MASTERSON = MASTERFUL, how did that trade work out for us again?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: MASTERSON = MASTERFUL, how did that trade work out for us again?

It was and still is a great trade for us.

Masterson has been up and down, and as these threads keep showing up on the up swings, they are silent during the down times.

We got VMart for 1.5 years and made the playoffs once with his help.

We then drafted Matt Barnes and Henry Owens as compensation for losing VMart to free agency.

I would not trade those two for Masterson right now.

How did that trade work out for us again?

EXCELLENT!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Masterson has been up and down, and as these threads keep showing up on the up swings, they are silent during the down times.

We then drafted Matt Barnes and Henry Owens as compensation for losing VMart to free agency.

EXCELLENT!

solid post....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Commie you got owned this time around man...sorry mate. 

You'll be back!

#moonslav FTW

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:

19 innings of shut out ball, 6-0 shutout today (almost) as he outpointed the king of felix in a battle of ACES (he's up there with buch and lest). we got v-mart, had a solid year and we balked at a salary for a proven elite hitter that we now throw around to every jabro that comes thru the door. then we kept him for only one year. tito has done a great job building red sox midwest pitching (cleveland).. lets see, had dice-k, has hagadone, has master, has fat albers, i forget the others.. i digress but i saw oki on red sox west (oakland).

You call youself a Sox fan?  We're winning and this is your opinion?

Moon told you the consequences of the trade.

You have the audacity to use 'Boston Strong' as your logo?  You should be ashamed.

Your view embarasses Boston and  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

EXCELLENT!

DAD & BILL-806, CONCUR !!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

EXCELLENT!

DAD & BILL-806, CONCUR !!!!

and the blathering starts.

CONAN, go back to sleep !!!! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

19 innings of shut out ball, 6-0 shutout today (almost) as he outpointed the king of felix in a battle of ACES (he's up there with buch and lest). we got v-mart, had a solid year and we balked at a salary for a proven elite hitter that we now throw around to every jabro that comes thru the door. then we kept him for only one year. tito has done a great job building red sox midwest pitching (cleveland).. lets see, had dice-k, has hagadone, has master, has fat albers, i forget the others.. i digress but i saw oki on red sox west (oakland).

I'm sure you were talking about Masterson like this last year too, when he had a 4.93 ERA and a 1.45 WHIP.  Are you aware of his total stats with Cleveland, or just the last few games?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I'm sure you were talking about Masterson like this last year too, when he had a 4.93 ERA and a 1.45 WHIP.  Are you aware of his total stats with Cleveland, or just the last few games?

He was busy following the exploits of the Kardashians last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thanks Moon, ya beat me to it. Barnes/Owens > Masterson

You start a thread everytime an ex-Sox player does good. By the way, Ive run with some real pro wrestlers and they dont talk like that. your just some wrestling mark wannabe and it doesnt sound "cool", it makes you sound like a big follower and unoriginal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

EXCELLENT!

I agree moon. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

EXCELLENT!

ok moon-me, let me get this straight.. u wouldnt trade owens and barnes right now straight up for the master? if he were a baker, he would b a master Baker. thats how good he's been. what are we pittsburgh> u know how many barnes and henry owens turn out to b busts with time? master was lights out in the bullpen, remember that? could have solved our closa issues if not as a starter. u hook him up with a farrel and nieves, u dont think he's realizing his potential. geez, we aint talking about Jesse Owens here, talking Henry. how has the webster worked out? seems like s mean featured words are WALK and BALL! looked like a cant-miss as well. bok is still open on B and O, not about to crown them yet!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

EXCELLENT!

ok moon-me, let me get this straight.. u wouldnt trade owens and barnes right now straight up for the master? if he were a baker, he would b a master Baker. thats how good he's been. what are we pittsburgh> u know how many barnes and henry owens turn out to b busts with time? master was lights out in the bullpen, remember that? could have solved our closa issues if not as a starter. u hook him up with a farrel and nieves, u dont think he's realizing his potential. geez, we aint talking about Jesse Owens here, talking Henry. how has the webster worked out? seems like s mean featured words are WALK and BALL! looked like a cant-miss as well. bok is still open on B and O, not about to crown them yet!

