MY DREAMS FULFILLED, YANKS, PHILLIES, TEXAS DONT WIN SERIES, AND WE RETOOL OUR PLAYERS, OUR APPROACH AND OUR MANAGER!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

MY DREAMS FULFILLED, YANKS, PHILLIES, TEXAS DONT WIN SERIES, AND WE RETOOL OUR PLAYERS, OUR APPROACH AND OUR MANAGER!

What i prayed for as the next best thing to winning a championship.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: MY DREAMS FULFILLED, YANKS, PHILLIES, TEXAS DONT WIN SERIES, AND WE RETOOL OUR PLAYERS, OUR APPROACH AND OUR MANAGER!

In Response to MY DREAMS FULFILLED, YANKS, PHILLIES, TEXAS DONT WIN SERIES, AND WE RETOOL OUR PLAYERS, OUR APPROACH AND OUR MANAGER!:
    [QUOTE]What i prayed for as the next best thing to winning a championship.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

LOL, bredbru, although, I was rooting for the Rangers having watched them beat the Yankees last season in the playoffs. I was all for that. lol I also felt there may be no stopping the Phillies this season with their pitching staff. Goes to show you what I know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: MY DREAMS FULFILLED, YANKS, PHILLIES, TEXAS DONT WIN SERIES, AND WE RETOOL OUR PLAYERS, OUR APPROACH AND OUR MANAGER!

In Response to Re: MY DREAMS FULFILLED, YANKS, PHILLIES, TEXAS DONT WIN SERIES, AND WE RETOOL OUR PLAYERS, OUR APPROACH AND OUR MANAGER!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to MY DREAMS FULFILLED, YANKS, PHILLIES, TEXAS DONT WIN SERIES, AND WE RETOOL OUR PLAYERS, OUR APPROACH AND OUR MANAGER! : LOL, bredbru, although, I was rooting for the Rangers having watched them beat the Yankees last season in the playoffs. I was all for that. lol I also felt there may be no stopping the Phillies this season with their pitching staff. Goes to show you what I know.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

hi kim,
    your brain didnt fail you. 
    the phillies were the best team coming into the season everyone knew it (the sox had the best hitting on paper). it's just a case where in the playoffs, its just a matter of who is hotter at this exact moment. (along with a manager who may pull the right string here or there, or come up with a great extra motivator for their players; and some luck :)

i too am glad the rangers beat the yanks. AND  i see the rangers as part of our chief competition just slightly after the yanks to make it to the world series every year they have amassed some very good talent with the use of a very good budget with smart management and have one of the best pitching coaches in the league(ergo i see them as a rival, someone we are competing against and i dont want them to win it all).

thanks for the comments!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I have to say--I add to the list the Rays---the longer the Rays go without winning the closer they get to losing some of their better players to FA. The more frequently they get to the playoffs the farther down the draft list they go. In two years they will be looking for a new manager because JMadd will move on to a bigger market to prove he can be better than LaRussa.

The Rays, Jays, Rangers, Angels, Tigers and the Mariners in a couple of years will all be fighting it out for the playoffs with the Yankees and Sox--the competition will be intense from the first game to the 162 nd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

2011 was a perfect example of why I will never again buy into pre-season prognosis, "paper" team strength, previous year's successes, etc., etc. Until we hang the flag we are just another third place team. May to Aug greatness...whatever..., it is obviously the whole season that counts.

Well done St. Louis, my hat is tipped. They earned it and 11 titles is not to shabby.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to MY DREAMS FULFILLED, YANKS, PHILLIES, TEXAS DONT WIN SERIES, AND WE RETOOL OUR PLAYERS, OUR APPROACH AND OUR MANAGER!:
    [QUOTE]What i prayed for as the next best thing to winning a championship.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]
    So you just happened to be rooting for the new champs. Right! Makes you a winner. Better add a cardinal to your collection of champs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: MY DREAMS FULFILLED, YANKS, PHILLIES, TEXAS DONT WIN SERIES, AND WE RETOOL OUR PLAYERS, OUR APPROACH AND OUR MANAGER!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to MY DREAMS FULFILLED, YANKS, PHILLIES, TEXAS DONT WIN SERIES, AND WE RETOOL OUR PLAYERS, OUR APPROACH AND OUR MANAGER! : LOL, bredbru, although, I was rooting for the Rangers having watched them beat the Yankees last season in the playoffs. I was all for that. lol I also felt there may be no stopping the Phillies this season with their pitching staff. Goes to show you what I know.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with you on both points.  I really wanted Texas to win the World Series this year.  It is heartbreaking to see them lose two years in a row.  The Phillies were the favorites to win the World Series before the season began because of their pitching staff and especially their starting pitchers.   That is why the playoffs are so unpredictable and anything can happen.  It certanly did this year.  Towards the end of the regular season St. Louis wasn't even predicted to be in the playoffs.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Yeah, let's just hate on everyone, because the Sox took the big choke with their insane payroll. The Rangers made the WS two years in a row, while the Sox sat at home.
    Real baseball fans, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I bet Nolan Ryan goes for broke next year - he knows you only get that far once ina  great while. Rebuilding in Texas would be un-Ryan, he will ad some key pieces for 2012

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

So, this basically proves there is a God.

