Never Make the 3rd out going for 3rd: Tito, Please post this on Bellsbury's Back!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Never Make the 3rd out going for 3rd: Tito, Please post this on Bellsbury's Back!

Also, tell him to stop playing deep CF and playing bloop hits on the big easy hop. Drew is a master OF'er who will sweep behind on any bloop hits. Also tell him to stop relying on just his speed on steal attempts, his jumps are poor and his percentages on getting caught are way too high!

Tell him congratulations on padding his HR total, with the dinker, like I said all lefty hitters should do with the little league porch.

And tell him to wipe that smirk off his face.

Tell him to be a personal attendant to Drew and pay attention to how a major league OF is supposed to be played.

And tell him Crawford is ready to take his leadoff job, long term, and the Red Sox will not creat a big contract market by bidding against the few NL bigger markets that will make the mistake on his FA contract bid. The farm is loaded with lefty scatbacks and the team needs a solid young RH OF'er. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, "Ells". 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Re: Never Make the 3rd out going for 3rd: Tito, Please post this on Bellsbury's Back!

This is from JimDavis's "My question to posters" thread:

posted at 6/7/2011 11:20 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=b7c85f03834e19317b4b508d616fc7f2&plckUserId=b7c85f03834e19317b4b508d616fc7f2">
    First: 9/11/2009
    Last: 6/8/2011

And I'm surprised we haven't seen a thread yet about Ellsbury getting thrown out at third with two outs.  Just a matter of time.  I figure the guy has got to sleep some time, even Softlaw. 

Y'see, I tend to stay away from making baseball predictions.  I like to predict more of a sure thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: Never Make the 3rd out going for 3rd: Tito, Please post this on Bellsbury's Back!

Los, how prescient is the below comment, late yesterday afternoon:

Re: Tuesday Game Thread Red Sox at Yankees Lester vs. Garcia

posted at 6/7/2011 5:02 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=dd631d3ce63e35c4337446049e684876&plckUserId=dd631d3ce63e35c4337446049e684876">
    First: 6/7/2011
    Last: 6/8/2011
    Yankees have been playing well, Sox have been wobbling with the sweep at the hands of the White Sox and the weak performances against the weaker team A's in Boston.

Both teams have the top offenses in baseball, as usual, so it will come down to the quality of the pitching and defense behind the pitching, and the execution of the fundamentals on offensive execution with RISP.

Garcia is a retread who has a decent early quarter. Lester has not had his best form of late. One game does not make a trend, but the Red Sox have a slight probability advantage because of the starting pitchers.

Game 2  This will be Wastfield's first real test, and he has the benefit of being babied like the old man he is. He hasn't pitched much this year, and will have a full week off since his last marginal outing where he hit a batter and gave up 7 hits and one walk and a homer in 6 innings and a 98 pitch outing.

AJ has been fair since his embarrassing 2010, and the Yankees most certainly are the significant probability favorites in this matchup. A better move would be to DL Wakefield and give the start to Doubrant, a lefty in a lefty hitters paradise.

Game 3 Beckett and CC  slight probability advantage to the Yankees, and this game will probably be the tipping point in this 3 game series outcome. Despite Beckett's strong form against the Yankees this year, his form has not been quite as shart of late.

Red Sox have a strong 5-1 early advantage in this critical year long series, and will need to take at least one to maintain that strong advantage. Because the Red Sox only need to win one to only lose a single game to the Yankees in the standings, yet still maitain the upper hand on this season long series, there is plenty of extra pressure riding on the Yankees to sweep this series. 

The Red Sox have strong lefty hitting in a lefty paradise, so I like the Red Sox to win 2 out of 3 with some timely long balls to the little league porch. All lefty hitters need to pad their homer totals on this visit, as even a

