Message from BDC DOTTIE specifically meant 4 posters like 2004Idiots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Message from BDC DOTTIE specifically meant 4 posters like 2004Idiots

"Hey folks, a heads up that we can't allow you to post entire, or significant parts of, articles from other websites. It violates their copyright.

You can post a short excerpt -- say the first paragraph or a summary paragraph -- and then add a link to the full article on the orginal site.

It's the rules of the game in our business, and we want to respect the rights of other sites, just as they respect ours. Thanks."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Message from BDC DOTTIE specifically meant 4 TOOLS like 2004Idiots

I suppose some of you don't care or are are not bothered by a single poster starting 5 threads per day.... and trying to dominate the board on a whole.  

2/3 of the culprits are in direct copyright violation...

Maybe I have nothing better to do 6 hours a day but I won't let it be...

Go Sox!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

At least 2004idiots's links work. Yours doesn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

RULES  !!!!!   I TOLD YOU ALL ABOUT "REGULATION NATION" A WHILE AGO !!!    THE SOC/RADS/LEFT/LIBERAL/MOONBATS  ARE TAKING OVER !!   WHAT WOULD MY DAD SAY ?????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Message from BDC DOTTIE specifically meant 4 TOOLS like 2004Idiots:
    [QUOTE]I suppose some of you don't care or are are not bothered by a single poster starting 5 threads per day.... and trying to dominate the board on a whole.   2/3 of the culprits are in direct copyright violation... Maybe I have nothing better to do 6 hours a day but I won't let it be... Go Sox!
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree. I am tired of ADG starting too so many threads.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Are you against copyright infringement or are you against the forum becoming more informed?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

And to think I had 2004Idiots as a 5 tool player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

gee I am not sure.... does beating a dead horse make us more informed? Is there only one forum member listening to WEEI right now?  If we have 3 threads already on the same subject do we really need a 4th, and just because that poster deems himself more important over the rest? Sound familiar?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Message from BDC DOTTIE specifically meant 4 TOOLS like 2004Idiots:
    [QUOTE]gee I am not sure.... does beating a dead horse make us more informed? Is there only one forum member listening to WEEI right now?  If we have 3 threads already on the same subject do we really need a 4th, and just because that poster deems himself more important over the rest? Sound familiar?

Duplicative threads since 2007:

Drew                2265
    Theo                3876
    Tito                 1975
    Ellsbury            1722
    Manny             1598
    Henry                658                 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

point? Do you need 7 threads by one poster per day? do you need repetitive subject matter presented on several threads?

I will be more blunt: Do you endorse copyright violation?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

BDC Dottie did say at one time that it is OK to post articles in full or links to Globe articles. She frowned upon doing such from outside sources.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes. Such is the constant violation of the accused 2004Idiots. He mixes in Globe articles to water down the copyright violations.

"Hey folks, a heads up that we can't allow you to post entire, or significant parts of, articles from other websites. It violates their copyright.

You can post a short excerpt -- say the first paragraph or a summary paragraph -- and then add a link to the full article on the orginal site.

It's the rules of the game in our business, and we want to respect the rights of other sites, just as they respect ours. Thanks."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]BDC Dottie did say at one time that it is OK to post articles in full or links to Globe articles. She frowned upon doing such from outside sources.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Really? Where did she say that?
    Copyright infringement applies to the Globe.

It's obvious you and others bring articles that serve to create controvercy on to this board. It's patronizing more than anything else. The posters here can actually read and believe it or not, they go to other sites for additional info.

Beyond the plain statement by BDC Dottie, 2004 Idiots (who has supplanted EdithBunker's activities) does everything possible to continue polluting this board referencing the same poisonous barbs that suffocate the aftermath of the collapse.

The board is not being informed. It's being mesmerized with similar jargon. Poster Edith Bunker was called out for this same obsession last year and after going on a personal rant, finally owned up to it. I sincerely hope 2004idiots will do the same and begin to realize it's not benefiting the board by any means.

Many posters have had enough and desire moving on to a 2012 outlook.
    If push comes to shove, BDC will have to act against the culprits who are guilty of copyright infringement. Any media source around the country is fair game otherwise, and I doubt BDC would put themselves at such risk.

There are other ways for posters to bring attention to themselves. Try streaking.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I am almost 100% sure that Dottie said that posting articles written by Globe staff onto a Globe forum was permissable and not subject to copyright infringement.

It is apparent to me that many forum participants never bother to read the Globe Red Sox page prior to arriving here. It seems that they have a bookmark that brings them to the forum directly. I have no problem in that case with EdithBunker or 2004Idiots providing those types with the Globe columns that they bypassed on their way into here.

