Marlins Shopping Logan Morrison, should the sox get him to play 1b?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Marlins Shopping Logan Morrison, should the sox get him to play 1b?

According to mlbtr, the marlins are now shopping logan morrison and ricky nolasco. Now i am not too interested in nolasco, but morrison on the other hand is a guy that the sox should deal for. i would imagine the cost would not be extremely high and he has potential to be a really good player. he has had some durability issues in the past, but keeping him at first base as opposed to the outfield should put much less wear on his body. One other thing that he has going for him is his age, as he just turned 25 this past august.what do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Marlins Shopping Logan Morrison, should the sox get him to play 1b?

More likely that Marlins will ask for Middlebrook, Lavarnway plus maybe top prospect.

I rather to use Lavarnway plus top prospect for pitching!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i think at the very least the sox should look into it. considering that all the 1B options on the free agent market are on the wrong side of 30 and will want legit money. I think morrison is probably the best option at this point. He is young, hits for power, and has legit potential. watching some vidoes of him hit, he reminds me of lance berkman. Lomo could be a very good player for years to come. Potential 30-35 homer guy at first. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

From Logan Morrison:

https://twitter.com/LoMoMarlins

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i think at the very least the sox should look into it. considering that all the 1B options on the free agent market are on the wrong side of 30 and will want legit money. I think morrison is probably the best option at this point. He is young, hits for power, and has legit potential. watching some vidoes of him hit, he reminds me of lance berkman. Lomo could be a very good player for years to come. Potential 30-35 homer guy at first. 

[/QUOTE]

Biggest problem is that he bat lefty...does Boston have line up problem in the last three years due too many lefty in the line up eventhough they ranked in the top 5 best offense for a while before the last  August trades

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From Logan Morrison:

https://twitter.com/LoMoMarlins

[/QUOTE]

Logan would be a very good fit.  Young and powerful he could clear up our first base problem for years and give us the time to get the rest of our team on track.  Problem?  Cherington!!!!!  He doesn't move at all and I'll bet he hasn't given that even a farthing of a thought.  And who knows who they would want in exchange if we don't at least ask.  Or is the Bungler itching to resign the putrid James Baloney and miserable Mauro Gomez?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

According to mlbtr, the marlins are now shopping logan morrison and ricky nolasco. Now i am not too interested in nolasco, but morrison on the other hand is a guy that the sox should deal for. i would imagine the cost would not be extremely high and he has potential to be a really good player. he has had some durability issues in the past, but keeping him at first base as opposed to the outfield should put much less wear on his body. One other thing that he has going for him is his age, as he just turned 25 this past august.what do you guys think?

[/QUOTE]

Wear on the body???? NOT !!! We have Ells for that position

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Wowie! Wow! Logan Morrison!

.230 and .247 in his only real action, plus low OBP.

Sounds like a worldbeater for one of your power positions!

And someone said something about the Marlins wanting Will Middlebrooks? Only to the clinically insane. If you're going to talk about trading Middlebrooks, it better be about Mike Stanton or King Felix, not some schlub from the scrap heap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wowie! Wow! Logan Morrison!

.230 and .247 in his only real action, plus low OBP.

Sounds like a worldbeater for one of your power positions!

And someone said something about the Marlins wanting Will Middlebrooks? Only to the clinically insane. If you're going to talk about trading Middlebrooks, it better be about Mike Stanton or King Felix, not some schlub from the scrap heap.

[/QUOTE]

What i was thinking.  I do not want to trade prospects for a lefty hitter whose ceiling is .250, 20hr.  Seriously?  Logan Morrison?  Give me any righty instead.  Id rather go w Mauro Gomez(seriously).

Napoli or Laroche, please.  Napoli has 30 HR righty power and draws walks.  LaRoche has 30 HR righty power, is a good teammate, and fields his position well.  Why the heck are we talking about trading for Morrsion when two superior free agents are available?

Me?  Id grab LaRoche AND Napoli.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I wouldn't sign Napoli and LaRoche, but I would sign whichever one would take 3/36 with incentives to get it up to 3/40 and an option year in year 4.  I think the longer Ben waits the higher the price tag on these two.  If he waits for bargains we will end up forced to make a trade, and end up overpaying in prospects.  My personal philosphy (recognizing tha it IS NOT my money) is that I'd rther overpay the money in a FA deal than overpay with prospects in a trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

you want a 33 year old guy in laroche who wants a big contract and napoli who isnt even a first baseman and is 31 instead of a 25 year old with big power potential who can play both 1B and LF? who is scheduled to make far less. This team needs to get younger, not older. napoli i dont mind, but a big NO to laroche. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]

you want a 33 year old guy in laroche who wants a big contract and napoli who isnt even a first baseman and is 31 instead of a 25 year old with big power potential who can play both 1B and LF? who is scheduled to make far less. This team needs to get younger, not older. napoli i dont mind, but a big NO to laroche. 

