MLB Network Analyst calls the Cardinals a Dynasty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

MLB Network Analyst calls the Cardinals a Dynasty

Did anyone catch that?  This word "dynasty" is thrown around so much these days that it has lost it's meaning.  Nowadays, I guess you don't even have to win a championship to be called a dynasty.

I know the Cards have 3 young, really good pitchers in Wacha, Rosenthal, and Martinez and that is what the analyst based his theory on, but the Red Sox were really in a rebuilding year and were not expected to make the playoffs, let alone win the World Series.

The Red Sox have a top 5-10 farm system and will only get better and should be considered more of dynasty in the making than anyone else.

Thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: MLB Network Analyst calls the Cardinals a Dynasty

In response to Thomas_Paine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did anyone catch that?  This word "dynasty" is thrown around so much these days that it has lost it's meaning.  Nowadays, I guess you don't even have to win a championship to be called a dynasty.

I know the Cards have 3 young, really good pitchers in Wacha, Rosenthal, and Martinez and that is what the analyst based his theory on, but the Red Sox were really in a rebuilding year and were not expected to make the playoffs, let alone win the World Series.

The Red Sox have a top 5-10 farm system and will only get better and should be considered more of dynasty in the making than anyone else.

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE] let it go...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

When a team has seven rookies on a World Series roster,  you do have to think their future is bright..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The Cardinals have a great history as being one of the best organizations in baseball, including a great start to the new century.  But their current team is not a dynasty, plain and simple.  The NY Giants are the closest thing to dynasty in the NL right now.

The Sox are baseball's dynasty today. 

Too bad there is only one yankee fan left on these here threads to have to read that.  Head....Sand..........easier to deal w/ reality that way I guess............

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I know the Cards have 3 young, really good pitchers in Wacha, Rosenthal, Miller, and Martinez and that is what the analyst based his theory on, but the Red Sox were really in a rebuilding year and were not expected to make the playoffs, let alone win the World Series.

Thoughts?

fixed it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE] let it go...

[/QUOTE]

Let what go?  Were you the analyst?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When a team has seven rookies on a World Series roster,  you do have to think their future is bright..

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess their future does look bright.  I wonder if the Sox will see them in the WS over the course of the next few years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE] let it go...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] no i wasn't..just mean it's one person's opinion..no need to turn it into a slight,

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE] let it go...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] no i wasn't..just mean it's one person's opinion..no need to turn it into a slight,

[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I thought it was interesting enough to start a thread.  You don't find it odd that the losing team was described as a dynasty?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

The Cardinals have a great history as being one of the best organizations in baseball, including a great start to the new century.  But their current team is not a dynasty, plain and simple.  The NY Giants are the closest thing to dynasty in the NL right now.

Too bad there is only one yankee fan left on these here threads to have to read that.  Head....Sand..........easier to deal w/ reality that way I guess............

Once again, you are melodramatically incorrect; Jete, Me & Zac have been posting the last few days, in addition to the last few months. We have been all giving kudos to clearly the best team in the sport. There may be a few others that are gone, but it's usually the cranks who try to rub in an isolated loss, like yank, nyfan, GEAUX_blahblah, etc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

they have won 2 WS and lost 2 WS the last 1o years and made it to 2 other LCS's. 

that is a dynasty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Wait  till they have to pay those really good pitchers? I think one or two will end up somwhere else. Didn't Phillies pay up the butt for their pitchers? And where was Philly at the end? Huge risk signing them or trying to outbid other teams for them. That just the way it goes . Money talks Superstars walk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Plus the 8th best farm system, even after those guys were called up!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE] let it go...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I thought it was interesting enough to start a thread.  You don't find it odd that the losing team was described as a dynasty?

[/QUOTE]yeah, i guess a case can be made...at the end of the day, i'm sure the Cards would rather be the ones jumping around than being tagged with a label that really doesn't mean much at this moment...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't know how you missed it but three of the best posters on this site are yankee fans and here most days.

As for any team being called a dynasty without winning 3 championships in a row is stupid.

I believe the last team to accomplish such a feat were the Yankees.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

You know, there was a time that I hated the Yankees with a passion.  But recently, even after they won the World Series in 2009, I really don't mind them.  You have to respect one of the best rivalies of all time and the Yanks have played with alot of honor that I have come to admire.

But the Jets are a different story, I still can't stand them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Once again, you are melodramatically incorrect; Jete, Me & Zac have been posting the last few days, in addition to the last few months. We have been all giving kudos to clearly the best team in the sport. There may be a few others that are gone, but it's usually the cranks who try to rub in an isolated loss, like yank, nyfan, GEAUX_blahblah, etc.

[/QUOTE]

apologies

i stand corrected

there are THREE yankee fans left in these here forums.....(I think Zac may be on ingore because I've heard the name before but I don't think I've seen any posts from him)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I heard Al Leiter say that

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

You know, there was a time that I hated the Yankees with a passion.  But recently, even after they won the World Series in 2009, I really don't mind them.  You have to respect one of the best rivalies of all time and the Yanks have played with alot of honor that I have come to admire.

But the Jets are a different story, I still can't stand them.

[/QUOTE]

A lot of my hatred was more due from the arrogant fans

Now that they can't say boo to Sox fans, they ain't so bad

Like the Great yankee killer Schilling once said - "Ain't nothing better than shutting up an entire fan base!"...........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

apologies

i stand corrected

there are THREE yankee fans left in these here forums.....(I think Zac may be on ingore because I've heard the name before but I don't think I've seen any posts from him)

[/QUOTE]

Apology accepted. Congrats.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

The Cardinals had they won could have put themselves in position to be considered dynastic had then gone on and repeated in 2014. 3 in 4 years would give them a strong arguement. Fact is they're hardly that no doubt they are one of the best organizations in the game and thier future looks bright. 2 and 2 in World Series play in a decade falls short of a dynasty but is certainly noteworthy. One thing is certain they will be in the mix again next year and the foreseeable future given the makeup of thier roster. 

The St. Louis Cardinals are and have been one of the best run organizations in the game. They have a long history of excellence with the undying support of a very loyal fan base, who bleed Cardinal red. Regardless of if they win or lose, thier fans will show up to the park and in full throat and pull for thier hometowne nine. While the 2013 Cardinals fell short of winning it all, Cardinal fans will welcome them home as Champions, applaud thier accomplishments and look forward to the 2014 season and another run...Class act 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you mean SF Giants. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Cardinals had they won could have put themselves in position to be considered dynastic had then gone on and repeated in 2014. 3 in 4 years would give them a strong arguement. Fact is they're hardly that no doubt they are one of the best organizations in the game and thier future looks bright. 2 and 2 in World Series play in a decade falls short of a dynasty but is certainly noteworthy. One thing is certain they will be in the mix again next year and the foreseeable future given the makeup of thier roster. 

The St. Louis Cardinals are and have been one of the best run organizations in the game. They have a long history of excellence with the undying support of a very loyal fan base, who bleed Cardinal red. Regardless of if they win or lose, thier fans will show up to the park and in full throat and pull for thier hometowne nine. While the 2013 Cardinals fell short of winning it all, Cardinal fans will welcome them home as Champions, applaud thier accomplishments and look forward to the 2014 season and another run...Class act 

[/QUOTE]

Cardinals suck.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

A lot of my hatred was more due from the arrogant fans

Now that they can't say boo to Sox fans, they ain't so bad

[/QUOTE] boo :-)