Navarro

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Navarro

Navarro should replace Scut if he sticks.
    Whatever happened to the 2010 luv of Mac?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Navarro:
    [QUOTE]Navarro should replace Scut if he sticks. Whatever happened to the 2010 luv of Mac?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    Mainly, Navarro should not spend too much time on the bench .  He probably has better basic tools than Scutaro and Lowrie. Maybe he can spell one of them and Youkilis now and then to get his PA's.  
    He could be the SS in waiting if Iglesias doesn't make it.  If for some reason, the Sox and Ortiz don't come to terms, he could be slotted at third, with Youkilis moving to DH.
    I think that this kid should be handled with care.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Navarro : Mainly, Navarro should not spend too much time on the bench .  He probably has better basic tools than Scutaro and Lowrie. Maybe he can spell one of them and Youkilis now and then to get his PA's.   He could be the SS in waiting if Iglesias doesn't make it.  If for some reason, the Sox and Ortiz don't come to terms, he could be slotted at third, with Youkilis moving to DH. I think that this kid should be handled with care.
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

I like UR optimism, my friend. And UR point is important.
    I don't like to look too far ahead. That's how I lose my way.
    He'll be eased in with CC/Lowrie on the DL. Maybe short-term platoon w/Sutton for part time. But he won't see many at bats until he is either chosen over Mac to platoon with Drew, or Scut goes down, which is always very possible.

I'm sure the team wants to see what they have in this kid. He's off to a nice start.
    He's gonna have to pull a Reddick to avoid a demotion by the AS break.
    All's he has to do this time up is show Tito he is reliable in the field and not an offensive liability. If he's sent down once CC/Lowrie returns, he'll be back as others go down/DL.

I just want to see him as SS. I recall from 2010 he has good range and a very strong arm. At first glance, he looks to have added some bulk. If so, it may slow him up in the field. But if the team is projecting him for outfield or jack-of-all-positions, he'll have to hit some.

Man, that dinger must have felt good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Trade Lowrie

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Trade Lowrie
    Posted by redsoxcorpseman[/QUOTE]

Navarro needs the playing time to get back to where he was before the DL stint. Id like to see him in AAA til that can happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

he looks to have added some bulk. If so, it may slow him up in the field. But if the team is projecting him for outfield or jack-of-all-positions, he'll have to hit some.
    i have read that although he has added bulk, his range is yet to suffer. I have also read that he could add some more bulk even, and become a third baseman type player, maybe outfielder.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

Hold your enthusiasm.  Navarro was struggling mightily at Pawsox since coming back from DL. 2 for 27 dropped his average from .320 to .258.  He may be no better than D-Mac who batted .440 at Pautucket.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Navarro:
    [QUOTE]Hell, after one at bat Navarro has my unwanted vote to replace the useless McDonald. Bring back Pedro to fill McDonald's roster spot. All will be good so long as he is GONE.
    Posted by teddybaseball009[/QUOTE]

I have read a few posters suggesting Navarro and Reddick will only be average major league players which could be true but they deserve a chance to prove people right or wrong.  The reality is we have certain positions on our team that are occupied by aging or average players. 

If we can improve on any area of our team we should.

You are only as strong as your weakest link!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The scouting report on him shows a lot of upside in the field and at bat.  I'm just glad he's getting a shot right now--that is, if he actually gets to play. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Lowrie, as I have been saying for 2 years, really needs to move to 3B and stay there.  He also needs to quit hitting left-handed, but that is another story.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Lowrie, as I have been saying for 2 years, really needs to move to 3B and stay there.  He also needs to quit hitting left-handed, but that is another story.
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

I agree notin, Lowrie is a good hitter from the right side and his defense is adequate but not amazing.  He could be a good trade piece and the odd man out at some point if a guy like Navarro sticks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I think Navarro is up for good.  The Sox have been grooming him as a super-sub - playing the OF in Pawtucket.  He's at least as good a RH bat as McDonald, and a far more versatile fielder.  I say McDonald is out and Navarro handles both IF and OF subs the rest of the way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Jed Lowrie : a swith-hitting Tim Naehring ?