[/QUOTE]

First of all , being able to play 1B and LF doesnt impress me.  Those are the two easiest positions to play.  Pretty much anyone can play either 1B or LF.  We dont need to get younger, we need to get better.  I am unsure why you think Logan has big power potential.  When he was 19 in A, he had 24 HR's.  That was 2007.  From 2007-2010, he averaged 10 homeruns/yr.  In 2011 and 2012 (since he's been in the majors), he's averaged 18 HRs / yr.  He doesnt look like a great contact hitter.

You make some good pts about LaRoche.  Maybe LaRoche isnt the answer.  But a big market team shouldnt have to settle for Morrison though.  We can do better.

I'd consider starting the season w/ Lava behind the plate and Napoli at 1B.  If Lava struggles, you can move Napoli to C and find a 1B either via trade or internally (sands, Gomez...)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Mauro Gomez minor league stats blow Logan Morrisons out of the water.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Softlawes. Show Softlawes's posts

No.

In addition, they should not go 3 years @ market rate for 2nd rate FA Napoli and LaRoche. Forget LaRoshe, period, a total starter @ first bum. Napoli @ 2 years has good value and fit because he can catch in addition to play 1st. VMart for farm scraps offer should be the first move. If the Tigers want more to take all of his 2 year contract, move to Napoli on a a 2 year base 10 offer. If the market exceeds that, go with Gomez and a one year low single digit base for Loney and platoon the position that the incompetent vacated to unload his disaster "he's a great player still" Crawford and the foolish early extenstion to Beckett.

Henry had beter star firing some of thse fantasy fools in middle management.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I think Henry should hire Softlaw, just so he can fire him...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Drewski, Adam Laroche is left handed.

Other than that, agree 100% on Morrison.

I'd rather have Jim Morrison, and he's been dead for decades.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

If the Sox do get LoMo,there is no certainty.  The only thing for certain is I would get a Twitter account just to follow his diatribes...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Softlawes. Show Softlawes's posts

I think Henry should hire Softlaw, just so he can fire him...

If he hired me, he would think he hired Earl Weaver. He'd give me a huge raise, after year one, as I would do the job for travel expenses and free speech.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Well, you do make my think of "My Name is Earl"...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Biggest problem is that he bat lefty...does Boston have line up problem in the last three years due too many lefty in the line up eventhough they ranked in the top 5 best offense for a while before the last  August trades

[/QUOTE]

We got killed by righty pitchers last year and > .500 v lefties.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I was thinking Dennis Weaver.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It depends on price, but yes on Lomo.  More than reasonable .781 career by age of 24.  Good K/W at 208/126.  Might be a little crazy, so we'd need background checks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Softlawes' comment:
    [QUOTE]

No.

In addition, they should not go 3 years @ market rate for 2nd rate FA Napoli and LaRoche. Forget LaRoshe, period, a total starter @ first bum. Napoli @ 2 years has good value and fit because he can catch in addition to play 1st. VMart for farm scraps offer should be the first move. If the Tigers want more to take all of his 2 year contract, move to Napoli on a a 2 year base 10 offer. If the market exceeds that, go with Gomez and a one year low single digit base for Loney and platoon the position that the incompetent vacated to unload his disaster "he's a great player still" Crawford and the foolish early extenstion to Beckett.

Henry had beter star firing some of thse fantasy fools in middle management.

[/QUOTE]

The market has exceeded EVERYTHING you propose. So I guess by your unrealistic standards we should field a team of Mauro Gomez', since no FA in their right mind would sign for what YOU think they are worth.

Oh, and howd that 1 yr market for "the racist" (your words) Hunter work out for ya? 2/26, thats how it worked out. Good for him, hes certainly worth it.

You have no clue, and it becomes yet even more clear with every post on FA you make.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Sox do get LoMo,there is no certainty.  The only thing for certain is I would get a Twitter account just to follow his diatribes...

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, hes pretty entertaining. Im a follower of LoMo.

I suppose it wouldnt take much to acquire him. I would do it for something of little value to us. Blocked mid-card prospect maybe? Bullpen arm?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Drewski, Adam Laroche is left handed.

Other than that, agree 100% on Morrison.

I'd rather have Jim Morrison, and he's been dead for decades.

[/QUOTE]

Cross him off my list then.