MEMO TO THEO & TITO.... TIME TO PLUG JOSH REDDICK IN.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO.... TIME TO PLUG JOSH REDDICK IN.......

Why not seriously consider releasing JD Drew and paying his entire salary for 2011?  You could then plug that position with any minor league OF and instantly upgrade.  You could also get a partial year under their belt so that if things work out, they can be good to go for next season.  Reddick is the guy right now simply because Kalish is hurt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No point in releasing him... he is still a solid defender and he may eventually have some sort of offensive surge.... if he is going to get paid either way than just keep him but start a platoon immediately.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I've always been part of the pro Drew camp, as I haven't just looked at his 14 million dollar salary but at his OPS, OBP and his defense........but even a Drew supporter canno't deny he is starting to slip.  Everyone loses it at some point in their career some slow down sooner than others and some faster.  J.D. Drew is 36 years old (I believe)  and while I've always defended what he has done for this team what he does is, well, slipping.  His defense is still an asset but Reddick I feel can be just as good defensively.

One of the reasons why J.D. Drew has such great numbers as the ones we have read in the Peter Abraham thread is because we compare him to just RF and not  all outfielders and by those standards if Reddick can use his newfound plate discipline to produce a respectable MLB OBP% well then he can be pretty much a younger more durable J.D. Drew.........and considering he's not getting paid 14 million a year I'm sure he will become more popular with the fans as well.

I know some feel Drew will get hot and have one last streak, you may be right but just ain't feeling it.  I think there is nothing to lose by giving Reddick substantial playing time.  He doesn't have to be the fulltime starter, by he should get his atbats in if he is going to stay here in Boston. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think he needs a little more time at Pawtucket.  He batted 266 last year and was batting 230 this year.  He has a lot of Ks.

The Sox are playing well with what they have.  No need to throw a kid that was a struggling in AAA into a pennant race.

Spending a few more months in AAA will make him a better player in the majors.

No reason to rush him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

let's see; 7 million for cameron this year; 14 million for drew this year.
    simple math: 21 million dollars for nothing. nice job theo!
    no other team will take either one in a trade. theo gets a lot of those kind of players.
    the money john henry would have to eat to get rid of both of them at this time is roughly 12 million dollars.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO.... TIME TO PLUG JOSH REDDICK IN.......:
    [QUOTE]let's see; 7 million for cameron this year; 14 million for drew this year. simple math: 21 million dollars for nothing. nice job theo! no other team will take either one in a trade. theo gets a lot of those kind of players. the money john henry would have to eat to get rid of both of them at this time is roughly 12 million dollars.
    Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]  "LET ME BE CLEAR",    I THINK IT IS LESS AS "THE BIG O" CONTINUES TO FORCE THE VALUE OF A $ DOWN !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Re: MEMO TO THEO & TITO.... TIME TO PLUG JOSH REDDICK IN.......:
    [QUOTE]I think he needs a little more time at Pawtucket.  He batted 266 last year and was batting 230 this year.  He has a lot of Ks. The Sox are playing well with what they have.  No need to throw a kid that was a struggling in AAA into a pennant race. Spending a few more months in AAA will make him a better player in the majors. No reason to rush him.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

His power numbers still look very good, and his OBP has actually gone up this year because his plate discipline has been better.  It's something he has really worked on this year and once he gets even better at finding his pitch I'm sure his AVG will improve.  He's also on a tear right now, if he starts to struggle we can always bring him back to Pawtucket, and hopefully by then Kalish may be ready for some playing time in RF.

In the absence of a RH outfielder acquired in a trade, I think Kalish/Reddick deserve playing time out there this year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

jesus is a sox fan.

too bad he's not sox's GM.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

HA! everyone would want to play for the Sox then too, and I bet we could sign them for a lot less.