My Question to the Posters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

My Question to the Posters

When things go well, where is Andrewmitch and Softy?  Softy has been posting all day and he disappears when the Sox scored first.  I'd be willing to bet he would be all over the forum had the Yanks won tonight.  Does anyone else notice this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: My Question to the Posters

Oh yeah. Not so much Mitch, but definitely Softy ... and others.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He'll be all over the Jed shoulder deal...just give it time..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Softy was banned recently.

Coming soon...

Expect 13 threads on Jed's recent injury.

Expect 16 threads on Jake's CS today and his wind-blown broken bat HR.

Expect 19 threads on Wake after his next start: good or horrible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I

n Response to Re: My Question to the Posters:
    [QUOTE]Oh yeah. Not so much Mitch, but definitely Softy ... and others.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I've had mitch on ignore for a long time, so haven't noticed what she does.  I don't read softys stuff, so he might as well be on ignore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Amd I'm surprised we haven't seen a thread yet about Ellsbury getting thrown out at third with two outs.  Just a matter of time.  I figure the guy has got to sleep some time, even Softlaw. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Maybe he's still in the bathroom throwing up after the lead-off home run and hasn't seen the rest of the game yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to My Question to the Posters:
    [QUOTE]When things go well, where is Andrewmitch and Softy?  Softy has been posting all day and he disappears when the Sox scored first.  I'd be willing to bet he would be all over the forum had the Yanks won tonight.  Does anyone else notice this?
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

JIM!!!!

My first post from the donut shop during break!!!   Woohooo!

I also followed the game on my new (used) laptop.  I am still cheap and don't pay for the audio on gameday .... but I could check the screen as I went from one run of donuts to the next!!!  

Great going tonight.

AM and Softy only live in the world of negative strengths.  It's folks like them that made ancient Greeks and Mesopotamians (and a host of others...) consider that there must be a darkness to the obviously bright things .....

Not sure I can do this every night, but it sure was cool tonight!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: My Question to the Posters:
    [QUOTE]Maybe he's still in the bathroom throwing up after the lead-off home run and hasn't seen the rest of the game yet.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Many of his posts give me the same reaction.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Softy's back, he's betterdeadthanred or something like that.
    When the world ends (Oct. 21 now, right?), all that's left will be cockroaches, Keith Richards, and Softy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: Tuesday Game Thread

Red Sox at Yankees Lester

vs. Garcia

posted at 6/7/2011 5:02 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=dd631d3ce63e35c4337446049e684876&plckUserId=dd631d3ce63e35c4337446049e684876">
    First: 6/7/2011
    Last: 6/8/2011
    Yankees have been playing well, Sox have been wobbling with the sweep at the hands of the White Sox and the weak performances against the weaker team A's in Boston.

Both teams have the top offenses in baseball, as usual, so it will come down to the quality of the pitching and defense behind the pitching, and the execution of the fundamentals on offensive execution with RISP.

Garcia is a retread who has a decent early quarter. Lester has not had his best form of late. One game does not make a trend, but the Red Sox have a slight probability advantage because of the starting pitchers.

Game 2  This will be Wastfield's first real test, and he has the benefit of being babied like the old man he is. He hasn't pitched much this year, and will have a full week off since his last marginal outing where he hit a batter and gave up 7 hits and one walk and a homer in 6 innings and a 98 pitch outing.

AJ has been fair since his embarrassing 2010, and the Yankees most certainly are the significant probability favorites in this matchup. A better move would be to DL Wakefield and give the start to Doubrant, a lefty in a lefty hitters paradise.

Game 3 Beckett and CC  slight probability advantage to the Yankees, and this game will probably be the tipping point in this 3 game series outcome. Despite Beckett's strong form against the Yankees this year, his form has not been quite as shart of late.

Red Sox have a strong 5-1 early advantage in this critical year long series, and will need to take at least one to maintain that strong advantage. Because the Red Sox only need to win one to only lose a single game to the Yankees in the standings, yet still maitain the upper hand on this season long series, there is plenty of extra pressure riding on the Yankees to sweep this series. 

The Red Sox have strong lefty hitting in a lefty paradise, so I like the Red Sox to win 2 out of 3 with some timely long balls to the little league porch. All lefty hitters need to pad their homer totals on this visit, as even a scatback can dink one into that short porch.
    Well, Jim, I won't claim to be as good a poster as Softy, but I think this prescient post was pretty much on the money, my dear friend.