scatback can dink one into that

short porch
    They should fire Theo and hire me, seriously.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: Never Make the 3rd out going for 3rd: Tito, Please post this on Bellsbury's Back!:
    [QUOTE]Los, how prescient is the below comment, late yesterday afternoon: Re: Tuesday Game Thread Red Sox at Yankees Lester vs. Garcia posted at 6/7/2011 5:02 PM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=dd631d3ce63e35c4337446049e684876&plckUserId=dd631d3ce63e35c4337446049e684876 " /> betterredthandead Posts: 37 First: 6/7/2011 Last: 6/8/2011 Yankees have been playing well, Sox have been wobbling with the sweep at the hands of the White Sox and the weak performances against the weaker team A's in Boston. Both teams have the top offenses in baseball, as usual, so it will come down to the quality of the pitching and defense behind the pitching, and the execution of the fundamentals on offensive execution with RISP. Garcia is a retread who has a decent early quarter. Lester has not had his best form of late. One game does not make a trend, but the Red Sox have a slight probability advantage because of the starting pitchers . Game 2  This will be Wastfield's first real test, and he has the benefit of being babied like the old man he is. He hasn't pitched much this year, and will have a full week off since his last marginal outing where he hit a batter and gave up 7 hits and one walk and a homer in 6 innings and a 98 pitch outing. AJ has been fair since his embarrassing 2010, and the Yankees most certainly are the significant probability favorites in this matchup. A better move would be to DL Wakefield and give the start to Doubrant, a lefty in a lefty hitters paradise. Game 3 Beckett and CC  slight probability advantage to the Yankees, and this game will probably be the tipping point in this 3 game series outcome. Despite Beckett's strong form against the Yankees this year, his form has not been quite as shart of late. Red Sox have a strong 5-1 early advantage in this critical year long series, and will need to take at least one to maintain that strong advantage. Because the Red Sox only need to win one to only lose a single game to the Yankees in the standings, yet still maitain the upper hand on this season long series, there is plenty of extra pressure riding on the Yankees to sweep this series.  The Red Sox have strong lefty hitting in a lefty paradise, so I like the Red Sox to win 2 out of 3 with some timely long balls to the little league porch . All lefty hitters need to pad their homer totals on this visit, as even a scatback can dink one into that short porch . They should fire Theo and hire me, seriously.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

I actually remember reading it earlier and didn't disagree with all of it, except for disliking that patented Softlaw tone with the unnecessary targeted side ribbing.  Anyway, so you were right about something and it wasn't exactly a major revelation.  Big f-in deal.  You're still the same guy that suggested the Red Sox keep Eric Patterson on the roster instead of Jed Lowrie.  That's just for starters. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

You're still the same guy that suggested the Red Sox keep Eric Patterson on the roster instead of Jed Lowrie.  That's just for starters. 

Easy, Los, no need for malice, it impairs judgment. I read Softlaw, great poster. What he said was that Patterson should have been kept until roster expansion, which amounted to a matter of a couple of weeks. Lowrie had options, Patterson did not. The team was short on bodies.

Don't let the facts get in your way, Los.

How are things in the bankrupt Peoples Republic of The Democrat Way in California? Has Boxer and Frankenstein created any new post office jobs?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

los does Patterson bat from the left or the right?  I heard your the guy to ask about such things.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Els is doing just fine, his HR to start the game off set the tone.  I don't think we will tell him anything except that he is an All Star this year.   Sorry.  Keep trying.  Maybe some day you will get that giant bug out of your butt and enjoy the game again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Ellsbury might be guilty of a little irrational exhuberance, but who can blame him?   It sure likes that offseason conditioning program is paying off. 

He is currently tied for 4th in the American League in hits and runs, is 2d in doubles, and is 1st in SB's. 

I thought his lead was fine and give Martin a lot of credit for a perfect throw which barely beat Jake. 

As for his fielding, his zone rating is currently 2d best among AL centerfielders, and he has three outfield assists and zero errors--hardly a disgrace. 

And, while I think Granderson is the best overall centerfielder in the AL this year, last night in a head to head matchup Granderson struck out 3 times, and Ellsbury had 2 of Boston's 7 hits and scored the first run of the game on a solo dinger.  Yankee Stadium is a hitter's park, but you couldn't prove it last night with Granderson--or Jeter, Rodriguez, Cano, et al. 

If this irrational exhuberance keeps up, Ellsbury could just find himself on the AL All-Star team, something I thought was impossible when the season started (even though Jake had a good ST). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I'll take the leadoff dinger anyday.  He got thrown out on the steal being aggressive and pushing the envelope.  That is what base stealers of the past used to do.  I say, run at will.  And with the lead, make them make the two throws to get him out at 3rd.  The Yanks made the plays to their credit.  If it was a different score/inning, I'd agree.  But in that situation, I have no problem with it.  Just because "they say" never make the last out at third, doesn't etch it in granite.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

"don't make the 3rd out at 3rd IS 'etched in granite.'
    with ELLS speed he's already in scoring position at 2nd.
    and with 2 outs a sac fly doesn't happen.

