Nelson Cruz asking 4- $75 mil

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Nelson Cruz asking 4- $75 mil

In response to chris2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will just say, unreal, I would say something else but can't write it. I thought Peralta's contract for a PED user was a bit much, but Cruz, what can I say other than it's ok to take a 50 game suspension as long as you put up the numbers, they will pay anyways. Wow!!!

[/QUOTE]

Its about owners making money at all costs.  They dont care.  its the world of MLB.  I love that san fran didnt let melky come back like detroit did with peralta for the playoffs.  He got a vacation and then comes back for the playoffs to show case himself for another big ticket.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Hopefully, the guys that built their careers, by using PEDs, will stop using them when they get tested each month, and deliver pre-PEDs results to the teams that paid them post-PEDs salaries.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hopefully, the guys that built their careers, by using PEDs, will stop using them when they get tested each month, and deliver pre-PEDs results to the teams that paid them post-PEDs salaries.

[/QUOTE]

Joe its a type of fraud.  The league should sue them to recoup their cash. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I would think not a single guilty player would have gotten more than a one year deal to see how things evolved for that players behavior - before anyone rewarded them long-term for their ability

Napoli gets one year for a bad hip but Cruz and Peralta get multi-years for cheating

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Nelson Cruz paid the standard sanction worked out in negotiations between management and the players union. Now Cruz is open to whatever the market will bear. Some teams may refuse to tender Cruz an offer because of the PED suspension, but in a relatively free market each team can make a decision on whether to pursue Cruz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

It blows my mind that the Rangers gave him a QO. Nelson Cruz is the worst player in the QO group. His last 3 seasons, he has been less then a 1.5 WAR player. He is 33 years old as I type. He cost the Rangers a World Series because of his bad defense. He doesn't walk. The only thing he brings to the table is some power and bat, yet even there he has just a 808 OPS the last 3 seasons and a road OPS of 731.

I would offer him something just above Jonny Gomes....2 years at 7 million. Thats 10 times less money. And that offer doesn't even take PED's into account. And I think I prefer Gomez at that price.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Joe its a type of fraud.  The league should sue them to recoup their cash. 

[/QUOTE]

The league encouraged for years and even when they started testing the punishments where are joke. The owners would owe the league to Sosa and McGwire. Don't forget how damaging 1994 was, they benefited as much as player did from steriods.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nelson Cruz paid the standard sanction worked out in negotiations between management and the players union. Now Cruz is open to whatever the market will bear. Some teams may refuse to tender Cruz an offer because of the PED suspension, but in a relatively free market each team can make a decision on whether to pursue Cruz.

[/QUOTE]

Man you are boring Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

The league encouraged for years and even when they started testing the punishments where are joke. The owners would owe the league to Sosa and McGwire. Don't forget how damaging 1994 was, they benefited as much as player did from steriods.

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Give it a rest with the 1994 and the Sosa/McGwire chase.... that was a hundred years ago by todays society. 

You make it sound as if baseball didn't exist prior, nor could it succeed now without Sosa.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BMav's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It blows my mind that the Rangers gave him a QO. Nelson Cruz is the worst player in the QO group. His last 3 seasons, he has been less then a 1.5 WAR player. He is 33 years old as I type. He cost the Rangers a World Series because of his bad defense. He doesn't walk. The only thing he brings to the table is some power and bat, yet even there he has just a 808 OPS the last 3 seasons and a road OPS of 731.

I would offer him something just above Jonny Gomes....2 years at 7 million. Thats 10 times less money. And that offer doesn't even take PED's into account. And I think I prefer Gomez at that price.

[/QUOTE]

I think K Morales is the worst QO free agent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BMav's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're right, his value numbers stink...I think Cruz is in for quite a letdown.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, we understand how it works. The question I think is, should there be a modification to the rules?

1st time offender, you are done for the year without pay and can only return the next year on a 1yr deal with multiple random tests throughout the year. if you test dirty a second time, go get another career.

Now, I think some guys take certain protien powders and other supplements that they dont realize are bad and if they can prove thats what they took, then the penalty shouldnt be as harsh, burt still a penalty for being an idiot. MLB should also put out a list of OTC products that are deemed OK.

If you want to stop it, you have to make the penalty severe. If your a player that doesnt participate in PED use and are extremely careful with what you ingest, you should have no issues.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I guess Cruz had extra time (50 games) to think about his free agency during his suspension.   LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Free agents and their representatives know that Major League Baseball is awash in new television revenues and want their share of the new money.

The vast majority of MLB players -- those with less than six years of MLB service -- will have little opportunity this offseason to share in that new wealth. The existing Collective Bargaining Agreement pretty much sets the salaries for players with less than three years of MLB service. Players with at least three but less than six years of MLB service are entitled to arbitration which by the rules uses the salaries of past arbitration-eligible players as the proper comps. Of course, the past comps came before the influx of new television revenues.

I sometimes think the MLB salary bubble might burst, but to be more precise, I suspect the television revenue bubble might burst. Media outlets could default on their obligations to MLB teams if their advertising revenues fall far short in an over-saturated media market. If the television revenue bubble bursts, the MLB salary bubble might follow.