I had my Dad record it, so I could walk 9 holes after work, this evening. I holed a knock down 6 iron from 160 years for an eagle 2 on my 3rd hole, and cruised to a 35 on a 3558 Par 36 Nine hold round. I've been trying to get Tim Wastefield to play me for some of that money he's stealing from the Red Sox, since he claims to be a low single digit handicapper. I've seen him on the Golf Channel, and looks like one of those phony single digit handicappers who rolls it in the fairways and takes those "gimmes". It was in the low 90's, had the course to myself. The ball was carrying a long ways, but the fairways weren't mowed in the last three days so there wasn't the 50 yard roll like you see for those 300 plus yard PGA Tour drives onto fairway double cut to near green height and firmness.

I saw where a guy posted a different viewpoint on the "12 year old petition for Red Sox anti-bully thread" and I can't find his posts anymore? I guess only certain viewpoints are allowed on here. Oh well, The Red Sox did what I thought they would do, thanks to Lester and the Wastefield less pen and Ortiz and Gonzo. Great defensive clutch play by Youk, which most certainly was a game changer in the early innings with the bases loaded and a 4-1. If he pulls a Bellsbury or Lowrie on that one the game is 4-3 and the trajectory changes. Kudos to Youk, a real workhorse core team member.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Elles might not have got thrown out at 3rd today if he didn't look over his shoulder so long - yeesh.  I am quite sure your not supposed to look over your shoulder at that particular point.

I like Ellesbury so it does not matter to me what people say.  I do know that the CC signing 100% guarantees what the FO plans to do with Elles long-term. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

You are correct, Burrito. And may I say that there isn't anyting wrong with liking or disliking Ellsbury. I do appreciate your objective candor, something that is lacking on this board.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

[QUOTE]You are correct, Burrito. And may I say that there isn't anyting wrong with liking or disliking Ellsbury. I do appreciate your objective candor, something that is lacking on this board.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]
    Undecided

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

First off the are trolls and that is why you just ignore them.

Ellsbury is perfectly likable, I mean all the ladies love him are you guys jealous? He is a solid leadoff hitter who is showing real potential, he has real speed on the base baths and he can even break out the long ball once in a while. His arm could be better, but that is the only fault I really see in him. It's very rare to find a guy will a rocket arm from the OF who also has all the other abilities Ells brings to the table. Ellsbury should be applauded for what he has done for this team so far. Ells will probably be here for 2 more years while he is under control and then Boras might try to screw us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 7/13/2009
    Last: 6/7/2011
    Softy's back, he's betterdeadthanred or something like that.
    When the world ends (Oct. 21 now, right?), all that's left will be cockroaches, Keith Richards, and Softy.

Ha!   That's funny Lloyd!  But Softy will be alone, cuz Richards knows how to handle roaches ......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]LloydDobler Posts: 6888 First: 7/13/2009 Last: 6/7/2011 Softy's back, he's betterdeadthanred or something like that. When the world ends (Oct. 21 now, right?), all that's left will be cockroaches, Keith Richards, and Softy. Ha!   That's funny Lloyd!  But Softy will be alone, cuz Richards knows how to handle roaches ......
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

But snorting Softlaw's ashes may finally do him in. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

My point freediro was is I support Elles, and I said in the winter this would be the year he would show us exactly what he could do - and I said it had to be this year because the FO and fans were becoming restless with Jacoby, and that Crawfords presence would force Elles to elevate his game.

I remain convinced he is not a long-term fixture here at Fenway now that Crawford is here.

