Never a middle line ....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Never a middle line ....

Aristotle would be completely befuddled by Sox and Yanqui fans ...

after CC got snuffed in game 1 of 162, NYC media cancelled their support for the season.

the Red Sox take 2 of 3 and since it was largely small ball, concerns are abounding over not enough power ....

Folks were pondering if the Sox were that good or if the Bombers were that bad ...

In the first three games - we have had everything addressed except a sensible pleasure of beating the Rival in a series that showed that pitching is strong in certain spots, our prospects are playing like big leaguers (oh, the screaming about who will be sent down when ... )

I am pleased so far.

I wish we could have gotten to Andy, but the guy seems to be back on his horse again.

But I would have been more or less stunned if we had swept the series.

Heck of a lot better than being down 0-3 ...

Now we see if we can play against the new uber team of the division.

Canadians are laying in wait for Farrell ... even though several fans were very clear that they were glad he was gone.

An expert in the field, Sophia Loren was quoted, "Sex appeal is 50% what you've got and 50% what people think you've got." 

I think it is funny that so often our fandom seems to be sure the know about 90% of the reason the season will stink and 90% sure no one else can figure it out like them ...

GO Sox!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Never a middle line ....

I try to stay on an even keel. Sure, as soon as Jon Lester threw his first strike, I grabbed my tent and went to camp out at the Ticket Office for World Series tickets.

But I don't think that's overreacting.

InnocentWink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Interesting take Yaz.  Andy was strong and the yanks sure wanted the win but I'm not sure leaving him in so long was a good idea.  Long outings may catch up with him in august and september.  Time will tell.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

I try to stay on an even keel. Sure, as soon as Jon Lester threw his first strike, I grabbed my tent and went to camp out at the Ticket Office for World Series tickets.

InnocentWink

Hehe ... I'm not saying I"m not excited.  I am sure glad to see how the team seems to be working together.

I believe the tems is optimistic ... which is a hair cut short of fanatic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Interesting take Yaz.  Andy was strong and the yanks sure wanted the win but I'm not sure leaving him in so long was a good idea.  Long outings may catch up with him in august and september.  Time will tell.

Excellent thought ... I had not even considered that.   He has had a great history as a work horse   but he has worn down ... he's not that young Tongue Out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

well, from the neck up he's definitely all horse.

Ahh, better put than I did ....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Well, maybe I better stop being so cautious ... Roy, got room in that tent?

{8oD

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

InnocentWink

I always go into every endeavor expecting to be successful.  I don't understand why that is not the normal reaction for everyone.  How did these people remain RS fans from 1963-2003, if they are so miserable now?  Or did they simply enjoy losing more than winning?  Maybe because they had low pressure of low expectations?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

InnocentWink

I always go into every endeavor expecting to be successful.  I don't understand why that is not the normal reaction for everyone.  How did these people remain RS fans from 1963-2003, if they are so miserable now?  Or did they simply enjoy losing more than winning?  Maybe because they had low pressure of low expectations?

Joe,

A paragraph I can neither add to to make better or disagree with at all.

Each point is spot on.

Enjoy the season, friend!  It looks better and beter.  I didn't see Farrell as a terrific choice before BV.  Now I see him as that guy who understands the pitchers, has the where with all to make a difference with them.  I was satisfied with that, but the work he and his staff have put in for fielding as well as focus on batting acumen is already apparent.  Makes me feel very confident.