MLB Florida Living Room New Ballparks & Empty Seats

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Re: MLB Florida Living Room New Ballparks & Empty Seats

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Miami fans were outraged because team officials had said the taxpayer-financed ballpark would ensure higher revenue and payrolls. Samson said spending reductions were necessary because 2012 attendance fell short of projections.

Despite years of competent management in FL and WS championship result, build it and they aren't coming. What a shame for the taxpayers down there.

Anyone remember that Marlins fan who was giddy about how the new living room was going to be "what was missing". I said it would fail and they would have to continue the practice of selling off the labor. I was right.

What was the screen name of that poster? Jasko or Marlin42 or something like that? I wonder rock he's crawled under. He was angry when I said people don't go to see baseball because their is a luxery living room to watch from.

The Red Sox attendance should be lower, not because of the old ballpark, but because of the poor labor choices and the embarrassing team performances.

[/QUOTE]

The sad fact is that baseball in Fla only works during spring training. Rays want a new park also. Same thing will happen as the team had the lowest average attendance in MLB. The park is not that bad. RS attendance probably decrease as you mentioned unless they have one heck of an off season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Florida is a pee-poor place to play baseball........  The mix of people just does not add up to a spirited fan base !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Florida is a pee-poor place to play baseball........  The mix of people just does not add up to a spirited fan base !!!!

[/QUOTE]

in a short reply, I respect and support your opionion. Fla is FOOTBALL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Marlins Front Office: "Jose Reyes, don't worry, even though you do not have a no-trade clause, we will never trade you."

A year later,..........

Marlins Front Office: "Reyes, you have been traded to Toronto."

LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Oh man if Tampa built a new park in the Tampa area they would never sell-out to be sure. Even though their current venue is hideous the price is right if you want to go to a game. I believe they offer free-parking or cheap parking, shuttles in from Tampa city, and very low ticket prices.

While other cities fans complain about the cost of going to a ball game or how their team has not been any good for two decades Tampa has both cheap prices and a winning team yet no fans just the same.

It would be insane to vote yes as a taxpayer to help fund the team with a new ballpark.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

Miami fans were outraged because team officials had said the taxpayer-financed ballpark would ensure higher revenue and payrolls. Samson said spending reductions were necessary because 2012 attendance fell short of projections.

Despite years of competent management in FL and WS championship result, build it and they aren't coming. What a shame for the taxpayers down there.

Anyone remember that Marlins fan who was giddy about how the new living room was going to be "what was missing". I said it would fail and they would have to continue the practice of selling off the labor. I was right.

What was the screen name of that poster? Jasko or Marlin42 or something like that? I wonder rock he's crawled under. He was angry when I said people don't go to see baseball because their is a luxery living room to watch from.

The Red Sox attendance should be lower, not because of the old ballpark, but because of the poor labor choices and the embarrassing team performances.

[/QUOTE]

BB is not a TV sport.  Nothing beats the experience of being at the park.  Miami and TB are just bad spots to put a team.  Too many transients and retirees that grew up as faans of another team.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB is not a TV sport.  Nothing beats the experience of being at the park.  Miami and TB are just bad spots to put a team.  Too many transients and retirees that grew up as faans of another team.

[/QUOTE]
    I have commented many times on other threads that I believe that both of these franchises should be moved to any area where they might have a fan base.  Although, considering that they just built a new ballpark, Miami isn't going anywhere.  It is really a shame that MLB decided to allow both of these franchises when they did.  Maybe they would be more successful in another area of Florida, possibly Orlando. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The N. Carolina would be an ideal spot for baseball...Portland Oregon would be as well...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

A MLB team would do well between Greensboro and Winston Salem, which is an easy short drive between Raleigh and Charlotte.

A new ballpark will make zero difference for the Tamps Rays, just as I said it would make no difference for the Miami Marlins.

Both are an embarrassment to the MLB brand.

[/QUOTE]

No one comes now, even with a good product on the field for several years now.

