Mike Carp,do the sox claim him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Mike Carp,do the sox claim him?

A name that has been bantied about in the possible b/u's for the 1rst base position.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Mike Carp,do the sox claim him?

If he can be sent to AAA for now.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Unfortunately he's out of options. He's a 20 HR potential guy and fits the need 1 b, LF, LH bat with power. The Sox will run into problems if Papi and /or Nap can't answer the bell; Carp has been rumored for a while.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox have Overbay.  I don't think Sox getting involved seriously.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Carp > Overbay

Sox wpuld be third or fourtin line for a waiver claim, depending if Houston is considered AL or NL right now...

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

If he costs near zero and can be sent to minors at anytime. So, no, the Sox should not claim him.

What?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Since Carp was DFA'd, he is still with the Mariners, pending re-assignment, trade or waivers.

The Sox would need to trade for him at this point, but the return should be a mid-tier prospect if they do want this kid.

Keep in mind they'd have to add him to the 40 man roster here which means someone else would be DFA'd on our side or sent to the Mariners in the trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Since Carp was DFA'd, he is still with the Mariners, pending re-assignment, trade or waivers.

The Sox would need to trade for him at this point, but the return should be a mid-tier prospect if they do want this kid.

Keep in mind they'd have to add him to the 40 man roster here which means someone else would be DFA'd on our side or sent to the Mariners in the trade.

I think if Sox make trade for Carp, Sox will simply put Kalish on 60 DLs thus creating an open spot for Carp. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If he costs near zero and can be sent to minors at anytime. So, no, the Sox should not claim him.

What?

I guess he makes sense to himself.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Mariners would be unlikely to take back in trade a player who needs to be placed on the 40-man roster. Mike Carp was DFA'd only to make room for lefthander Joe Saunders on Seattle's 40-man roster (and because Carp is out of options).

Seattle might be interested in a player such as Boston outfield prospects Keury de la Cruz and Manual Margot, who would not need to be placed on the 40-man roster.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Stay away from Carp unless he becomes an unrestricted FA and agrees to a minor league contract. He's out of options and is set for the arbitration clock. As bad as the Mariners are, they know what they are doing when they decided to take out their recent trash.

Or it could do with the fact they have two 1bmen already. He isn't becoming a FA, 1 because he will be demoted to AAA if he clears, and 2 he won't clear waivers. I see in that two weeks away, you still didn't become knowledgable about MLB. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

What?

I guess he makes sense to himself.

You have chosen to ignore posts from softlaw2.Show softlaw2's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

The Mariners would be unlikely to take back in trade a player who needs to be placed on the 40-man roster. Mike Carp was DFA'd only to make room for lefthander Joe Saunders on Seattle's 40-man roster (and because Carp is out of options).

Seattle might be interested in a player such as Boston outfield prospects Keury de la Cruz and Manual Margot, who would not need to be placed on the 40-man roster.

Or, Linares.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He isn't becoming a FA, 1 because he will be demoted to AAA if he clears, and 2 he won't clear waivers. I see in that two weeks away, you still didn't become knowledgable about MLB. 

I said "unless he becomes a FA".  I see making captious comments and posting blather extrapolated from Googling doesn't make you knowledgable about MLB or the merits of dumpster diving in Seattle.

Follow it through, clown. If he clears waivers, it means nobody wants hin on their 25 man roster. That doesn't mean much for your "blather" about him needing to "agree to a minor league contract" as an "unrestricted FA".

He agrees or retires. 

(BTW, Carp is still pre-arb, so his "arb clock" is not ticking yet. It might be nice to get at least even one small part of a post correct.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He isn't becoming a FA, 1 because he will be demoted to AAA if he clears, and 2 he won't clear waivers. I see in that two weeks away, you still didn't become knowledgable about MLB. 

I said "unless he becomes a FA".  I see making captious comments and posting blather extrapolated from Googling doesn't make you knowledgable about MLB or the merits of dumpster diving in Seattle.

I will tell you one 95% of things I post here comes from reading and retention. I recieved a History degree at one point of my life and is a bit of a requirement to be successful. You should try reading and retention sometime.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I will tell you one 95% of things I post here comes from reading and retention. I recieved a History degree at one point of my life and is a bit of a requirement to be successful. You should try reading and retention sometime.

He can't even remember what he wrote in a post written 5 minutes earlier, he confuses posters with others, and at times, forgets who's moniker he is writing under.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Follow it through, clown. If he clears waivers, it means nobody wants hin on their 25 man roster. That doesn't mean much for your "blather" about him needing to "agree to a minor league contract" as an "unrestricted FA".

He agrees or retires. 

(BTW, Carp is still pre-arb, so his "arb clock" is not ticking yet. It might be nice to get at least even one small part of a post correct.)

Follow it through, Stooge. I said "unless he becomes a FA and agrees to a minor league contract", and you pontificate by repeating some cut and paste narrative extrapolated from someone else from he CBA. You, of all people, trolling by and injecting an angry rant from an insecure imbedded Board shill.

Carp is out of options, has over two yeas, and is approachng the last 3 years of service arbitation, you bugaboo injecting captious stooge. The Mariners have designated him as trash. 

And your guy Overbay is what? Filet Mignon?

I didn't repeat some CBA narrative, I cut and pasted from your own jibberish. Here's an example:

"If he costs near zero and can be sent to minors at anytime. So, no, the Sox should not claim him.  "

Does this really make sense to you? Tell us just what this means. Your first sentence isn't even a sentence.

(Try and answer the question instead of responding in "captious blather".)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Why don't we just trade them Mortenson for Carp and call it a day.

25. This post has been removed.