The columns are indeed opinionated and controversial since that is what columnists are paid to do. The columns also contain information. I like a forum that is informed. The Hohler column was a must read. The interviews of Pedroia, Lester, Varitek, and Bucholz were also "must reads". However one must read the entire columns and not just the headlines. The audio interviews of John Henry and Adrian Gonzalez were very enlightening also. After digesting all of that it is like being on a jury and hearing the prosecution and defense sides of the case. The case is not closed as more truth will be coming. The forum regulars can sift through all of the evidence and decide for themselves the reasons for the Red Sox collapse in September.

Some posters can see that the collapse was a team effort and others will need to evolve through ten rounds of scapegoating throughout the winter. Since the forum is and always was about debate, arguing, cat fights, and ego maintainance - then this collapse and media circus is exactly what the doctor ordered. I am sure that the Globe is benefiting greatly from it. The radio talk shows are buzzing like a disturbed hornet's nest.

Let the forum speed up like a lawnmower that is running out of gas and let everyone exhaust their hatred, trolling, ego defense, and armchair superiority - and then listen to the quiet aftermath. Then perhaps there will be constructive talk about next year. No more Drew, Theo, and Tito. It promises to be a better forum in the long run.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

A "better forum in the long run" ..... I didn't know you were leaving. Great news. Take care now, enjoy whatever road your heading out on. Bye bye.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]A "better forum in the long run" ..... I didn't know you were leaving. Great news. Take care now, enjoy whatever road your heading out on. Bye bye.

I'll be stowing away on a slow boat to Cambodia soon. It should take me about 65 days to get there. Can you get me ten pounds of frozen cocker spaniel, fifteen pounds of doberman, and eight pounds of greyhound ribs? I would be most appreciative. Can I buy a large crockpot over there to cook with?  I'll be e-mailing you my address later.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Posters like 2004Idiots are not starting threads and posting articles to inform anyone. They clearly have their own agenda, and their own point of view and that's what they're pushing. How many threads does it take to let everyone know what they think about Beckett, Lester and Lackey? Was comparing them to the three stooges informing anyone? Since drinking in clubhouses has been going on all over MLB for years, on winning and losing teams, it doesn't exactly seem like the reason for anything. There really is a clear agenda being served here.

I also find it odd that "Sox fans" are so determined to fill a Sox board with negative posts. Maybe it's just me.

Btw, I don't ever remember having to be at my job on my days off, nevermind having people tell me what I can do on them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I am almost 100% sure that Dottie said that posting articles written by Globe staff onto a Globe forum was permissable and not subject to copyright infringement.

I never saw it. I find her most recent statement perplexing if she's changing her position, as I've never known BDC to do that.

It is apparent to me that many forum participants never bother to read the Globe Red Sox page prior to arriving here. It seems that they have a bookmark that brings them to the forum directly.

The point is, constant rhetoric about who did what with little proof serves the feeding frenzy, but it misinforms more than informs.

I have no problem in that case with EdithBunker or 2004Idiots providing those types with the Globe columns that they bypassed on their way into here.   The columns are indeed opinionated and controversial since that is what columnists are paid to do. The columns also contain information. I like a forum that is informed. The Hohler column was a must read.

If you consider the Hohler column a must read, then I have to question your standards. It was blasted by posters, players and writers. Nobody granted him an interview. It was a collection of previously written statements from his fellow hack writers. It was a perfect example of shoddy journalism that served to pour gas on the dwindling flames.

The interviews of Pedroia, Lester, Varitek, and Bucholz were also "must reads". However one must read the entire columns and not just the headlines. The audio interviews of John Henry and Adrian Gonzalez were very enlightening also. After digesting all of that it is like being on a jury and hearing the prosecution and defense sides of the case. The case is not closed as more truth will be coming. The forum regulars can sift through all of the evidence and decide for themselves the reasons for the Red Sox collapse in September. Some posters can see that the collapse was a team effort and others will need to evolve through ten rounds of scapegoating throughout the winter. Since the forum is and always was about debate, arguing, cat fights, and ego maintainance - then this collapse and media circus is exactly what the doctor ordered. I am sure that the Globe is benefiting greatly from it. The radio talk shows are buzzing like a disturbed hornet's nest.

Perhaps from UR doctor, but it's plain enough from the recent sentiment on this board - it's time to move on.

Let the forum speed up like a lawnmower that is running out of gas and let everyone exhaust their hatred, trolling, ego defense, and armchair superiority - and then listen to the quiet aftermath. Then perhaps there will be constructive talk about next year. No more Drew, Theo, and Tito. It promises to be a better forum in the long run.
    Posted by UticaClub

You've had a forum death wish for years. It still remains. And the point of this thread is to expose copyright infringement from the activity of those involved.
    BDC Dottie's statement serves as a notice.