I have been entirely right, as I often am when I make baseball talk.  And as I have often admitted I don't always make ball talk... but unlike losmediasrojas who has nominated himself the most popular guy on the forum he NEVER makes ball talk nor does he have the capability to know the difference between his azz fand his elbow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Re: Tuesday Game Thread Red Sox at Yankees Lester vs. Garcia posted at 6/7/2011 5:02 PM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=dd631d3ce63e35c4337446049e684876&plckUserId=dd631d3ce63e35c4337446049e684876 " /> betterredthandead Posts: 30 First: 6/7/2011 Last: 6/8/2011 Yankees have been playing well, Sox have been wobbling with the sweep at the hands of the White Sox and the weak performances against the weaker team A's in Boston. Both teams have the top offenses in baseball, as usual, so it will come down to the quality of the pitching and defense behind the pitching, and the execution of the fundamentals on offensive execution with RISP. Garcia is a retread who has a decent early quarter. Lester has not had his best form of late. One game does not make a trend, but the Red Sox have a slight probability advantage because of the starting pitchers . Game 2  This will be Wastfield's first real test, and he has the benefit of being babied like the old man he is. He hasn't pitched much this year, and will have a full week off since his last marginal outing where he hit a batter and gave up 7 hits and one walk and a homer in 6 innings and a 98 pitch outing. AJ has been fair since his embarrassing 2010, and the Yankees most certainly are the significant probability favorites in this matchup. A better move would be to DL Wakefield and give the start to Doubrant, a lefty in a lefty hitters paradise. Game 3 Beckett and CC  slight probability advantage to the Yankees, and this game will probably be the tipping point in this 3 game series outcome. Despite Beckett's strong form against the Yankees this year, his form has not been quite as shart of late. Red Sox have a strong 5-1 early advantage in this critical year long series, and will need to take at least one to maintain that strong advantage. Because the Red Sox only need to win one to only lose a single game to the Yankees in the standings, yet still maitain the upper hand on this season long series, there is plenty of extra pressure riding on the Yankees to sweep this series.  The Red Sox have strong lefty hitting in a lefty paradise, so I like the Red Sox to win 2 out of 3 with some timely long balls to the little league porch . All lefty hitters need to pad their homer totals on this visit, as even a scatback can dink one into that short porch . Well, Jim, I won't claim to be as good a poster as Softy, but I think this prescient post was pretty much on the money, my dear friend. I had my Dad record it, so I could walk 9 holes after work, this evening. I holed a knock down 6 iron from 160 years for an eagle 2 on my 3rd hole, and cruised to a 35 on a 3558 Par 36 Nine hold round. I've been trying to get Tim Wastefield to play me for some of that money he's stealing from the Red Sox, since he claims to be a low single digit handicapper. I've seen him on the Golf Channel, and looks like one of those phony single digit handicappers who rolls it in the fairways and takes those "gimmes". It was in the low 90's, had the course to myself. The ball was carrying a long ways, but the fairways weren't mowed in the last three days so there wasn't the 50 yard roll like you see for those 300 plus yard PGA Tour drives onto fairway double cut to near green height and firmness. I saw where a guy posted a different viewpoint on the "12 year old petition for Red Sox anti-bully thread" and I can't find his posts anymore? I guess only certain viewpoints are allowed on here. Oh well, The Red Sox did what I thought they would do, thanks to Lester and the Wastefield less pen and Ortiz and Gonzo. Great defensive clutch play by Youk, which most certainly was a game changer in the early innings with the bases loaded and a 4-1. If he pulls a Bellsbury or Lowrie on that one the game is 4-3 and the trajectory changes. Kudos to Youk, a real workhorse core team member.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

Sure Softy.  And I caught two sailfish off the coast to add to my trophy fish collection.  I guess your knockdown 6 iron is in such good form that you and Tony Romo might qualify for the US Open this year.  Way to go.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

i know i'll make a lot of friends with this one, but what the heck.
    DICE hasn't left the SOX; he's now throwing left-handed and has changed his name to LESTER.

8-2; a very deceiving record. lucky for lefty that a-rod and jones were in the line-up last night. this is LESTER'S 6th straight non-quality start. anybody concerned?

one more thing--the SOX need a SS.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]i know i'll make a lot of friends with this one, but what the heck. DICE hasn't left the SOX; he's now throwing left-handed and has changed his name to LESTER. 8-2; a very deceiving record. lucky for lefty that a-rod and jones were in the line-up last night. this is LESTER'S 6th straight non-quality start. anybody concerned? one more thing--the SOX need a SS.
    Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]

He got through 6 innings without his best stuff...basically the fastball command.  It is concerning.  However, your framing of the story is nonsense, as usual.  How are the Sox lucky that these players are in the lineup?  It is a ridiculous, throw away line.  Arod is the starting 3b.  Who would be in his place?  Sorry, the Yanks were on a roll and got beat in their building last night.  Lester did enough to get the win and the bullpen did the job.  The Sox are fine at shortstop.  If the Sox need one, the Yanks need one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

hey travis, what's nonsense about 6 straight mediocre starts from the supposed ace of the staff?
    don't you ever take off your pink sunglasses?
    you're avatar would be so disappointed in you.

and the SOX are not 'fine' at SS.

i may have to send the BAD LIEUTENANT over to your house.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Don't worry, we have a HUGE payroll and there is a wildcard spot available. Can we just skip the rest of the 100+ games and get to Setptember? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AS DAD WOULD SAY......  "SON, THAT SOFTY IS NOT A BAD GUY, HE KNOWS HIS BASEBALL" !!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]hey travis, what's nonsense about 6 straight mediocre starts from the supposed ace of the staff? don't you ever take off your pink sunglasses? you're avatar would be so disappointed in you. and the SOX are not 'fine' at SS. i may have to send the BAD LIEUTENANT over to your house.
    Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]

The nonsense is comparing him to Dice K.  But you knew that already.  Why ask dumb questions?  And, in my opinion, the Sox are fine at SS.  Your opinion may differ but it is of no concern to me.  How many more Harey Keitel movies do you intend to name, just so I know?

I am not the type of fan who needs a superstar at every position.  Lowrie and Scutaro can get the job done.  You see, the team is at the top of the division with them at SS.  So, I guess the team can win with either of them there.