Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million!

But his volumes about how valuable Wakefield is are not biased in the least. He doesn't like Wakefield, he just defends him with volumes of hollow snipets because he believes Wakefield is the best value use of a roster spot!

Folks, simply look at 2011 and see why not one single MLB team wants anything to do with Wakefield, for more than a bag of balls. Fortunately, the new Red Sox GM appears to have enough with the embarrssing old bald headed paunched human launching pad.

Spring training is virtually here, and Cherington has refused the begging pleas of Moonshwump and Wakefield. The season is off to a good start, so far.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million!

In Response to Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million!:
    [QUOTE]But his volumes about how valuable Wakefield is are not biased in the least. He doesn't like Wakefield, he just defends him with volumes of hollow snipets because he believes Wakefield is the best value use of a roster spot! Folks, simply look at 2011 and see why not one single MLB team wants anything to do with Wakefield, for more than a bag of balls. Fortunately, the new Red Sox GM appears to have enough with the embarrssing old bald headed paunched human launching pad. Spring training is virtually here, and Cherington has refused the begging pleas of Moonshwump and Wakefield. The season is off to a good start, so far.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

We could do worse, since we don't currently have anyone filling that position. And he did beat King Felix and Halliday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million!

Even Dan Duquette said any starter with a 5 era is not worth holding onto - 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million!:
    [QUOTE]Even Dan Duquette said any starter with a 5 era is not worth holding onto - 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Then perhaps you should go over to the Oriole board and post there!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million! : "LET ME BE CLEAR".... IF THIS IS WHAT MOONMAN WANTS, THEN IT WOULD BE SAFE TO SAY THAT HE SEES THINGS WITH THE SAME VISION OF THE "BIG O" AND ALL OF HIS LIB/LEFT/SOC/RAD/ MOONBATS IN THE LAND.....  JUST MY OPINION !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

I happen to agree with Moon. I would trust Wakefield over Padilla, Cook, Maine, or Silva.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million! : I happen to agree with Moon. I would trust Wakefield over Padilla, Cook, Maine, or Silva.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]  MAYBE 10 YEARS AGO !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million! :   MAYBE 10 YEARS AGO !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

You forget Bill, That Wake is only two years removed from an AS appearance. Name one other pitcher on the 40 man roster (other than Lester, Beck and Buch of course) that can give the RS 150+ innings. When was the last time any of those 4 I mentioned, pitched 150 innings?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Earlier this winter, I said Wake would get $1-1.5M. mr. hanky keeps on lying (as always) with his $1-2M rant. I never "pleaded" for his signing. Most of my posts are dedicated to correcting falsehoods written about his past few years here. I stated that his redcent numbers were better than most of the projects signed this winter, including Andrew Miller signed for $1.04M (non-guaranteed). I mentioned the idea of offering Wake $800K with incentives. I'd hardly call that "pleading" or drastic.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Earlier this winter, I said Wake would get $1-1.5M. mr. hanky keeps on lying (as always) with his $1-2M rant. I never "pleaded" for his signing. Most of my posts are dedicated to correcting falsehoods written about his past few years here. I stated that his redcent numbers were better than most of the projects signed this winter, including Andrew Miller signed for $1.04M (non-guaranteed). I mentioned the idea of offering Wake $800K with incentives. I'd hardly call that "pleading" or drastic.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

moon - The problem with offering Wake anything is that the organization doesn't want to be in the position to have to 'Cut' him, and Wakefield won't 'retire' gracefully, even if he stunk it up in the spring. The Red Sox were hoping that someone would sign him. You would think there would have been an offer or two, given his agent saying he could win 15 games. A lot of teams could use a 15 game winner.

It's a game of chicken, with Varitek also. These guys don't want to hang it up, the Red Sox don't want them back, and no other teams are showing interest.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

Cherrinton is supposed to make up his mind this week on Wake and Tek. Hopefully Selig will do likewise on the Epstein compensation dilemna.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

moon - The problem with offering Wake anything is that the organization doesn't want to be in the position to have to 'Cut' him, and Wakefield won't 'retire' gracefully, even if he stunk it up in the spring. The Red Sox were hoping that someone would sign him. 

I totally get this. I'm fine with no offer, but my point is that Wake is just as good an option as guys like Miller, Silva, maine, Pasdilla, Cook...

I'm not sure cuting him would be that big of a deal, since inviting him to camp and letting him pitch in ST would at least give him a chance to showcase whether or not he "still has it". Another team might pick him up.