Don't claim that you and 2004idiots haven't been warned.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Most of 2004Idiots seemed to be just the article or a link. Maybe I missed those that were editorial. Of course, ten minutes later the threads were filled with posters who had their own agenda and normal rants. The forum is so negative these days that any thread is going to turn into a Red Sox bashfest in minutes. You could start a thread about tomorrow's weather report and in minutes posters would be discussing fried chicken, video games, and Bud Light in the clubhouse. At least the interviews of Lester, Varitek, and Bucholz saw the light of day for a few minutes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Most of 2004Idiots seemed to be just the article or a link. Maybe I missed those that were editorial. Of course, ten minutes later the threads were filled with posters who had their own agenda and normal rants. The forum is so negative these days that any thread is going to turn into a Red Sox bashfest in minutes. You could start a thread about tomorrow's weather report and in minutes posters would be discussing fried chicken, video games, and Bud Light in the clubhouse. At least the interviews of Lester, Varitek, and Bucholz saw the light of day for a few minutes. --- UticaClub
    ------------------------------------------------------------

I have no problem with the players' interviews as they should be able to defend themselves. It's all the bashing of the players over and over on multiple threads by the same posters. Any negative article they could find they just put it up. And, yes, they also mixed in editorial threads basically doing the same thing. Who needs that?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Message from BDC DOTTIE specifically meant 4 TOOLS like 2004Idiots : I'll be stowing away on a slow boat to Cambodia soon. It should take me about 65 days to get there. Can you get me ten pounds of frozen cocker spaniel, fifteen pounds of doberman, and eight pounds of greyhound ribs? I would be most appreciative. Can I buy a large crockpot over there to cook with?  I'll be e-mailing you my address later.

You'll find a renegade Red Sox fan there posting among a remote tribe of Cambodian converts. 

He won them over by clothing them with surplus "Red Sox 2003 World Series Champions!" t-shirts and pink caps. 

He has recently riled up his loyal clan in an International witch hunt to discover which 2011 Red Sox players ate Popeye chicken and drank beer in the clubhouse during games.  He has also revised baseball history for them by editing out all Big Papi walkoff moments from available post-season achives.

Your mission, Special Operations Officer Captain Uticaclub, is to eliminate this stray officer, Special Operations Officer Burritot, from the bdc forum and reeducate the tribe as to the importance of David Ortiz and the relevant pitch-calling role of Jason Varitek in bringing about the Reverse of the Curse in 2004.  This will also include updating the local population about the modern role of set-up relief pitchers in shortening the game and managing starting pitchers' pitch counts. 

Said target is a very dangerous and unstable character.  Good luck with your mission!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Message from BDC DOTTIE specifically meant 4 TOOLS like 2004Idiots : I'll be stowing away on a slow boat to Cambodia soon. It should take me about 65 days to get there. Can you get me ten pounds of frozen cocker spaniel, fifteen pounds of doberman, and eight pounds of greyhound ribs? I would be most appreciative. Can I buy a large crockpot over there to cook with?  I'll be e-mailing you my address later.

That's one of the worst posts I've ever seen. And I've seen some pretty bad ones.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]Most of 2004Idiots seemed to be just the article or a link. Maybe I missed those that were editorial. Of course, ten minutes later the threads were filled with posters who had their own agenda and normal rants. The forum is so negative these days that any thread is going to turn into a Red Sox bashfest in minutes. You could start a thread about tomorrow's weather reportand in minutes posters would be discussing fried chicken, video games, and Bud Light in the clubhouse. At least the interviews of Lester, Varitek, and Bucholz saw the light of day for a few minutes.

Just in case UticaClub deletes this post, which I maintain for posterity. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I need to give MacGyver a call and replenish my supply of duct tape and pen knives. Pete Thornton says to forget about the slow boat since the Phoenix Foundation will have a private jet waiting for us in the morning. We will try to accomplish said mission with haste before the pitchers and catchers report in late February.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Most of 2004Idiots seemed to be just the article or a link. Maybe I missed those that were editorial. Of course, ten minutes later the threads were filled with posters who had their own agenda and normal rants. The forum is so negative these days that any thread is going to turn into a Red Sox bashfest in minutes. You could start a thread about tomorrow's weather report and in minutes posters would be discussing fried chicken, video games, and Bud Light in the clubhouse. At least the interviews of Lester, Varitek, and Bucholz saw the light of day for a few minutes.

I suggest you look back at his threads over the last week.