The were still in it when they played a 4-game series v Boston on 9/17-9/20.  They drew 48,695 for the 4 games.  Two days earlier, they were in NY and drew 46,856 for one game.

They played Miami on a Friday night.  That's supposed to be a rivalry.  They drew 18,369.  Most teams lose attendance when they lose.  TB can't draw any type of crowd even when they're winning.  48k v Boston in 4 games is an embarrassment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy called the Marlins "the model for small market teams", and even though I pointed out that Miami was not a "small market" and that management had changed hands, he stuck to his position of lauding the marlins and disparaging he Rays.

Now, he starts a thread like this. Will his silliness and flip flopping ever cease?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This is the "model"?

LMAO!

Beinfest was hired as the GM in 2002. Giving him credit for 1997 is an extreme form of re-writing history.

In 2007, I believe, Larry was moved to president and the management team changed once again. Although Mike Hill was with the Marlins for a while before becomming the GM, he was not aound in 1997 either.

Stop the lies.

Admit mistakes.

Be a better man.

Not a clown.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Other then a few college towns Florida is the deep south and all that comes with it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

In 2007, I believe, Larry was moved to president and the management team changed once again.

No stooge, "Larry" is the management. It never changed. I didn't give Larry credit for 1997, stooge. I gave the Marlins former ownership credit for 2 titles.

You are unhinged.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you were saying management hasn't changed during the 2 titles:

.... The Marlins have 2 titles and are the model for small markets that the Rays have copied. As for changes in management, you are the idiot we all know you to be. The managment hasn't changed, but the ownership has.

Either learn how to be more clear with your words, or just admit that they have changed management, and they are not a good model of a small market team.

I'm also still waiting on why you consider the 8th largest metropolitan area in the USA (Miami) is a "small market".

TB did change management and have been the best model for "small market" over the past 5 years. Oakland is second. Miami should not be on the list.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

OK, 8th largest metro area out of 30 MLB cities is "small".

You are beyond reason.

You clearly believed that the Marlin's management has not changed, but ownership did for the 2 rings. The quote here means just that.

.... The Marlins have 2 titles and are the model for small markets that the Rays have copied. As for changes in management, you are the idiot we all know you to be. The managment hasn't changed, but the ownership has.

You can lie, distort, and delude yourself all you want, but you are the biggest liar, cheat, and a bunch more on this site. 

The Rays have not come close to copying the Marlin's model. They mostly built themselves with 1st round picks, comp picks, and a few trades of players before they walk or get a big payday and not the big trades, big FA signings and periodic player purges model of the Marlins.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Public funds, sports stadiums, and Tampa Bay

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Not only does Mark Buehrle need to pay income tax (Florida has no income tax but Toronto does), but also he cannot bring his pitbull because they are not allowed in Toronto.  

Oh well, at least he now has a shot of making the playoffs.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not only does Mark Buehrle need to pay income tax (Florida has no income tax but Toronto does), but also he cannot bring his pitbull because they are not allowed in Toronto.  

Oh well, at least he now has a shot of making the playoffs.  

[/QUOTE]

Easy enough to fix.  All he had to do was to ask for a no-trade clause.

Of course, maybe he'd have had to settle for less money.  Buehrle signed the contract and took the money.  The time to complain about the contract was before he signed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I noticed that you mentioned me in your post, and while I rarely read or respond to your posts because I don't think you have the mental capacity to be able to reason, I'll make an exception this time.  The only thing I ever posted about the Marlins new park a few years ago was that they wouldn't trade Hanley Ramirez before they opened the place.  You ranted how ridiculous that was and what ended up happening?  He wasn't traded until after they opened the new park, which made me right and you wrong.  Pretty simple stuff, which was covered on this board a few months ago.  Since your idea of "accountability" is hiding behind a new screen name like the coward that you are, I don't expect an intelligent response from any one of your multiple personalities.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Since your idea of "accountability" is hiding behind a new screen name like the coward that you are, I don't expect an intelligent response from any one of your multiple personalities.

It's been years since his last rational statement.