I doubt Masterson would have made a good closer.  He was good in the bullpen, far from 'lights-out', and doesnt have closer stuff IMO.  Its just conjecture either way.  But, Masterson was no safe bet.  Yes, he may be finally coming into his own right now.  Maybe, though his career path has shown peaks like this already and then plummets back to earth.  But, even if he is finally blossoming, the Sox would have had to wait for this blossom probably the same amount of time.  Hard to wait that long on a guy.  Hindsight is easy, especially because you can block out all the negative aspects from your memory and just focus on Masterson's early 2013.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You loved the trade at the time. You have been crying about losing VMart since the minute he signed with Detroit. The Indians were not looking to add a payroll like Jacoby's when they traded VMart. You keep saying Ellsbury's a bum, but then assume every GM in MLB wants him, wanted him, and would have given up the world for him.

The worst part is, you don't even see the contradiction.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Speaking of wrestling, I want to slap the sharpshooter on Bobby Valentine and Dice-K.   LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Actually, I would not trade just Owens for masterson right now. Forget Barnes.

Masterson is a FA after next year. We can sign him then and have all 3.

1.7 years of Masterson is not equal to many many years of Owens and Barnes. Yes, they may both turn out to be busts, but then again, masterson may repeat his 2012 numbers the rest of this year and next: 11-15  4.93 (1.454 WHIP).  Or, he may repeat his 2010 numbers: 6-13 4.70 (1.500), or his 2009 season, or .... 

The guy is hot and cold. You chose this current hot streak and assume this is who he is, has been, and will be. I'll take the two young studs with higher upside and about 15 years of team control between them. You can have the 1.7 years of the inconsistent Masterson.

(I'm not saying I wouldn't take Masterson over Doubront right now, but I wouldn't trade 2 of our best pitcvhing prospects for him.)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Speaking of wrestling, I want to slap the sharpshooter on Bobby Valentine and Dice-K.   LOL

You sharp shoot dice, Ill figure 4 Valentine ;)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

1.7 years of Masterson is not equal to many many years of Owens and Barnes. Yes, they may both turn out to be busts, but then again, masterson may repeat his 2012 numbers the rest of this year and next: 11-15  4.93 (1.454 WHIP).  Or, he may repeat his 2010 numbers: 6-13 4.70 (1.500), or his 2009 season, or .... 

The guy is hot and cold. You chose this current hot streak and assume this is who he is, has been, and will be. I'll take the two young studs with higher upside and about 15 years of team control between them. You can have the 1.7 years of the inconsistent Masterson.

(I'm not saying I wouldn't take Masterson over Doubront right now, but I wouldn't trade 2 of our best pitcvhing prospects for him.)

thatsnice, but thats the master baker's going rate right now. also, meant if all things were relatively equal, meaning if we had a window to extend the master before finalizing the trade and what not... u have no clue how these 2 prospects will turn out. master's overall work shows he can bake in the majors. worse case scenario, u can always throw him back in the bullpen.. he's the anti-bard (not bard to the bone).. very valuable guy. plus with his frame and delivery , i dont c him suffering arm issues anytime soon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

thatsnice, but thats the master baker's going rate right now. also, meant if all things were relatively equal, meaning if we had a window to extend the master before finalizing the trade and what not... u have no clue how these 2 prospects will turn out. master's overall work shows he can bake in the majors. worse case scenario, u can always throw him back in the bullpen.. he's the anti-bard (not bard to the bone).. very valuable guy. plus with his frame and delivery , i dont c him suffering arm issues anytime soon.

Theres no way on Gods green earth that Masterson is worth anyone's #1 and #3 pitching prospect. The guy is 46-55 with a 4.07 ERA and because hes having a decent year after a month and a half into the season you think hes worth 2 top pitching prospects?

Obviously you havent a clue to the worth of a player.