Much better game today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Much better game today

Even though I thought Terry shouldn't have brought Lackey out for the sixth inning it actually worked out.  Ells was unbelievable today and has been all season.  Now lets take the finale tomorrow and take back first place.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Much better game today

In Response to Much better game today:
    [QUOTE]Even though I thought Terry shouldn't have brought Lackey out for the sixth inning it actually worked out.  Ells was unbelievable today and has been all season.  Now lets take the finale tomorrow and take back first place.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Crawford 4 for 4...double, 3 singles, stolen base.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I no longer live in CT/Boston, so I couldn't enjoy the game as much as you did.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from norm9340. Show norm9340's posts

In Response to Re: Much better game today:
    [QUOTE]I no longer live in CT/Boston, so I couldn't enjoy the game as much as you did.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

My local outlet... Channel 6 here in Milwaukee, decicded to cut away from the game with 1 out in the 9th... They went to 3 minutes of local commercials and then to local programming......

They have done this before and I'm sure they will do it again

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Salty caught and called a very good game.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]I no longer live in CT/Boston, so I couldn't enjoy the game as much as you did.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

harness, you still mad about everyone laughing at your "difference in weather" excuse between California and Boston for Lackeys struggles? 

You also ducked my other question, why has Beckett overcome your weather theory and not John?  Your MO is full of excuses when proven wrong, everyone knows this, which is why we all call you out.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Much better game today :  Crawford 4 for 4...double, 3 singles, stolen base.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I forgot to give Crawford credit, your'e right a great game I hope it continues.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

In Response to Much better game today:
    [QUOTE]Even though I thought Terry shouldn't have brought Lackey out for the sixth inning it actually worked out.  Ells was unbelievable today and has been all season.  Now lets take the finale tomorrow and take back first place.

Not sure how to take you this is the pitching lines for the last 2 nights and you think Lackey did a better job so I am confused.

John Lester’s 6 inning pitched with 5 hits 3 earned runs 4 BB and 7 SO is worse than Lackey’s  6 Inning  with 6 hits 3 earned runs 2 BB and 5 SOs.

Is this due to expectations? I think so. In my opinion Lester pitched a better game. Just had 1 bad inning an in that inning he gave up the same number of runs that lackey gave up.

If you are wondering why I brought this up go to yesterdays thread
    http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3ae534e6af-898e-4a70-9a8f-9d02aed76237

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Much better game today : Not sure how to take you this is the piting lines for the last 2 nights and you think Lackey did a better job so I am confused. John Lester’s 6 inning pitched with 5 hits 3 earned runs 4 BB and 7 SO is worse than Lackey’s   6 Inning   with 6 hits 3 earned runs 2 BB and 5 SOs. Is this due to expectations? I think so. In my opinion Lester pitched a better game. Just had 1 bad inning an in that inning he gave up the same number of runs that lackey gave up. If you are wondering why I brought this up go to yesterdays thread http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3ae534e6af-898e-4a70-9a8f-9d02aed76237
    Posted by SpikeCunn5[/QUOTE]

I wasn't referring to Lackey having a better game.  John had his typical type game and the offense saved him from disaster again.  It was a great game by Ells, Crawford and the pen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Much better game today : My local outlet... Channel 6 here in Milwaukee, decicded to cut away from the game with 1 out in the 9th... They went to 3 minutes of local commercials and then to local programming...... They have done this before and I'm sure they will do it again
    Posted by norm9340[/QUOTE]

You live in Milwaukee?  I used to live in Madison, Wisconsin.  I miss Farmer's Market in Wisconsin. 

The Brewers are doing pretty well.  Perhaps a Red Sox vs. Brewers World Series? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Much better game today : I wasn't reffering to Lackey having a better game.  Johnhe had his typical type game and the offense saved him from disaster again.  It was a great game by Ells, Crawford and the pen.

Sorry I should of read the complete thread before I posted in this thread. When your name is on a thread I will read the whole thing before I waste my time posting in a thread started by you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

craze4sox, you have some strange notions.  There's the whole,"you can't be a Red Sox fan if you don't live in Boston and go to Fenway all the time" thing.   I've probably been a Sox fan longer than you, and I have to pay to watch every game the Sox play that is not on Fox or ESPN. 