O.K., what happened with the rapture?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I feel Texas would be the number 1 team interested in Beckett especially if they lose CJ Wilson. I have been lobbying for Michael Young--who I think could be had but Mike Adams might be a strong target that would allow us to move Aceves to the # 2 spot in the rotation. Perhaps Adams and a couple of prospects in return.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MY DREAMS FULFILLED, YANKS, PHILLIES, TEXAS DONT WIN SERIES, AND WE RETOOL OUR PLAYERS, OUR APPROACH AND OUR MANAGER! : The Mariners? Really?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]
    "One of these things is not like the others ..."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I have to say--I add to the list the Rays---the longer the Rays go without winning the closer they get to losing some of their better players to FA. The more frequently they get to the playoffs the farther down the draft list they go. In two years they will be looking for a new manager because JMadd will move on to a bigger market to prove he can be better than LaRussa. The Rays, Jays, Rangers, Angels, Tigers and the Mariners in a couple of years will all be fighting it out for the playoffs with the Yankees and Sox--the competition will be intense from the first game to the 162 nd.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

The Mariners? Really?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Funny how it works: Red Sox went 90-72 and were majors' biggest disappointment.  St. Louis went 90-72 and were majors' greatest success.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The Cards went 18-8 in the month of September and the Sox went 7-20...a tale of two cities, two teams and two destinies - going in opposite directions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, let's just hate on everyone, because the Sox took the big choke with their insane payroll. The Rangers made the WS two years in a row, while the Sox sat at home. Real baseball fans, right?
    Posted by GhostofTito[/QUOTE]

re: 
    Real baseball fans, right?

you sound very bitter, and if i'm not mistken very judgemental of all fans who dont fit your criteria or worthy fans. 
    wouldnt you rather feel good in your heart than attack others you dont even know?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]So, this basically proves there is a God. O.K., what happened with the rapture?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

"So, this basically proves there is a God. O.K., what happened with the rapture?"

:)

rapture is whenever you want to feel there inside.

it takes a little practice after all the cultural conditioning of negativity, superficiality, numbness and attempts to deplete and discourage the soul.

peace zill

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Funny how it works:  Red Sox  went 90-72 and were majors' biggest disappointment.  St. Louis went 90-72 and were majors' greatest success.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

life is full of ironies...

and beauty if we allow ourselves to look :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]The Cards went 18-8 in the month of September and the Sox went 7-20...a tale of two cities, two teams and two destinies - going in opposite directions.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

makes baseball
    and life
    interesting...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]The Cards went 18-8 in the month of September and the Sox went 7-20...a tale of two cities, two teams and two destinies - going in opposite directions.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

And yet both teams ended the regular season at 90-72

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Glad you are happy. Bottom line is that it was a wasted year for us when we could have beaten St. Louis and Texas as well. Nothing to be proud of in any way. The Red Sox have a lot to prove to win ver the fan base next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Papelbon to the Yankees

Could the Yankees have an interest in Jonathon Papelbon because Rivera is signed to one more year. Then they could have him takeover for Rivera when he sails off into the sunset of Panama with all his tax free money living in Panama.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Glad you are happy. Bottom line is that it was a wasted year for us when we could have beaten St. Louis and Texas as well. Nothing to be proud of in any way. The Red Sox have a lot to prove to win ver the fan base next year.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

nobody said proud and you missed the whole point of the post.

the situation with our club su@@ed on many levels. if we could not win the championship, the next best thing was for this collapse so we can right the whole ship. 

OTHERWISE THINGS CONTINUE DYSFUNCTIONALLY FOR SEVERAL MORE YEARS.
    NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

AND FURTHER, THE YANKS, PHILLS AND RANGEERS DIDNT WIN.

that is a good thing to me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Papelbon to the Yankees

In Response to Papelbon to the Yankees:
    [QUOTE] Could the Yankees have an interest in Jonathon Papelbon because Rivera is signed to one more year. Then they could have him takeover for Rivera when he sails off into the sunset of Panama with all his tax free money living in Panama.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

if they were, it would likely be just to jack up the price we pay. appears rivera is really a vampire and will live for hundreds of years and not age.