JIM DAVIS--"EXCUSE MAKER DELUXE."

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Why do posters keep taking Softlaw seriously? Are you not yet familiar with his "bash Jake and Jed" routine. He is doing this to liven up the forum. It's all a predictable act. In recent weeks he has had to add Wake to the charade. He is for Drew because everyone else is against him ( contrarian move).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

funny pike,
    nobody on this board 'is for you' even though everyone else is against you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Never Make the 3rd out going for 3rd: Tito, Please post this on Bellsbury's Back!:
    [QUOTE]Also, tell him to stop playing deep CF and playing bloop hits on the big easy hop. Drew is a master OF'er who will sweep behind on any bloop hits. Also tell him to stop relying on just his speed on steal attempts, his jumps are poor and his percentages on getting caught are way too high! Tell him congratulations on padding his HR total, with the dinker, like I said all lefty hitters should do with the little league porch. And tell him to wipe that smirk off his face. Tell him to be a personal attendant to Drew and pay attention to how a major league OF is supposed to be played. And tell him Crawford is ready to take his leadoff job, long term, and the Red Sox will not creat a big contract market by bidding against the few NL bigger markets that will make the mistake on his FA contract bid. The farm is loaded with lefty scatbacks and the team needs a solid young RH OF'er. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, "Ells". 

What a ridiculous post. Break the Prozacs in half next time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

pike cant believe people won't engage in his threads with him, or engage in post banter.  He is baffled people prefer Softlaw.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Never Make the 3rd out going for 3rd: Tito, Please post this on Bellsbury's Back!:
    [QUOTE]Also, tell him to stop playing deep CF and playing bloop hits on the big easy hop. Drew is a master OF'er who will sweep behind on any bloop hits. Also tell him to stop relying on just his speed on steal attempts, his jumps are poor and his percentages on getting caught are way too high! Tell him congratulations on padding his HR total, with the dinker, like I said all lefty hitters should do with the little league porch. And tell him to wipe that smirk off his face. Tell him to be a personal attendant to Drew and pay attention to how a major league OF is supposed to be played. And tell him Crawford is ready to take his leadoff job, long term, and the Red Sox will not creat a big contract market by bidding against the few NL bigger markets that will make the mistake on his FA contract bid. The farm is loaded with lefty scatbacks and the team needs a solid young RH OF'er. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, "Ells". 
    Clearly some girl you have a monster crush on but doesn't realize you're alive thinks Ellsbury is hot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Pike stands for the truth and tells it like it is - just like I do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Never Make the 3rd out going for 3rd: Tito, Please post this on Bellsbury's Back!:
    [QUOTE]"don't make the 3rd out at 3rd IS 'etched in granite.' with ELLS speed he's already in scoring position at 2nd. and with 2 outs a sac fly doesn't happen. JIM DAVIS--"EXCUSE MAKER DELUXE."
    Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the title.  I didn't say it was the best play but he was being aggressive.  if the throw goes into the dugout, he scores.  As I mentioned, in a different situation, it would be a bad play.  Up three runs it is worth the gamble.  Wow, scoring position at 2nd base?  It did not know that.  Thanks for dropping that knowledge.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

your-echo....you posted "Pike stands for the truth and tells it like it is-just like I do." I do hope you're not referring to the gentleman you have pictured above that statement, because he just might be the biggest liar on the planet. That guy has no clue what he's talking about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

hey examiner,
    stick to your buddies BECK and LIMPBOW.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

on pace for hitting 301 with 19 homers, 81 RBI's and 59 steals.  I know you're just trolling but still man.  Get a grip.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ellsbury didn't screw up trying to take the extra base for a triple, he screwed up by looking back twice while going to 3rd. A pro runner will look at the ball coming around first (he did that) and then when you approach 3rd you look at your 3rd base coach, and if Bogar is doing his job he either is giving him a stop sign at 2nd or wheeling his arm to get to third. Ellsbury lost 3 steps by looking back as he hit 2nd and again just after rounding 2nd....That's why he was out at 3rd by 3 feet. It's all about proper baserunning.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Hey softy. Look up Dee Gordon tell me what you think

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

We need not defend ells. His stats should speak for itself. But softy is to daft and proud and thick headed to admit when he was mistaken about a player. Come on soft. its liberateing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Softy not only won't admit that he's wrong, he won't even admit that he's Softy.