You sharp-eyed fans need to please do me a favor. Watch Navarro play short today and report on how he looks; range, pivot, hands, arm.

I can't get game here and have a very inquiring mind as to Yamaico's ya-makeup.
    With Scutaro's arm almost dead, Lowrie on DL (Again), and Iggy learning what a baseball bat is for, Navarro could be a KEY piece if can handle pressure at ML level.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Lowrie, as I have been saying for 2 years, really needs to move to 3B and stay there. He also needs to quit hitting left-handed, but that is another story.

That's what some old hateful poster named Softlaw said, back in 2008.

Offer Ellsbury, Lowrie, Doubrant or Weiland, and another RH prospect bat, if needed, for Kemp.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

With all due respect, look at Navarro's minor league numbers before projecting him as a factor on this Redsox team. He is bulking up a lot right now and in the future I think his best slot is as a 3rd baseman but I'm guessing he is a Bill Hall type supersub over time. He is starting to even look like Ortiz. Same background. Same locale. This one is very difficult to project.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Navarro's minor league stats:

.280 BA  .350 OBP  .432 SLG  .780 OPS 6 seasons: 1897 AB's

Pretty damn good for a SS.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]I think Navarro is up for good.  The Sox have been grooming him as a super-sub - playing the OF in Pawtucket.  He's at least as good a RH bat as McDonald, and a far more versatile fielder.  I say McDonald is out and Navarro handles both IF and OF subs the rest of the way.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]
    Put yourself in Navarro's place. If you were his age and with ML credentials, would you welcome grooming as a super-sub?  That role is appropriate for people like Bill Hall, who are on their way down or out.  Maybe it would be OK for the remainder of this year ( maybe ) as long as he got enough PA's playing short, third, and the outfield.  Even so, the best thing for his future is to put him in a position and keep him there. Maybe he makes it in Boston in that slot. Maybe he gets traded and has a chance to play every day.  Between that and a role as a super-sub, which one would you choose?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He was playing the outfield in AAA due to injuries to others. He wasn't being groomed for it. He's a short stop with added value due to his versaltility.

He's played a grand total of 11 games in the outfield.
    He has some experience at 3rd, which may be his best position down the line if he hits enough.

But the majority of his minor league career (5 seasons) has been at short stop.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Navarro : Mainly, Navarro should not spend too much time on the bench .  He probably has better basic tools than Scutaro and Lowrie. Maybe he can spell one of them and Youkilis now and then to get his PA's.   He could be the SS in waiting if Iglesias doesn't make it.  If for some reason, the Sox and Ortiz don't come to terms, he could be slotted at third, with Youkilis moving to DH. I think that this kid should be handled with care.
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

AGREED, AGREED, AGREED....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Navarro : I like UR optimism, my friend. And UR point is important. I don't like to look too far ahead. That's how I lose my way. He'll be eased in with CC/Lowrie on the DL. Maybe short-term platoon w/Sutton for part time. But he won't see many at bats until he is either chosen over Mac to platoon with Drew, or Scut goes down, which is always very possible. I'm sure the team wants to see what they have in this kid. He's off to a nice start. He's gonna have to pull a Reddick to avoid a demotion by the AS break. All's he has to do this time up is show Tito he is reliable in the field and not an offensive liability. If he's sent down once CC/Lowrie returns, he'll be back as others go down/DL. I just want to see him as SS. I recall from 2010 he has good range and a very strong arm. At first glance, he looks to have added some bulk. If so, it may slow him up in the field. But if the team is projecting him for outfield or jack-of-all-positions, he'll have to hit some. Man, that dinger must have felt good.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

"Man, that dinger must have felt good."

hell yeah!
    hemustve been smilin pretty wide inside.
    i was smilin pretty wide outside

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Navarro : I have read a few posters suggesting Navarro and Reddick will only be average major league players which could be true but they deserve a chance to prove people right or wrong.  The reality is we have certain positions on our team that are occupied by aging or average players.  If we can improve on any area of our team we should. You are only as strong as your weakest link!
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

"If we can improve on any area of our team we should."

the voice of reason!
    that's been my mantra too.
    it's about the champinship, not who is making more dollars or "we cant spend any more"