New and Improved Papi?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

New and Improved Papi?

Interesting read.  Apparently he's dropped 20 pounds in the past 2 months with a new custom diet.  Among the changes specifically listed, he no longer can eat any chicken or beer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: New and Improved Papi?

yeah jb I heard that too. he also joked that if he didn't hit alot of bombs out he was gonna chuck the diet and grab a cold one and a drumstick...lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

Ortiz said official weighin was 258, down 17 pounds since he began his diet two months ago. Sox media guide has listed him at 230 for years

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Hopefully it wasn't a milkshake diet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

You have to wonder why posters like Jackbu and Traven -- who I remember from Beni's threads -- would put those posts up on a Sox forum. Am I missing something? I even posted about Traven when he was going after Beni for his Yankee posts. From what I understand, all posts no matter how long ago, are still here. I guess it's safe to assume I was right about you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Well I don't know about milk shakes or any other BS, I'm thinking that maybe some one got through to him and helped him understand that the older you get the harder you have to work to maintain a high level of fitness and performance.  I can't imagine that September didn't bother him as well.  To many people like to throw the PED crap around like it really bothers them. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Let's face facts. Ortiz could be superman. In the post PED game, players age normally and productivity after 35 is going to slip. Ortiz can come to camp looking like Bucholz. Fact is he is at the age where he is year to year, and regression of minor slippage to falling off of a cliff shouldn't surprise anyone. Sox are wise to play it year by year, with options like Youk or Lavarnway ready. I hope Ortiz has a huge year, but to think because he is in shape(finally?) that his reflexes, eyesight or body recovery time is any different than any other person his age is foolish.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The best thing that could happen to Papi to keep him aggressive and doing his best is a little competition.
    The threat of the availability of a RH DH in the dugout might keep him on top of his game.

Having someone like Vlad or Lavarnway waiting in the wings will keep him working hard--also knowing his next contract with the Sox may be in jeopardy

10. This post has been removed.