Memo to Detroit Clubhouse: Red Sox Call Miguel Cabrera a Hobbled Slap Hitter

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Memo to Detroit Clubhouse: Red Sox Call Miguel Cabrera a Hobbled Slap Hitter

You need help for your compulsion to start threads about the same thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Memo to Detroit Clubhouse: Red Sox Call Miguel Cabrera a Hobbled Slap Hitter

In other words, the Detroit series will be tougher than the Rays.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Maybe next March we can ask you in NCAA basketball teams wil face a tougher opponent at every round they advance too?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

He's got a .686 OPS in the post season. and a .729 OPS the last month of the year.

Yes I understand hitters can have slumps, but Miggy is also injured.

a player can break out of a slump at any at-bat, but he can't break out of an injury induced slump if he isn't 100%

The fact that he's hit one HR is pointless, so now he's had TWO, and not ONE HR since AUGUST. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Pitch away to Cabrera.  If he walks, then so be it.    LOL

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

Apparently it's all about the homers, so David Ortiz is twice as good a hitter as Cabrera this postseason.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The Rays aren't so pitiful when you stop and consider their payroll, which is $100 million dollars less than Boston's.

Detroit is a force. Not a farce. They were among the preseason favorites, cruised in a weak division , stimpled and almost fell to the "Moneyball" darlings.

I don't take Detroit lightly. I don't think this is going to be easy. I am just glad the Tampa Bay Rays didn't embarass us. It will be no embarassment to lose to a team with Verlander, Scherzer , Fielder, Cabrera and Peralta. This team is no joke. They can match us in offense and pitching and their manager has loads of postseason experience.

...and it won't get any easier if we get past them. Cards and L.A. are no joke either.

I think this year's final four truly is the cream of the crop and any one can pull it off.

I like our chances, but wouldn't mind a little luck...it may come down to that. Detroit got some luck when a fan reached out and impeded our old friend,the Oakland Rightfielder from making a leaping catch in game 4.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

True, except I don't think the Red Sox are one of the title contenders. The title will come from Cardinals or Dodgers or Tigers. I hope I'm wrong and the luck factor you speak of is the difference maker in what now is a field with no lightweights.

[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahaha.  You do see the humor in that?  The character-based comedy?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

When players play hurt, they are not 100%.

Yes Miggy could hit another HR, heck he could hit 2.

But when you weigh what he has done lately with the fact that he is injured it is obvious that it has had an affect on his play.  So my point was and it still stands, a Miggy that is not 100% is going to help the Red Sox.

The chance for Miggy to make a big difference in this series is lower than it would be if he was healthy.

That is not a terribly complex idea to grasp, so do try to pay attention and keep up here.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes Miggy could hit another HR, heck he could hit 2.

Heck, maybe even 3, before the WS is over. 

[/QUOTE]

sure why not....maybe even 8!!!!

point is....you missed the point. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"In other words, the Detroit series will be tougher than the Rays.

Thank you Captain Obvious."

LMFAO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The chance for Miggy to make a big difference in this series is lower than it would be if he was healthy."

Don't forget softy loves his big boppers though! If he could get Manny Ramirez suited up for the Red Sox and jacked up with steroid junk he would

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

As a Red Sox fan, I disagree and say to let playing, not words, decide the 2013 ALCS competition. No reason to give motivation to the Tigers, who I'm sure already carry a big chip of motivation and being declared the underdog because:

A. They couldn't lineup thier starting pitching because of 5 game series @ A's

B. They don't have home field advantage

C. They don't have the speed the Red Sox have

D. They don't have the batting and pitching lineup depth the Red Sox have

E. Miggy is a hobbled slap hitter

F. Verlander is only 85%

Tigers surely will feel the motivation to beat the media darlings of the ALCS, the Boston Red Sox. No media or general baseball fan respect for the 4-3 season series winning Tigers, despite losing Cabrera for the last 3 in Boston. 

The Rays made me laugh because of how pitiful they were. As a Red Sox fan, I'm worried about the lack of respect for the Tigers. No reason to talk series win and mess with a hobbled bear by calling him a "hobbled slap hitter".

[/QUOTE]

Source?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Mark Feinsand 7m
    Clay Buchholz doesn't think Miguel Cabrera's health will hinder him at all. "He can still hit any pitch that you throw," Buchholz said.

Is that what Softy is referring to?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mark Feinsand 7m
    Clay Buchholz doesn't think Miguel Cabrera's health will hinder him at all. "He can still hit any pitch that you throw," Buchholz said.

[/QUOTE]

No Red Sox player would have ever said something like what softbrain is claiming, Just consider the OP source and move on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I recall a comment or comments from a sports writer or maybe just a fellow poster that they felt the Rays series would be our world series. The inference, of course, is that they would be our toughest team. I made bit of sense to me as Moore & Price seemed to always quiet our bats & the team, although we have a better offense, was able to scratch some hit/runs together to beat us. They have been a nemisis the past few years as has been Baltimore, even more than the hated Yankees. If we had lost to them, I'd been as sick for a year or two as I was when the Celtics lost to the Lakers a couple of years ago when they had a 13 pt lead in the 3rd Qtr but foul shots were 41 to 18 for LA. ( you may not relate to this if you are not a Celtic fan). I felt sick too with Pats losing to Giants 2 years in a row & then to the Ravens and as a 49er fan they beat us too.  What I'm saying is that now we are past the Rays, whatever we do going forward will be welcomed and , yup, I want a title too but if we don't make it, I'll still be proud of our team's performance this year.

I wanted the A's to win for the only reason, I didn't think they'd be easier, but so I could go to a couple of games in Oakland. Now LA lost the first game & I want them to win so I can go to tinseltown & watch us , hopefully, humiliate Carl Crawford.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

I would love to have Cabrera playing 3 B tonight for the Sox and batting before or after Ortiz. I like WMB and Xander but to have, even an injured Cabrera in your lineup, has positive results written all over it.

That's a dangerous lineup playing at Fenway 1-6. Jackson, Hunter, Cab, Fielder, VMart,Perralta.

The Sox 1-6--I like our 1-4: Ells, Vic, Pedroia, Ortiz,(-Nap?, Salty?)--would  like Nava and Drew then  Nap, Salty and WMB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mark Feinsand 7m

[/QUOTE]

No Red Sox player would have ever said something like what softbrain is claiming, Just consider the OP source and move on.

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that Softy made all that up?  That he lied about it?

I'm shocked!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would love to have Cabrera playing 3 B tonight for the Sox and batting before or after Ortiz. I like WMB and Xander but to have, even an injured Cabrera in your lineup, has positive results written all over it.

That's a dangerous lineup playing at Fenway 1-6. Jackson, Hunter, Cab, Fielder, VMart,Perralta.

The Sox 1-6--I like our 1-4: Ells, Vic, Pedroia, Ortiz,(-Nap?, Salty?)--would  like Nava and Drew then  Nap, Salty and WMB.

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Detroit will ever realize their best lineup means benching Martinez and moving Cabrera and Fielder to a 1B/DH situtation.   They might be smart to make that move now while they still have Peralta to plug in at 3B....