My Apologies, I Was Wrong About The Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: My Apologies, I Was Wrong About The Red Sox

In response to The4040club's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But I don't insult Bill.  The sox just won a ws, how about growing up a bit and concentrating on the postive.

[/QUOTE]

Bill deserves every insult he gets, plus some.  because: ignorant, bigoted, troll. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Even an eternal optimist like myself, while I did allow for the possibility of this club making a deeprun, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that John Lackey would be the heart of this club and one of the primary cogs in that run, or more amazingly, that I would end up loving the guy.  Such a beautiful season of unexpected things.  

[/QUOTE]

Hey Space:

I've always been the optimist.  The board has many times gotten too negative for me, so I back way off.  It's nice to just enjoy the games.  I spent all season coaching my kids in baseball and watching the Sox with them.  We simply enjoyed the ride and were rewarded with the ultimate prize.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Does anybody even remember in July/August when people were still waiting for this team to crumble? Most people were waiting for it. It never happened. They got even better.

I'm a cautious optimist for the most part but you must admit, after we lost, Hanrahan, Bailey, Miller and all the injuries to Vic and others, you must have thought how are we going to hold on to a playoff spot now??? But they did and they proved us wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My DAD said a lot of things........  never got into disrespect !!!

Maybe that's the one lesson DAD should have given you long long ago.

[/QUOTE]DAD did say -------- "SON, if you have an OPINION, it doesn't cost anything to share it" !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

There's sharing an opinion and then there's being obnoxious.

Learn the difference.

[/QUOTE]Sooo SORRy 4B's.....  Perhaps in my next life i can be perfect like you !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My DAD said a lot of things........  never got into disrespect !!!

Maybe that's the one lesson DAD should have given you long long ago.

[/QUOTE]DAD did say -------- "SON, if you have an OPINION, it doesn't cost anything to share it" !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

There's sharing an opinion and then there's being obnoxious.

Learn the difference.

[/QUOTE]Sooo SORRy 4B's.....  Perhaps in my next life i can be perfect like you !!!!

[/QUOTE]

I'm far from perfect.

But, I try to learn from my mistakes.

If half the board were telling me I'm out of line, I'd probably listen.

But, that's just me...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to jimdavis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Even an eternal optimist like myself, while I did allow for the possibility of this club making a deeprun, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that John Lackey would be the heart of this club and one of the primary cogs in that run, or more amazingly, that I would end up loving the guy.  Such a beautiful season of unexpected things.  

[/QUOTE]

Hey Space:

I've always been the optimist.  The board has many times gotten too negative for me, so I back way off.  It's nice to just enjoy the games.  I spent all season coaching my kids in baseball and watching the Sox with them.  We simply enjoyed the ride and were rewarded with the ultimate prize.

[/QUOTE] hey JD!!....congrats on the championship

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I was completely wrong about my estimations about this year's Red Sox, but I don't feel like I owe anybody any apologies.  Most people picked them towards the bottom of the division and thought they paid a lot for mediocre signings.

And, late in the year I still didn't believe in them. And in the playoffs I still didnt they could beat the Rays. Or the Tigers. Or the Cardinals. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings, I just couldnt see it.  I never posted anything negative about them (nothing like the insane rant I went on the Bruins when they decided all they could do was blow third period second half leads- I'd calmed down by the time they blew 2 third period Stanley Cup Final leads to Chicago, but oh well).  UI just didnt see how that lineup could keep winning.

I don't think anyone owes anyone any apologies for underestimating this year's Sox... that was a reasonable position. That's what makes what they accomplished so much more special.  Congrats to an incredible accomplishment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

There are two kinds of posters here: the kind that didn't see this happening..............and the kind that lies about it. For my part, I thought 81 wins would bea vast improvement over last year's permformance, and it would have been. Foreseeing a championship out of this group back in spring training was simply not possible. Not that I am complaining....and of course, I want another ring next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to The4040club's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But I don't insult Bill.  The sox just won a ws, how about growing up a bit and concentrating on the postive.

[/QUOTE]

Bill deserves every insult he gets, plus some.  because: ignorant, bigoted, troll. 

[/QUOTE]

Bill does not come here and insult other posters. So its easy to just ignore what he writes if you don't like it. He does not deserve the kind of post you have aimed in his direction. You don't know him well enough to make those accusations. I doubt anyone here does.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

We were all wrong. I lost count of the times I gave up on this team, and they came back every time. This is the most amazing team I've ever followed in all my sports fandom life.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There are two kinds of posters here: the kind that didn't see this happening..............and the kind that lies about it. For my part, I thought 81 wins would bea vast improvement over last year's permformance, and it would have been. Foreseeing a championship out of this group back in spring training was simply not possible. Not that I am complaining....and of course, I want another ring next year.

[/QUOTE]

I predicted a .500 season, too.  Always happy to be proven wrong!Smile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

""the kind that lies about it.""

""We were all wrong.""

You are both wrong and you are both lying about it.