And now there's the "Lackey had nothing to do with this win" thing.  That is just plain baloney.  Lackey went 6 and gave up 3 against a very good hitting club that thrives against righty pitching.  He did exactly what Lester, the presumptive ace, did last night.   He had one bad inning, but recovered nicely and finished strong.  It sure looks as though he has turned it around.

Maybe because I have raved about Ellsbury all year and beat up on Crawford, I think Crawford gets a ton of credit for today's offense.  He got the first Sox hit, a double, and scored the first run.  He went 4 for 4 and scored 3 runs in a big game against a great lefty starter who completly dominated David Ortiz and didn't do half bad against Adrian Gonzalez.  Previous walkoff hits notwithstanding, I think this was Crawford's best game for the Sox. 

I also disagree that today's game was "much better."  The outcome was of course a ton better, but last night had a lot more drama and challenges.  Once Jake hit the 3 run dinger against Sabathia, this game was over. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]craze4sox, you have some strange notions.  There's the whole,"you can't be a Red Sox fan if you don't live in Boston and go to Fenway all the time" thing.   I've probably been a Sox fan longer than you, and I have to pay to watch every game the Sox play that is not on Fox or ESPN.  And now there's the "Lackey had nothing to do with this win" thing.  That is just plain baloney.  Lackey went 6 and gave up 3 against a very good hitting club that thrives against righty pitching.  He did exactly what Lester, the presumptive ace, did last night.   He had one bad inning, but recovered nicely and finished strong.  It sure looks as though he has turned it around. Maybe because I have raved about Ellsbury all year and beat up on Crawford, I think Crawford gets a ton of credit for today's offense.  He got the first Sox hit, a double, and scored the first run.  He went 4 for 4 and scored 3 runs in a big game against a great lefty starter who completly dominated David Ortiz and didn't do half bad against Adrian Gonzalez.  Previous walkoff hits notwithstanding, I think this was Crawford's best game for the Sox.  I also disagree that today's game was "much better."  The outcome was of course a ton better, but last night had a lot more drama and challenges.  Once Jake hit the 3 run dinger against Sabathia, this game was over. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

max, please show us where I stated someone can't be a Boston fan who lives outside the area.  I said people who live in the area and get NESN know better than to argue Jon got squeezed by the ump last night.  Sox fans who did argue were more than likely from out of state, or don't get NESN.  NESN has a very good tool that shows us all exactly where a pitched ends up in, or around the strike zone.  All I ask is you please read before making a statement or attacking.

Lackey had his typical outing, we took a two run lead and he couldn't hold it, then he gave up another run the next inning.  The only thing different about John today is he actually got out of the sixth inning and didn't give up more. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

NESN happens to be available to anyone in the USA with a view of the southern sky or has cable service that offers MLB Extra innings. True Red Sox fans with $180 per year of discretionary income have no excuse for not watching all of the games on NESN. Many fans in New England may choose to not get NESN on their cable package. I don't see any merit in the geography argument. Let's try to be happy after a satisfying win instead of debating minutia like this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from norm9340. Show norm9340's posts

[QUOTE]NESN happens to be available to anyone in the USA with a view of the southern sky or has cable service that offers MLB Extra innings. True Red Sox fans with $180 per year of discretionary income have no excuse for not watching all of the games on NESN. Many fans in New England may choose to not get NESN on their cable package. I don't see any merit in the geography argument. Let's try to be happy after a satisfying win instead of debating minutia like this.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]
    Can't watch the game on NESN when....
    A) It is a Fox Saturday broadcast,
    B) It is a Sunday night ESPN broadcast,
    C) The Sox are playing the White Sox.
    D) The Sox are playing the Cubs,
    E). The Sox are playing the Brewers...
    Other than that I have NESN on for every game

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Crawford was "unbelievable" for a change and he and Scutaro had key hits that changed the pressure meter on the Yankees.