Memo to "Ells" Lovers: Put up or Shut up!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Memo to "Ells" Lovers: Put up or Shut up!

Specifically, how many years and how mutch do you offer the Red Sox resident pretzel?  He's down to 1 to 1.5 years left before FA years.

And stop the nonsense about dealing Crawford for Zito!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Memo to "Ells" Lovers: Put up or Shut up!

What was the topic of the thread?

If you are going to drive-by drivel troll, at least utilize the reading skills of those at the homeless shelter you work. They will read the title of this thread and pass it on to you in a way that someone who is stupid might be able to understand.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

and on another note, Jed Lowrie has 12 Home Runs and hasn't got hurt yet !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In Response to Re: Memo to "Ells" Lovers: Put up or Shut up!:
    [QUOTE]Ells will not be back here after 2013. Even if we offer slightly more than the highest bid, he will walk. To me, this is a near given. That being said, trading him at the deadline or this winter makes a lot more sense to me than geting 1.5 years out him and a couple of comp picks if he rates as a type-A. Trading him for another MLB player is not likely. The team that would trade for Ellsbury would be doing so in hopes that he would "put them over the top" in improving their chances to make the playoffs or win a ring. The team trading for him will realize that chances at extending him are remote. With BorA$$ as his agent, we all know how that goes. Trading him this season or this winter allows the team getting him to get the draft picks if he walks. If they wait until the next deadline (2013), the draft picks are lost (new rules). Therefore, Ellsbury's trade value is highest before next season begins. There is a chance we could trade Ellsbury this year as part of a 3-way deal by sending Ells to a contender, the contender sending prospects to the 3rd team, and the 3rd team sending us a useful ML piece (most likely a starting pitcher under team control for more than just this year). Back to the question: assuming Ellsbury stays here until his contract expires, and nothing new has turned Ellsbury off to staying in Boston, I'd offer Ellsbury a deal that surely he would not accept.  Not knowing what he will do before now and the end of 2013, I'd offer an extension right now of  $75M/5 (2014 to 2018). He would turn 35 during the last contract year. This may seem low to most of you, and way to high to softy, but I am subtracting the value of the comp draft picks from my offer. My guess is, unless he does poorly from here to the end of 2013, he will get $105 to 120M/7. As I mentioned at the CC signing, the Crawford deal will "cripple us for 7 years", and we may see this statement come to fruition when Ellsbury walks.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Do you always think crookedly, or just talk and write that way. But, I guess some fools like me (no fool like an old fool) will click the wrong key by mistake, and actually read it!