Memo to Ellsbury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Memo to Ellsbury

There is a bat in your hands.................

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Road-Warrior. Show Road-Warrior's posts

Re: Memo to Ellsbury

In Response to Memo to Ellsbury:
    [QUOTE]There is a bat in your hands.................
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

U are soooooo smart.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Unfair to single out Drew, as Ellsbury likes to do a lot of standing there, himself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Some days BaseballGM is downright laughable.  Drew excels in non-production and has done so for four years with the Sox.  Ellsbury currently leads the team in runs scored with 16 and is 3d in rbi's with 14 and just one behind the leaders, Youk and Gonzalez.  Drew has scored 9 runs and batted in 5.  Oh, and Drew is paid 20 times as much as Ellsbury. 

I too was disgusted when Ellsbury left his bat on his shoulder in the 9th last night, but that pales in comparison to watching Youk regularly and consistently strike out with a man on third and one or no outs.  He's done it at least three times this season. 

Oh, and I actually like Drew, a good all around player who just happens not to have what it takes to excel in Boston.  Ellsbury, on the other hand, does have that potential.  In 2009 he hit .300, led the Sox in hits, and led MLB in SBs.  Drew doesn't play often enough or well enough to lead anybody in anything.  His max rbi's in four seasons in Boston is 68, and this year he is headed toward half of that.  Cameron subbed for him last night and hit 2 dingers--with half as many at bats, he has one less rbi than Drew. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

who just happens not to have what it takes to excel in Boston.  Ellsbury, on the other hand, does have that potential. 

I think he had what it takes in 2007. As for Ellsbury, you have to joking if you think he'll ever be the kind of quality career MLB that Drew is. Dream on. Ellsbury was demoted from leadoff already, for swinging for the fences and not getting on base. His OBP is still very low for a leadoff hitter. As for hitting totals in April, Ortiz his about zero a year ago in April. Get real.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

"Drew doesn't play often enough or well enough to lead anybody in anything."

I concur.

If he plays everyday he gets nagging injuries that keep him sidelined. In order to keep him healthy he needs to "rest" 2 or 3 times a week. 

A classic "no win" situation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Unfair to single out Drew...

This from the guy who spends hours singling out Sox player after Soxplayer after Sox player.

1) Jake
    2) Wake
    3) Jed
    4) Tek
    5) Slackey
    6) Fat Josh
    7) Jenks
    8) Salty
    9) Scutty
    10) Tito
    11) Theo

12) Hermy 
    13) Mikey
    14) Cash

I'm sure I am forgetting some...

Players softy...eh hem...I mean GM goes out of his way to defend:
    1) Lugo
    2) Crisp
    3) Oki
    4) Dice-K
    5) Drew
    6) Cam
    7) Papi vs lefties
    8) VMart as defensive/game-calling catcher or "top tier" hitting 1B/DH.
    9) Kotchman over Beltre
    10) Nick Johnson over Beltre
    (then said he was "the leader" on Beltre!)

Memo to softy: you're alter ego is doing something many felt was impossible: he is outabsurding even you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Drew had two very good years, 2004 and 2006, and one great contract--$70 million with the Sox.  But his body of work, while decent, has been held back by all those injuries.  He was an asset in 2007 when the Sox won the WS, but Ramirez, Ortiz, Youkilis, Pedroia, and especially Mike Lowell were all more valuable--to say nothing of that pitching staff. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Wow GM!

You are honestly obsessed with Els.  I can't for the life of me figure out what you see that MOST of us don't.  You seriously can't see the kids bat speed & plate coverage?  I will agree that he's been watching too many strike 3's early this season, but that is highly uncharacteristic of Els.  I think what the coaches have been asking him to do, i.e. more patience & discipline at the plate, has gotten into his head a bit.  Hence, the SO's.  Is his arm a bit weak?  OK, but his legs make up for it!

This kid is completely ready to "break out!"  If you can't see that, I don't know what you're smoking?

I think you just say nutty things for fun?????  :)

If so, knock yourself out.  Can't you see nobody takes you seriously anymore!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Memo to BaseballGM:

There is a bat in your belfry .............

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

So, since 2007, he's been just about to "break out". His current BA and OBP aren't impressive, nor is his career leading off an inning OBP. People love this guy, adulating a guy who is so inferior to Drew's baseball talent it's not even worth discussing.

Slav, Softlaw had to be a smart guy because you spend so much time talking about him. Of course, when contrasted to you, even an idiot would like a genius. You are the only person stupid enough to rant on and on about Ortiz sitting v. LHP and then quietly pretend you'll admit you're wrong when the sample is bigger. You are the only person who assigns "steady decline" to many others but not fat Wakfield.

