No Game Thread Tonight-Game postponed-Go Bruins!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

No Game Thread Tonight-Game postponed-Go Bruins!

Have to wait until tomorrow-Go Bruins!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: No Game Thread Tonight-Game postponed

I would like to have seen them play but the good news is they don't have to start Wakefield now. It's Buchholz normal turn tomorrow so they can use him as planned tomorrow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

Well,that's a real bummer. Frown  At least I will get to bed early tonight! Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: No Game Thread Tonight-Game postponed-Go Bruins!

Evening EB and ADG, got home just as you guys got called...not surprised though,rain up and down the East Coast today...question for you guys, have you guys been to Tampa yet?..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Obviously this was called out of the benefit of the Sox. They could have easily played this game but did not because of the pitching situation. The Sox have the call before the game is started and they clearly saw the advantage of calling this game because of pitching situation. The management saw Wakefield was pitching and said why not call this game. I am a big time Sox fan but play the damn game. If they had Beckett going tonight you bet the game would not have been called. Just saying it as it is. As Belichick says, it is what it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Hi Jete. Sox haven't played @ Tampa yet. They have a three game series @ Tampa in June-the 14th/15/16th.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: No Game Thread Tonight-Game postponed:
    [QUOTE]Well,that's a real bummer.    At least I will get to bed early tonight! 
    Posted by kt888[/QUOTE]Evening KT...i hear you..i hate leaving work, getting home, to find out they called it, i don't always check my phone enroute..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: No Game Thread Tonight-Game postponed-Go Bruins!:
    [QUOTE]Hi Jete. Sox haven't played @ Tampa yet. They have a three game series @ Tampa in June-the 14th/15/16th.
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]oh, ok...the reason i asked is i was going to ask about start time, when we played our 1st series in Tampa last season, i don't remember the games starting at 6:40....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

In Response to No Game Thread Tonight-Game postponed-Go Bruins!:
    [QUOTE]Have to wait until tomorrow-Go Bruins!
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

I hate to tell you but the heavy rain is coming in for tomorrow night for the eastern part of New England. The Sox called this game becuase of their pitching situation and the weather forecast for tomorrow for Boston is a lot worse than tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

the heavy rain has already moved in and not forecast to let up. sox aren't scheduled to play Baltimore tomorrow, it was only a two game series. i'm sure baltimore was more than relieved to have the game postponed as they tore thru their bullpen last night. with the possibility of a rain delay, they'd be stretched thin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Girardi-Inept. Show Girardi-Inept's posts

I am a diehard Yankee fan also and there were no messages on my voice mail neither informing me that the Boston - Baltimore game was rained out, however I was alerted to the fact that the Yankee game isn't on YES tonight but is on the independent station. Can one of you people inform me in the future about Red Sox rainouts? My cell #, home phone #, email, and tweeter ID are available upon request.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Just looked at Boston radar. lot of red and yellow coming in. Moderate to heavy rain.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

I know, Jete, that start time caught my eye.  It seems that a few years back, the Red Sox would have some 6PM games at Fenway early in the season, but I haven't seen that for a while.  Looks also like Tampa - Rangers series are 6:40PM as well, but after this it looks like they move to 7PM games.  The 6:40PM time would work for me, especially in Sox-Yanks series!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

J-Bay, you kind of proved my point in regards to the pitching situation for both teams. Based on my knowledge of the weather and the weather forecast for tomorrow, I would be highly surprised if they played a game tomorrow night. Yes the weather is very unpredictable and I could be totally wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]J-Bay, you kind of proved my point in regards to the pitching situation for both teams. Based on my knowledge of the weather and the weather forecast for tomorrow, I would be highly surprised if they played a game tomorrow night. Yes the weather is very unpredictable and I could be totally wrong.
    Posted by paesan59[/QUOTE]

the pitching situation stacked up better for boston, so i doubt the pitching played into it.  they don't start games in the rain and if there isnt a window of oppurtuinity, the game is postponed instead of delayed. it's been raining constantly all day in CT. rain is forecast for tomorrow and thursday. they'll have to call them as they see them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Girardi-Inept. Show Girardi-Inept's posts

[QUOTE]I am a diehard Yankee fan also and there were no messages on my voice mail neither informing me that the Boston - Baltimore game was rained out, however I was alerted to the fact that the Yankee game isn't on YES tonight but is on the independent station. Can one of you people inform me in the future about Red Sox rainouts? My cell #, home phone #, email, and tweeter ID are available upon request.
    Posted by Girardi-Inept[/QUOTE]

I also checked my internet email account and nobody informed this Yankee fan that the Boston - Baltimore game was rained out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Game Thread Tonight-Game postponed-Go Bruins! : the pitching situation stacked up better for boston, so i doubt the pitching played into it.  they don't start games in the rain and if there isnt a window of oppurtuinity, the game is postponed instead of delayed. it's been raining constantly all day in CT. rain is forecast for tomorrow and thursday. they'll have to call them as they see them.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    True dat. But with the O's playing the Yankees tomorrow night, it would not be too bad a thing if their pitching staff was a little bit more rested, as well as Boston's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

What about tonight?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

rain is expected in boston through tomorrow, with intermittent heavy downpours forecasted

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

these 2 games series are stupid

we have more this year than in the past it seems?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

any updates on the weather?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

the latest update is; the rain has intensified. they're not going to call it ahead of time and will try to get it in, as Detroit doesnt return to Fenway this year. Although a double header is a possibility tomorrow, rain is expected as well. may be in for a looooong night.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

wow

thanks for the note

that's why i don't get these schedules - 2 games........1 trip per year......what if both days get rained out?  They'd have to play a double header late in the season on one of their in-common off days......at least they won't have to travel.......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

evening folks...no Wed game thread?...