy" and "chemistry" definitely can't hurt!

I said early on that we will get the WC with 88 - 90 wins.

Who knows, with the energy and chemistry building as the talent wins games, this could turn out to be one of these magic years????

Could the Sox steal 1st place in the AL East??? 

All Stars to be:   #1 Middy, #2 Ells,  #3 Pedey, #4 Lester, #5 Hannrahan,  #6 Buch,

These guys could take us a long way.........

HUGE contributions by Naps, Gomes, SALTY, and the mlb's leading BP   :)

Yeh!  I think this talented, and MOST UNDER-RATED team in the mlb will develope crazy good CHEMISTRY  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Chemistry does not win games. It does not make a player hit better, field better, pitch better. Teams with horrbile chemistry won because talent wins.

Now if you want to talk about culture, that's a different story. But culture isn't chemistry.

For instance, the 1970s A's had bad chemistry. The fought with ownership, fought with each other, etc. But they had the right culture -- playing the game hard, doing the things to needed on and off the field to win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Chemistry does not win games. It does not make a player hit better, field better, pitch better. Teams with horrbile chemistry won because talent wins.

Now if you want to talk about culture, that's a different story. But culture isn't chemistry.

For instance, the 1970s A's had bad chemistry. The fought with ownership, fought with each other, etc. But they had the right culture -- playing the game hard, doing the things to needed on and off the field to win.

semantics....   in my opinion.

p.s.  I'm not defining "chemistry" as all getting along.  We are likely saying the same thing, with differing connotations.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I personally think that "chemistry" and "culture" are intertwined. 

You  are absolutely right about needing the talent to seize upon the "chemistry" or "culture."

Perhaps "culture" is the better term???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I also like the fun and positive clubhouse.  They go out, have fun and bust their butts off.