Mr Lester

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Mr Lester

I am a long time Sox Fan, I have followed young Mr Lester since he has been with my beloved Red Sox. He has brought me to tears with his personal plight with life as I have lost loved ones to cancer. He brings me encouragement knowing that we can prevail. This young man will always be a hero in my eyes. I hope one fine day, I could meet this wonderful young man. My life would be complete and I will have come full circle in my pains. Jon I love and respect you! You are what life is all about! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for bringing enjoyment to myself and my wife. May you be protected from future pain and loved for your lifetime. We will watch you and enjoy until the time comes!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Re: Mr Lester

m

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Nice gesture, Promise. I live not far from his home town and got to know him 2nd hand via family members. I'll never forget what that Sox scout said when Theo was discussing deals for Santana: "Whatever you do, don't trade Lester!".

This kid's a winner.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

In Response to Re: Mr Lester:
    [QUOTE]Promise4you what time did you start drinking  today ? Never ever ever drink and type becasue you end up writing f#cking love letters to Sox players.
    Posted by davescout[/QUOTE]

Actually Mr loser, I don't drink. But you show that you have no class. Have you ever lost someone you love to Cancer? And try using spell check you little child!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]Nice gesture, Promise . I live not far from his home town and got to know him 2nd hand via family members. I'll never forget what that Sox scout said when Theo was discussing deals for Santana: "Whatever you do, don't trade Lester!". This kid's a winner.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

He is a classy Kid, when have you ever, ever seen bad ink on him? Other than childish posters!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Gotta love the big lefty. He really seems to be a guy who keeps an even keel too. I guess when you've been through chemo it's a little easier to keep baseball in perspective. I really like him to win the CY someday. Who knows maybe he could even wrestle the Red Sox win record away from Roger Dodger.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

I am a Yankee fan, yet I am a fan of Jon Lester. I have family (my sister) that has survived cancer, and have nothing but respect for his courage, his ability, and the classy way he carries himself. While I root against him when he faces the Yankees, I am very happy to see he has overcome such a terrible disease. That goes beyond Yankees vs. Red Sox, or baseball, or regional pride etc... I will always be a fan of Jon Lester.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Apparently Davescout deleted his post. He should do that on the majority of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Cancer is of course a big deal, but what I admire about Lester is his gutsiness on the mound.  His command has been for him below par this year, but somehow he hangs in there without dominant stuff.  Right now I think he is once again the ace, and I did not think that earlier this year.  And, FWIW, he got squeezed by the ump today

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Lester is as big of an icon as Tom Brady. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I am a Yankee fan, yet I am a fan of Jon Lester. I have family (my sister) that has survived cancer, and have nothing but respect for his courage, his ability, and the classy way he carries himself. While I root against him when he faces the Yankees, I am very happy to see he has overcome such a terrible disease. That goes beyond Yankees vs. Red Sox, or baseball, or regional pride etc... I will always be a fan of Jon Lester.
    Posted by stormcrow7878[/QUOTE]

Classy post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Mr Lester:
    [QUOTE]I am a long time Sox Fan, I have followed young Mr Lester since he has been with my beloved Red Sox. He has brought me to tears with his personal plight with life as I have lost loved ones to cancer. He brings me encouragement knowing that we can prevail. This young man will always be a hero in my eyes. I hope one fine day, I could meet this wonderful young man. My life would be complete and I will have come full circle in my pains. Jon I love and respect you! You are what life is all about! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for bringing enjoyment to myself and my wife. May you be protected from future pain and loved for your lifetime. We will watch you and enjoy until the time comes!
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

That's a beautiful post, promise. I wish we had more posts like this on the board. It's refreshing to have something so positive to read here. He's been a gift to us for sure. I hope his career continues to be great, and I believe he will get that Cy. I'm just glad it's going to be with the Sox. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]Cancer is of course a big deal, but what I admire about Lester is his gutsiness on the mound.  His command has been for him below par this year, but somehow he hangs in there without dominant stuff.  Right now I think he is once again the ace, and I did not think that earlier this year.  And, FWIW, he got squeezed by the ump today
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]
    What has he lacked, command or dominant stuff, or both? They are not the same.
    Beckett is having a better year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m