Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles

In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles:
    [QUOTE]And by the way, that throw beat the runner to the plate by plenty. Did Salt miss the ball or what? It looked like he caught it, and then just stood up and let the guy score. Did I miss something?
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]SALT HAS HAD THIS ISSUE THROUGHOUT HI CAREER

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SculEsqare. Show SculEsqare's posts

Saltalamacchia should turn in his big league catcher players card. Bottom of the 6th, he's ajoke!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Epic, just epic meltdown continues. This Red Sox September will be remember and chronicialed by fans and the media for at least 100 years. Great job Sox. Geez.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I don't think we could beat a good college team these days !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

tie in wild card after tonight...collapse is almost complete

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

[QUOTE]OUR BEST HOPE IS FOR RAYS TO CHOKE LIKE LINDA LOVELACE AS WE ARE DOING!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Nice mental picture.. real nice... got me going...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from onesoxtwosoxredsoxbosox. Show onesoxtwosoxredsoxbosox's posts

[QUOTE]I NEVER BLAME TITO BUT HIS TRUST IN HIS STARTERS WHO HAVENT EARNED IT BURNS US AGAIN!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Seriously, what does Beckett's pitching have to do with Ellsbury's defensive flub or Salty's passed ball? Stop blaming people who don't deserve it, you make yourself sound even less smart than usual.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HighSchoolSportsReporter. Show HighSchoolSportsReporter's posts

Perfect way to end one of the very worst Red Sox seasons in the past 40 years.

Remember how everybody in the clubhouse was looking forward to a 100-win season?

What a joke....they just gave up.

I hope John Henry has more patience than me - I would blow the whole mess up and start over.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

This has been a tough one to watch.  Very hard not to let the negative words flow after watching this game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hate to give up , but our chances of coming back in this game are not good. Looks like the wild card lead is gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

WTH is it with this 3rd rate team that the Red Sox cannot beat them. Its incredible. What happened to the offense and when was the last time AGON had a clutch hit. The way the oroiles announcers are calling this game you would figure they are vying for a playoff spot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

So unusual to see Crawful ground out to 2B

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

0-5 vs some guy named patton, just great

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ldupesox. Show Ldupesox's posts

I'm glad the unhittable Tommy Hunter, the guy the Rangers were OK with trading away, along with another player, for a reliever, was able to hold this offense to an earned run. And now, the future hall of famer, Troy Patton, is doing his thing. I'm pretty hard on this team, but I've given Carl Crawford the benefit of the doubt most of the season, because he seems like he works hard, and is a nice guy. But he's really starting to pis$ me off. I'm just hoping for like a 07 JD Drew moment. Game 6, 1st inning, yeah, the 70 million dollar grand slam.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Tied with two games to go. Do ya think we can hold on? IMO no way. This season has been simply the worst in 46 years as a Red Sox fan. Just end this, so I can heal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles : Seriously, what does Beckett's pitching have to do with Ellsbury's defensive flub or Salty's passed ball? Stop blaming people who don't deserve it, you make yourself sound even less smart than usual.
    Posted by onesoxtwosoxredsoxbosox[/QUOTE]

Well , maybe because he threw a meatball to the number nine hitter, who absolutely hammered it?  Maybe because he has choked in the big games during this collapse? Are you Beckett's agent?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles : Seriously, what does Beckett's pitching have to do with Ellsbury's defensive flub or Salty's passed ball? Stop blaming people who don't deserve it, you make yourself sound even less smart than usual.
    Posted by onesoxtwosoxredsoxbosox[/QUOTE]

Calling that play a "defensive flub" is ridiculous. That ball was crushed, hit over 400 feet, and Ellsbury almost made an incredible play. Only banging into the wall full speed knocked the ball out. Beckett is to blame, not Ellsbury. Take some of your own advice man.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

they really teased/tormented us last night, got our hope up only to crash and burn the next night

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Anybody think that Andino missed 3rd base on that ? The Orile announcers rode right over it. It amazes me that when the Red Sox win a big game they go into relax mode the next game. If AGON had come up with a big hit in the 1st it would have gone a long way to defining this game. He has not come up with a big hit in weeks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Epic, just epic meltdown continues. This Red Sox September will be remember and chronicialed by fans and the media for at least 100 years. Great job Sox. Geez.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

That's the thing. There's no rhyme or reason to them. How do you come out like this after last night's game? Know what that is? That's a sign of a team that just isn't very good. Not able to capitalize on momentum. I hate to say that, but what else is there?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

That drop by Ells and Salty's error, without a doubt, epitomizes the horrible play of the Sox the last 5 weeks. Start packing boys! Your season is over Wednesday! You can loosen your collars now, you CHOKES!

BTW, Weren't you supposed to go all the way this year? LMAO 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

You could see with Beckett evry inning he puts the leadoff hitter on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

looks like the orioles are the team fighting for a playoff spot

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mwTessie. Show mwTessie's posts

"Uh Josh, kind of a rough outing out there tonight.  6 runs on 7 hits and 4 walks.  What seemed to be the cause of your struggles."

Beckett:  "Location.  Just couldn't locate my fastball or curveball tonight."

"Uh Josh, uh this game kind of has some serious playoff implications and, uh, you're suppose to be the ace of the staff.  Is it frustrating not to be able to locate your pitches when you really need to?"

Beckett:  "No, not really.  I was blazing in the bullpen and when I came out on the hill, it just wasn't there.  Can't really explain it, but I'll have my sh*t together when we start the playoffs."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Showalter is playing this like a charm because he is a Yankee Boy.