NEXT SEASON? Move Nava to third?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Re: NEXT SEASON? Move Nava to third?

Miggy's hitting prowess more than compensates for his below average defense at 3rd.  If he stays with the Tigers, once VMart retires, he'll go back to 1st or split time with Fielder at 1st until Prince eats himself out of the league (the Tigers have money invested in Fielder until 2020).  Otherwise, he will go somewhere else (Yankees) and be their 1B/DH. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Throws left.

[/QUOTE]

He can learn to throw righthanded.  He bats both, so he must be ambidextrous.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to Eddymon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wasn't Cabrera a first baseman before moving to 3rd??

[/QUOTE]

Cabrera started his career at 3rd........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cabrera can't play 3rd either.

They moved him there to make room for Martinez at DH and Prince at 1st.

Did you see the ball go right through his legs?...the guy can hit, but he's an awful fielder and a stupid baserunner.

[/QUOTE]

The ball went through his legs because he can't bend his leg! He's not a great 3B, but he's not that bad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I rest my case.

[/QUOTE]

Nava is a southpaw; what case are you resting?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Why do we even look at posts like this one? In case no one has noticed, Nava is left handed!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Nava has fringe defense in the outfield.  I don't think it's a good idea, and I'm sure the Sox wouldn't consider it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's not pretend that Nava is even an experienced first baseman.  He's played there in 19 games this year, and not all of those were complete games.  He is definitely still learning the position.

Cabrera played OF and 3B for the Marlins, played 1B for the Tigers for 4 years and then moved back to 3rd when Fielder came to Detroit.  And let's be realistic:  Cabrera is an immensly talented baseball players.  Nava is a great story, but he is at best an average major leaguer.

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Nava is the worst clutch hitter in the AL. Can you remember the last time he had a big hit?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from one-for-the-road. Show one-for-the-road's posts

very hard to play 3rd, even if Lowell made it look easy; many players move FROM third isntead of moving TO 3rd, examples (Bagwell, Thome, even Pujols started as a 3rd baseman also, Youk, Texeira was drafted as a third baseman, I believe I had a topps card with McGwire as a 3b prospect)

it's easier for SS's because they already are infielders with good defense skills like Chipper and Rikpen, range and bad knees being the reason for the last 2 

as for Cabrera, as soon they lose V-Mart they will hide Miggy´s glove and throw it to the trash can

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

The guy can play first, why not have him work on third base skills in the off season and try to trade Middlebrooks in some package deal to land either an impact bat or pitching?   They may need to replace an outfielder if Ellsbury goes elsewhere.   I would suppose that Victorino would move to center if he does, that would mean they would need to find a power bat outfielder.

[/QUOTE]

NEXT YEAR??? Who the hell cares about "next year", now?? The Sox are one win away from playing in a World Series...and you want to start talking about what they should do next year?? Unbelievable. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

The guy can play first, why not have him work on third base skills in the off season and try to trade Middlebrooks in some package deal to land either an impact bat or pitching?   They may need to replace an outfielder if Ellsbury goes elsewhere.   I would suppose that Victorino would move to center if he does, that would mean they would need to find a power bat outfielder.

[/QUOTE]

Do you have any baseball knowledge? He's a lefty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He's a lefty!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He's a lefty.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why do we even look at posts like this one? In case no one has noticed, Nava is left handed!

[/QUOTE]

I think this is a BDC specialty.  I've seen this every year for at least 6 years.  There is an assumption in here that

• any player can play any position, and
    • that every player is born with the ability to bunt, and
    • that a bunt is an appropriate play about 50% of the time.

I remember the suggestions for Youk in LF, and he is a worse OF than I am, and my favorite, move Pedey to SS, Youk to 2B, and Papi to 1st.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I think next Spring they should work him hard at Utilty Infielder. Be the first team with Left- Righty throwing Infielders.