Making sunshine out of rain..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Making sunshine out of rain..

It is intersting. If your team starts 2-10 and another team goes 10-2 it is safe to say that by July you will have had a 10-2 run while the other team goes 2-10.

Such a roller-coaster ride this game they call baseball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Re: Maiking sunshine out of rain..

...but if the 2-10 run is midseason it's less obvious leaving the pinheads, SSS disciples and Chicken Littles less to b1tch and moan about.

[note - I'm sick today so am typing from my bed!]

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You know 2004 was so perfect and in so many ways... 2007 seemed nice but not long after I realized my fondness of the Red Sox historically was slowly dying.

I did not mind Manny's contract because back then nearly 75% of all teams had one or two marquee contracts... but eventually it became the top 15% ended up with multiple big money players while other teams had none or went bankrupt with the one they had.

I loved when Nomar was traded, and not because I dis not love the guy, but that was an ol fashioned move where you trade one of your own for a couple of medium type guys that really can make a difference.

Seems like those days are long gone....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm pretty happy with the recent direction this club has shown. We've hung tough without our closer, CF'er, 3Bman, and LF'er.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

The team is put together with bubble gum and bailing wire, particularly in the OF. But there seems to be something in the air that might be described as come cohesiveness, despite the regulars out. I don't doubt that these guys are giving their alland I even think the SP has shown they have something to prove.
    The glass is half full, IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Making sunshine out of rain..

Speaking of Bubble Gum how nasty was that stuff in the Topps cards when we were kids!  I think that is why I never got hooked on chewing gum.

Now had Hubba Bubba Grape been in there I might have become a junkie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

The best was Bazooka w/ the little page of comics inside. You could blow bubbles the size of basketballs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Making sunshine out of rain..:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of Bubble Gum how nasty was that stuff in the Topps cards when we were kids!  I think that is why I never got hooked on chewing gum. Now had Hubba Bubba Grape been in there I might have become a junkie.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]The Topps gum was definitely nasty, Like sugar coated cardboard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

In many cases, when you opened the Topps pack, many cards were ruined by oil oozing from the gum.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Maiking sunshine out of rain..:
    I'm pretty happy with the recent direction this club has shown. We've hung tough without our closer, CF'er, 3Bman, and LF'er.
    Posted by moonslav59

i'll agree with you about the CF and CLOSER. i don't believe the SOX have lost much with the 3rd base and LF replacements.
    actually, the SOX may have gained.

I could be wrong, but I think even if we agree Youk is in decline, if healthy, he'd be doing better than the .718 team 3B OPS thus far this year (not counting the 0h for 4 tonight). The .780 LF OPS is another story, but if we had CC and not Ellsbury, I have to think the CF  OPS would be better than .586, even if just by osmosis.

BTW, without these 4 guys, we are now just 2.5 games behind a wild card slot!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Maiking sunshine out of rain..:
    [QUOTE]The team is out together with bubble gum and bailing wire, particularly in the OF. But there seems to be something in the air that might be described as come cohesiveness, despite the regulars out. I don't doubt that these guys are giving their alland I even think the SP has shown they have something to prove. The glass is half full, IMO.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

Half liquid, half air. The glass is always full.