Matt Barnes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Matt Barnes

So far Matt Barnes has made the Sally League look like facing Little Leaguers.
    Another gem today (6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 9K).

His 3 outings so far below:

4/8     5 IP   2H   0R   2BB   9K
    4/13   5 IP   1H   0R   0BB   7K
    4/18   6 IP   3H   0R   0BB   9K

Totals:
    16IP , 6H , 0R, 2BB, 23K , ERA=0.00, WHIP=0.50

On his way to Salem soon?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Matt Barnes

In Response to Matt Barnes:
    [QUOTE]So far Matt Barnes has made the Sally League look like facing Little Leaguers. Another gem today (6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 9K). His 3 outings so far below: 4/8     5 IP   2H   0R   2BB   9K 4/13   5 IP   1H   0R   0BB   7K 4/18   6 IP   3H   0R   0BB   9K Totals: 16IP , 6H , 0R, 2BB, 23K , ERA=0.00, WHIP=0.50 On his way to Salem soon?
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Barnes was a great draft pick, the key is to bring him along slow and we could have a much better starter than Kelly or Renaudo will ever be.  Matt has some nice stuff and the confidence not to allow anything to get to his head along the way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

That's type of numbers Bard was expected to do in his first year in this organization. Obviously did not happen.

Keep a close tab on Barnes. He could be here quickly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

He vaulted past Ranaudo before he picked up a professional baseball. Finally, we have a stud pitching prospect who looks like a near definite winner. That's what we get when we have some top picks. 

3 picks this summer in the top 37 again. I like our chances.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Barnes:
    [QUOTE]That's type of numbers Bard was expected to do in his first year in this organization. Obviously did not happen. Keep a close tab on Barnes. He could be here quickly.
    Posted by Mt200[/QUOTE]

True, but Bard played in Lancaster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

He's only doing what he's expected to do right now.  He was put at a level where he could simply adjust to a 5 day professional routine without worrying about the hitters he's facing.  Certainly great to see him dominate while making that adjustment, but he's a 21 year old in low A ball.  Check back in a month or so when he's in Salem.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

We have had our share of pitchers living up to the hype over the last decade.  I hope Barnes is the next one, but I think on the week Bowden gets the DFA we should stay calm.

Barnes will be 22 in 2 months. At age 21, Bowden in AA: 72 hits 104 innings, .92 WHIP,  8.7 K/9,  with a 2.33 ERA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]We have had our share of pitchers living up to the hype over the last decade.  I hope Barnes is the next one, but I think on the week Bowden gets the DFA we should stay calm. Barnes will be 22 in 2 months. At age 21, Bowden in AA: 72 hits 104 innings, .92 WHIP,  8.7 K/9,  with a 2.33 ERA.
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

I think Bowden still has a shot at meaningful contribution.  I hope he's not released - I'm sure he won't clear waivers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Barnes : I think Bowden still has a shot at meaningful contribution.  I hope he's not released - I'm sure he won't clear waivers.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Meaningful like he's been the last 3 years. Please.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Barnes : Meaningful like he's been the last 3 years. Please.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

20 IP of slightly above average relief last year for the MLB minimum.  Just seems like he's never been given a chance in the pen for the Sox.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Barnes : 20 IP of slightly above average relief last year for the MLB minimum.  Just seems like he's never been given a chance in the pen for the Sox.  
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

So it means the previous regime didn't think much of him or he just wasn't good enough. Did he pitch in any high pressure situations?