I'm kind of surprised no team has publically offered him an invite to camp. I'd think an NL team might try to capitalize on a few months of him as a starter. Oh well. it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE] It's a game of chicken
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Probably not the best term to be using when talking about Red Sox and pitching.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Mr. Hanky's obsession with and jealousy of Moon is starting to get really creepy....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million! : moon - The problem with offering Wake anything is that the organization doesn't want to be in the position to have to 'Cut' him, and Wakefield won't 'retire' gracefully, even if he stunk it up in the spring. The Red Sox were hoping that someone would sign him. You would think there would have been an offer or two, given his agent saying he could win 15 games. A lot of teams could use a 15 game winner. It's a game of chicken, with Varitek also. These guys don't want to hang it up, the Red Sox don't want them back, and no other teams are showing interest.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Not sure about Tek, but you can be sure Wake has had some interest. What people don't seem to realized is that both these guys want to play for the RS. They don't want to pack up and go to another team, when their roots are in Boston. It's not that Wake wants to keep on pitching, it's that he wants to pitch for the RS and break the all-time RS win record. A real fan would understand that, and a loyal fan would be promoting it.

People on here have accused me of being a troll because of my negativity toward management and some players. But for the ones who have meant a lot to this organization, and worked their butt off unselfishly, they have earned my respect. Management has made some bone-headed decisions and they are about to make another one if they don't bring Wake back.
    You see, it's not just about numbers, it's about heart, loyalty, character.....you know, people.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million! : I happen to agree with Moon. I would trust Wakefield over Padilla, Cook, Maine, or Silva.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

i agree with danny boy, dump all four and add $4 Million to get Oswalt...
    all due respect to you, but these guys aRE BAD PITCHERS. tHE oRIOLES MIGHT WANT EM THOUGH?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million! : You forget Bill, That Wake is only two years removed from an AS appearance. Name one other pitcher on the 40 man roster (other than Lester, Beck and Buch of course) that can give the RS 150+ innings. When was the last time any of those 4 I mentioned, pitched 150 innings?
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]AND 44 YEARS AGO I WAS A DASHING YOUNG SAILOR ON THIS FINE SHIP !!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Softy, you're piling on Moon - that's not nice...but well-deserved. Moon made the same mistake he made with Tito and Tek - he took some stats and overrespresented their significance to make a point...sincerely I might add. No one who watched this relic the past few years can truthfully say that he wasnt all done. Instead we got tons of stats saying he was the best 6th/7th starter (i still dont know what the heck that means) in mlb....he was an innings eater, he was a great guy, blah, blah blah. When he said Sox fans DESERVE to see him pitch in 2012 to break personal records, it was ugly and idiotic considering the role his futility played in causing 2011 to happen. This is the only reason why folks in bdc backed off. If not for those brain farts, we would still be debating this twisted idea of a fat, slow, injury-proned 46 year old, who throws 65 mph, playing for the Sox yet another season. Moon is too proud to say Wake is toast. Alibike still believes which is insane...but at least he's not playing the middle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

I mentioned the idea of offering Wake $800K with incentives. I'd hardly call that "pleading

When no team is offering a bag of balls, it most certainly is pleading. And you claimed he would have 1 to 2 million market value, from which you started your early campaign to bring this fiasco old man back for 1 or 2 million.

Your comment "to see if he still has it" is a total fantasy! He hasn't had anything but garbage for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott8340. Show Scott8340's posts

If you don't think they should bring Wake back that's fine, just say so. But calling him names and treating him like he's some sort of jerk says a lot more about you than it ever says about him. Wake is a class act and didn't mind being way underpaid when The Sox needed him to.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Wakefield is no class act, and he has been paid over 50 million dollars! The Red Sox minus Wastefield make the 2011 playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million! : i agree with danny boy, dump all four and add $4 Million to get Oswalt... all due respect to you, but these guys aRE BAD PITCHERS. tHE oRIOLES MIGHT WANT EM THOUGH?
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]

Except that they aren't making $4M, unless they are all contributing on the ML roster, in which case the 4 of them combined is far more valuable than Oswalt.  Also, Oswalt has to want to pitch here.  if he's going to sign here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pike2. Show Pike2's posts

[QUOTE]If you don't think they should bring Wake back that's fine, just say so. But calling him names and treating him like he's some sort of jerk says a lot more about you than it ever says about him. Wake is a class act and didn't mind being way underpaid when The Sox needed him to.
    Posted by Scott8340[/QUOTE]

He is the forum village idiot / troll. It is best to ignore him but that is up to you obviously. His name used to be Softlaw who was troll #1 inthe history of the forum. He is here to waste your time and increase his entertainment.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Mr. Hanky's obsession with and jealousy of Moon is starting to get really creepy....
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

Yup, Softy has been cracked like an egg.  You could literally see his brain turn to mush in front of us when Ellsbury turned in one of the great performances in history, while Softy thought Cameron should start.

I don't much care, since I liked the Cam signing, but watching Softy melting down over Ells was worth it.

He hasn't been the same since, and he blames Moon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pike2. Show Pike2's posts

From what I have read before coming back here is that the same thing will happen to Georom in regards to Beckett. I like the lack of troll traffic in the forum upon my return here.