Napoli rumors again.....this time to Texas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Napoli rumors again.....this time to Texas

Rangers could be suitors for Mike Napoli

ESPN's Buster Olney was told by some executives that they expect the Rangers to emerge as the Red Sox' biggest competition for Mike Napoli.

Olney notes that Napoli's play at first base this season was an "eye-opener" for scouts. Napoli wound up having to settle for a one-year deal after concerns about a chronic hip injury arose, but he had a nice year and stayed healthy in 2013. He'll cash in big this offseason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Napoli rumors again.....this time to Texas

I read this morning that Sox offered him one yr deal once aagain.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to pinkoutagainstbreastcancer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That information came from Napoli's agent. Napoli's fishing for more money offers needs to go well, which means 2 years or more. Since he'll cost other teams a pick, his agent will need to tell get over some big lies on someone. I hope another team goes 2 years so the Red Sox get the pick, but that will take Napoli hooking a GM sucker fish.

[/QUOTE]

Tick Tock...Tick Tock....Tick Tock.....  Stalker....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, Texas have an awful alot of positions to fill in.  They need a 1b, C, maybe two outfielders if Murphy and Cruz leaves, and a closer.  I think they rather to fix the OF's and C first before worry about 1B cuz 1b is always an easy solution!~!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If that's what they're sticking to, he'll be walking (along with our three other FA's, it looks increasingly likely). The draft picks will be nice, but I'm interested in seeing what they have in mind for first base...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If that's what they're sticking to, he'll be walking (along with our three other FA's, it looks increasingly likely). The draft picks will be nice, but I'm interested in seeing what they have in mind for first base...

[/QUOTE]
    Agree.  If they don't resign Napoli I am not sure who the Red Sox would sign to replace him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Agree.  If they don't resign Napoli I am not sure who the Red Sox would sign to replace him.

[/QUOTE]

Red Sox have alot of solution on how to fix 1b.   Via trade, or find someone cheap via free agency, etc

Do not worry.  If these F's are after for big time contract at elsewhere, that is not a big loss for the Red Sox!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the Sox are seriously after Carlos Beltran for the OF,  then Nava would be the full time 1B were Napoli to leave via FA.  Outfield would be Beltran in left,  Bradley Jr in center,  Victorino in right.  Also,  if Drew stays,  that puts Bogaerts at 3B...  which bumps Middlebrooks most likely to be a 1B. 

Lots of options...  but need to see what Napoli & Drew's intentions are first.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportswizard1. Show Sportswizard1's posts

The Sox are not in a desperate position having both Nava and Carp and I'd imagine maybe even Gomes if necessary to play the position, but I think of all the FA's Napoli is the guy I think stays in Boston. Salty is a good guy and though he can't catch for beans he at least upped his caught stealing percentage from the year before. Though that is a position of strength in the system. Drew has Boras for an agent so nuff said he most likely doesn't return, but never say never with the Drew family as they seem to have some sort of evidence of wrong doing on the Sox and always come bouncing back like the proverbial rubber ball. Ells is gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]Rangers could be suitors for Mike Napoli

ESPN's Buster Olney was told by some executives that they expect the Rangers to emerge as the Red Sox' biggest competition for Mike Napoli.

Olney notes that Napoli's play at first base this season was an "eye-opener" for scouts. Napoli wound up having to settle for a one-year deal after concerns about a chronic hip injury arose, but he had a nice year and stayed healthy in 2013. He'll cash in big this offseason.[/QUOTE]

Good, I don't think we'll feel the breeze for his swing and miss game. Let him go Dam !! If the grass is greener in Texas ..so be it ...move on... Sox should tell Naps.... Go and be happier then you were here for millions.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

The sox need at least 2 big bats to replace Ellsbury's and nap's bats.  They do not have to play 1B and CF, but they need the bats.  Theoritically(sp) they would both hit in the top 5 hitters.  Of FA's, besides jake and naps, I think McCann, Beltran, Choo, Cano, and Maybe 1 or two others qualify.  There is also trades....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

The guy was a great 1B and hit the ball well (when he made contact)....so really...what's not to like?  Why not sign him for 3 years and move him to DH should Papi retire?  I hardly think Napps will handcuff us for years and years, preventing us from other moves....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Olney notes that Napoli's play at first base this season was an "eye-opener" for scouts. Napoli wound up having to settle for a one-year deal after concerns about a chronic hip injury arose, but he had a nice year and stayed healthy in 2013. He'll cash in big this offseason.[/QUOTE]

Good, I don't think we'll feel the breeze for his swing and miss game. Let him go Dam !! If the grass is greener in Texas ..so be it ...move on... Sox should tell Naps.... Go and be happier then you were here for millions.

[/QUOTE]

Why are you upset with Napoli because the Ranger may be interested?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why are you upset with Napoli because the Ranger may be interested?

[/QUOTE]

Not upset with Naps ... Just hope Texas is serious and signs the wiffing wizard.And takes his cousin Drew with him...

16. This post has been removed.