Mazz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Mazz

There's controversy on the Red Sox and Mazz has a new column on the Olde Towne Team after crickets while our hitters were mashing Tampa's vaunted pitching. Quelle surprise.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Mazz

I support that article....sick of the same old with this team...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Mazz:
    [QUOTE]There's controversy on the Red Sox and Mazz has a new column on the Olde Towne Team after crickets while our hitters were mashing Tampa's vaunted pitching. Quelle surprise.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Mazz knows which side of his bread is buttered.

Kiss Bobby V's azz and maybe get more juicy statements.

Mazz used to know what he's was talking about. But, he's seen the Felger/ CHB light.

Tick off as many readers as possiblre and watch your web page hits skyrocket.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

My take on the latest Mazz piece is that he isn't really supporting anyone.  He calls Bobby V a sympathetic figure at one point, but also says he shouldn't have been hired and that he talks too much. 

This whole thing just goes to show how much the Boston press loves these little episodes.  First one of them traps Bobby into saying something that could easily be interpreted as negative about Youk.  Then everyone else takes up the call, "Bobby slams Youk for bad attitude, bad performance, bad morals, you name it."  Then one of them goes to Pedroia and says, "are you going to let your partner Youk get hammered by this new guy?"  So Pedroia jumps into the melee in defense of Youk.  Now Valentine tries to mend fences with Youk, but the press and apparently Youk all say, "not good enough. We need to see you grovel." 

My opinion about Youk is that he clearly is not the old Youk, at the plate or in the field. He couldn't handle a line shot hit right to him, and his hitting, usually great in the spring, is off. Valentine claims he was trying to protect his thirdbaseman, but the interview doesn't read that way. 

The one thing the Mazz article does seem to advance is the thesis that Bobby Valentine is going to have a very tough time managing these guys.  He is the one backing down and backing down fast and subserviently. And Cherington is the one saying, "I've got this under control because my manager certainly does not." 

I used to be a huge Youk fan and put him in the same class with Pedroia--skillful, hard worker, never slacking off, hits and fields, etc. But three things turned me a little against him.  He does have a temper and loves to display it. He was suspended for five games for charging a pitcher when the Sox could not afford to have him out of the lineup.  He keeps missing lots of games every season because of injuries (which are real injuries). He took a big shot at Ellsbury in 2010 for not sitting on the bench when he was injured and rehabbing out west. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It's just more Mazz-nure.I don't really understand why anyone bothers to read his columns.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Mazz is clueless.  I used to have respect for him, but he's been mailing it in.  The only thing worse than reading him is listening to him on the radio.

Can't they electronically alter his voice so that it's in a range that doesn't cause dogs to howl?  And when he goes off and he gets whiney - oh my God.  The station gets flipped to NPR.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz:
    [QUOTE]My take on the latest Mazz piece is that he isn't really supporting anyone.  He calls Bobby V a sympathetic figure at one point, but also says he shouldn't have been hired and that he talks too much.  This whole thing just goes to show how much the Boston press loves these little episodes.  First one of them traps Bobby into saying something that could easily be interpreted as negative about Youk.  Then everyone else takes up the call, "Bobby slams Youk for bad attitude, bad performance, bad morals, you name it."  Then one of them goes to Pedroia and says, "are you going to let your partner Youk get hammered by this new guy?"  So Pedroia jumps into the melee in defense of Youk.  Now Valentine tries to mend fences with Youk, but the press and apparently Youk all say, "not good enough. We need to see you grovel."  My opinion about Youk is that he clearly is not the old Youk, at the plate or in the field. He couldn't handle a line shot hit right to him, and his hitting, usually great in the spring, is off. Valentine claims he was trying to protect his thirdbaseman, but the interview doesn't read that way.  The one thing the Mazz article does seem to advance is the thesis that Bobby Valentine is going to have a very tough time managing these guys.  He is the one backing down and backing down fast and subserviently. And Cherington is the one saying, "I've got this under control because my manager certainly does not."  I used to be a huge Youk fan and put him in the same class with Pedroia--skillful, hard worker, never slacking off, hits and fields, etc. But three things turned me a little against him.  He does have a temper and loves to display it. He was suspended for five games for charging a pitcher when the Sox could not afford to have him out of the lineup.  He keeps missing lots of games every season because of injuries (which are real injuries). He took a big shot at Ellsbury in 2010 for not sitting on the bench when he was injured and rehabbing out west. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

in Youk's defense, he was the pin-cushion of the league for most of that year. every pitcher and their mother was pegging him and he needed to send a message and fast. As for the thing with ells i support it. When youk is injured he is with the team and so is most everyone else (hell, even lackey is with the team...)

this whole wituation is FUBAR no matter what bobby V does hes going to get slammed right or wrong. personally, I am pretty much boycotting globe articles written by these punks that call themselves sox writers... everyone but cafardo pretty much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz : in Youk's defense, he was the pin-cushion of the league for most of that year. every pitcher and their mother was pegging him and he needed to send a message and fast. As for the thing with ells i support it. When youk is injured he is with the team and so is most everyone else (hell, even lackey is with the team...) this whole wituation is FUBAR no matter what bobby V does hes going to get slammed right or wrong. personally, I am pretty much boycotting globe articles written by these punks that call themselves sox writers... everyone but cafardo pretty much.
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

Thats my approach as well.  If I wanted long-winded, inflammatory opinions with nary a nod to actual baseball thought I would just spend time on some Red Sox internet forum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz : Thats my approach as well.  If I wanted long-winded, inflammatory opinions with nary a nod to actual baseball thought I would just spend time on some Red Sox internet forum.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Awesome, Space! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The problem I have with some of the columnists is not that they write things and share their opinion, thats they're job. It's sometimes they just won't let things die or go away. They keep rehashing the same stuff, they never want to move on.