Medical Staff revamped

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Medical Staff revamped

looks like Ben agrees with me that the medical staff was lousy....it has been revamped...

looks like paps complaint was legit and the practice sketchy

http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2013/02/boston_red_sox_spring_training_4.html#incart_river

as always 100% correct

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Medical Staff revamped

I do not know who Dr. Larry Ronan is, but I hope he does a better job. 

In 2010, 19 players were placed on the DL for a loss of 1,018 games.

In 2011, 18 players were placed on the DL for a loss of 803 games.

In 2012, 27 players were placed on the DL for a loss of 1,495 games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The medical staff has been routinely awful, imvho.  I don't know if it would've made a difference in 2010, but did Ellsbury lose more time than necessary because the medical staff 'don't perform MRIs on bruises'?

And as Pumpsie has said, it is entirely possible that the medical staff cost us the season by not diagnosing Buchholz' injury earlier.  It probably wasn't a season-ending injury, just a rest and rehab, that they started too late.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

When you actually lookatwhattheywent on the DL for most can not be directed at the medical staff. Broken arms, thumbs, ribs from collisions, or seperated soulders. Heck even most pulled muscles and the ike have nothing o do with the med staff. The things tha maybe a med staff issue is when a guy ends up with TJ surgery.

How long a guy is out is a combination of the player, med staff/FO, players DR and Agent.

Not saying they have been geat ut throwing a blanket over all DL lists and saying the med staff suks is totally untrue.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

The medical staff has been routinely awful, imvho.  I don't know if it would've made a difference in 2010, but did Ellsbury lose more time than necessary because the medical staff 'don't perform MRIs on bruises'?

And as Pumpsie has said, it is entirely possible that the medical staff cost us the season by not diagnosing Buchholz' injury earlier.  It probably wasn't a season-ending injury, just a rest and rehab, that they started too late.

I don't know how quickly and often these players get second opinions from their personal doctors, but perhaps seeking a second opinion from someone who is not affiliated with the team should become more routine.

The team medical staff might not always be acting in the best interest of the player, but rather in the best interest of the team, ie what is the best way to get this player back on the field for this season as quickly as possible, despite what the consequences might be for re-injury or long term health.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Don't worry Ice-Cream, everyone knows that injuries don't matter, unless it's the Yankees. LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

When you actually lookatwhattheywent on the DL for most can not be directed at the medical staff. Broken arms, thumbs, ribs from collisions, or seperated soulders. Heck even most pulled muscles and the ike have nothing o do with the med staff. The things tha maybe a med staff issue is when a guy ends up with TJ surgery.

How long a guy is out is a combination of the player, med staff/FO, players DR and Agent.

Not saying they have been geat ut throwing a blanket over all DL lists and saying the med staff suks is totally untrue.

This will all change under the "BIG O's"  OBAMA-CARE  !!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

While I do think our medical staff needed an overhaul, they did have a few succeses like the Pedro call.

Also, our GM has to take some of the blame by acquiring injury prone or aging players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

looks like Ben agrees with me that the medical staff was lousy....it has been revamped...

http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2013/02/boston_red_sox_spring_training_4.html#incart_river

as always 100% correct

The medical staff and certain privledged players have been an issue for quite some time.  I'm glad our FO continues to look into fixing things.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

In response to georom4's comment:

as always 100% correct

The medical staff and certain privledged players have been an issue for quite some time.  I'm glad our FO continues to look into fixing things.

It's the FO that gave the privledges and hired the medical staff in the first place.

It's the same FO now.

Are you so sure they are actually "fixing things" just by making a change?