Mookie Betts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Mookie Betts

Is Mookie Betts the most complete and all round prsopect in the history of the Boston Red Sox?

I know, crazy. But is it? Not saying he is the best, but the player with the most skills and fewest on field weaknesses. Of the 5 skills, bat, defense, plate discipline, power, and steal ability, he seems above average in all 5 things. Maybe plus in all 5. Who in the history of the organisation was above average in all 5 for their position?

The one thing you might think is that he is below average in power, but he isn't. This year he has 30 doubles, 4 triples, and 13 homers, while being a skinny 20 year old 2nd baseman in 418 AB's. All while playing a 3rd of his games in a horrible HR park. Thats impressive for a 2nd baseman. I expect 15-40 power from him as a 2nd baseman. Thats would be special power.

So what Boston prospect was above average in all 5 things?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Mookie Betts

When he's doing all 5 things in the upper minors I'll be more impressed.........not that I'm not REALLY impressed now.   I hope his stock continues to rise, hopefully he nets us some good pitching one day soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Fred Lynn

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Fred Lynn

Sox4ever

Fred didn't steal bases in the minors or the majors.