"The kid is completely read to break out, if you can't see that".  Yea, right, and Wakefield is about ready to break out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I guess I was wrong!  GM hops on the memo to J.D. Drew & starts bashing Els.

You don't do it for $h!ts & giggles.  You truly are obsessed!  I guess you like sounding foolish.  Especially since Els. is in the middle of breaking out!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbev97. Show kbev97's posts

Dirtdog, you didn't like being told to ignore some posters in here. Please continue to allow GM / Softlaw to test your patience. It's your time and effort that you are wasting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

"in the middle of breaking out", oh really. Is it the end of the middle, or the middle of the end.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

I sure hope they soon take Gm, Softy, off the big league drugs. It is really sad to watch him set his own azz on fire day in and day out. I heard the Betty Ford has open rooms. Please soft one take the room they can help you. I will send you pretzels if your a good boy!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Memo to Ellsbury:
    [QUOTE]"Drew doesn't play often enough or well enough to lead anybody in anything." I concur. If he plays everyday he gets nagging injuries that keep him sidelined. In order to keep him healthy he needs to "rest" 2 or 3 times a week.  A classic "no win" situation.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

In case you didn't notice Drew played in 139 games last year and 137 the year before, but I guess that's not playing enough for some folks. For a player who needs rest 2-3 times a week I'm curious as to how you think he gets into 140 games a year over four of the last five seasons.  

In his first three years Drew averaged 80RBIs and over 80Runs per year, and if he got paid less money you people would love the guy. Stop ragging on a decent Right Fielder.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memo to Ellsbury : In case you didn't notice Drew played in 139 games last year and 137 the year before, but I guess that's not playing enough for some folks. For a player who needs rest 2-3 times a week I'm curious as to how you think he gets into 140 games a year over four of the last five seasons.   In his first three years Drew averaged 80RBIs and over 80Runs per year, and if he got paid less money you people would love the guy. Stop ragging on a decent Right Fielder.
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

Pete, the "bash Drew crowd" doesn't listen or honor such facts. They are intent to do their thing here and at WEEI talk radio. The only solution is to not take them seriously or put them on ignore. Many already ignore them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No fan of Drew but I always thought Tito bounced him around too much. Leading-off last season or batting 2nd on a regular basis might have helped Drew ... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

[QUOTE]who just happens not to have what it takes to excel in Boston.  Ellsbury, on the other hand, does have that potential.   I think he had what it takes in 2007. As for Ellsbury, you have to joking if you think he'll ever be the kind of quality career MLB that Drew is. Dream on. Ellsbury was demoted from leadoff already, for swinging for the fences and not getting on base. His OBP is still very low for a leadoff hitter. As for hitting totals in April, Ortiz his about zero a year ago in April. Get real.
    Wait, are you talking about Drew or Ellsbury? Because Drew was also demoted from the lead-off spot and his OBP is even lower than Ellsbury's. Idiot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

yea, ells  295 and lowrie 333 go back to sleep softyTongue out

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I'd love to see Drew have more RBIs but it's never going to happen. It is what it is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

This is truly laughable...as always..what was Ells, 3-4 today with a17-game hitting streak going  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Hey GM??????????????

Huh???

Say what????

Boston Red Sox
    PlayerABRHRBITBBBKAVGOBPSLG
    J. Ellsbury, CF5130400.295.350.473
    D. Pedroia, 2B4110110.236.351.315
    A. Gonzalez, 1B5232601.314.369.504
    K. Youkilis, 3B4421300.257.406.495
    D. Ortiz, DH4020200.292.382.451
    J. Drew, RF4012100.227.346.352
    J. Lowrie, SS4012200.333.362.515
      J. Iglesias, SS0000000---
    C. Crawford, LF4110301.211.252.297
    J. Varitek, C4001001.128.226.170
    Totals3891482213--

Keep hangin in there big guy!  I'm sure if you wait long enough, they'll go into a slump & you can come back & say "I TOLD YA SO!"

You know you will.......  :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]"in the middle of breaking out", oh really. Is it the end of the middle, or the middle of the end.

Softy, you keep moving the goalposts.  When Ells was struggling, you were bashing him for struggling.  Now that he is not, you revert to quotes about the OPB, etc.  It will, of course, take time for those numbers to rise because he struggled early.  However, even you have to admit that this has been a good stretch and if these type of numbers continue, he will be an effective leadoff hitter.  Would you agree?