Matsuzaka is a disgrace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: Matsuzaka is a disgrace

In Response to Re: Matsuzaka is a disgrace:
    [QUOTE]"Orisllo" is a fine announcer. But he's just that: an announcer.  Is he  aware of how pitchers perform with and w/o Tek - the exacting data? Beckett isn't 61-27 with Tek/ 11-14 w/o Tek for a reason. The BP didn't have an ERA 1.5 runs more with VMART than with Cash/Tek by "coincidence". You are and always have been blind to a catcher's relevance . The Tigers got a nice effort on the mound tonight as they upset the Rangers. VMART was 1-4...as a DH .
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I also think some pitchers are headcases and Josh Beckett is one of them.  Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see Lester as a guy that would have a hard time adjusting to a new catcher.

I just think it's way to early to be blaming Salty for this.  Another thing too... Have you ever seen a situation in MLB where a new or young catcher was absolutely causing a pitching staff to crumble?  I've never seen a situation like this but then you have some Sox fans freaking out that Salty is the root of the pitching problems.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yes, I've seen plenty of young catchers have an extremely negative affect on their pitchers when I researched this last year. Young catchers are often intimidated with veteran pitchers. In addition, their rookie year is when their learning curve is most prominent.

I agree with you some pitchers are head cases. I also agree in that it's too early to make a call on Salty. And when that time comes, it should be noted that Saltydidn't make Salty the FT catcher of the Boston RedSox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baba-Yaga. Show Baba-Yaga's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baba-Yaga. Show Baba-Yaga's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baba-Yaga. Show Baba-Yaga's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baba-Yaga. Show Baba-Yaga's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I believe that a certain fella who's been chuckin' zeros at batters the last two games deserves and apology or two....

If not, then you're a disgrace.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baba-Yaga. Show Baba-Yaga's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGreatAnton7. Show TheGreatAnton7's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m