No More Buchholz Excuses - He has to go to DL or to Pawtucket

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

No More Buchholz Excuses - He has to go to DL or to Pawtucket

From ESPN.com: 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: No More Buchholz Excuses - He has to go to DL or to Pawtucket

Sorry. From ESPN.com:

Perhaps that is the case and Buchholz still has it in him to be an effective pitcher once again. But the Red Sox cannot endure much more of this before getting to the root of Buchholz's issues. That may require time on the disabled list, whether he is hurt or not, or a move to the bullpen. Almost any alternative will do, for Buchholz is up in John Lackeyterritory. Actually, it's worse -- Lackey's ERA after six starts last year was "only" 7.16. Buchholz's has climbed to 9.05 after he was lit up for five runs in just 3 2/3 innings of Sunday's loss. 

The right-hander has surrendered 47 hits (10 of them homers) in only 32 2/3 innings. He has struck out just one more batter (20) than he has walked (19).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I'd bet a nickel that Buchholz is going to pop positive for smoking pot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Bobby V reported and stated on Twitter tonight: Buchholz isn't leaving the rotation.

Buchholz on Twitter: I've been mad at myself for six weeks.

I guess both of them are working fine.

Not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In Response to No More Buchholz Excuses - He has to go to DL or to Pawtucket:
    [QUOTE]From ESPN.com: 
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

He Hasnt Recoverd From His Injury, Plain And Simple...............

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: No More Buchholz Excuses - He has to go to DL or to Pawtucket:
    [QUOTE]Bobby V reported and stated on Twitter tonight: Buchholz isn't leaving the rotation. Buchholz on Twitter: I've been mad at myself for six weeks. I guess both of them are working fine. Not.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I thought he was mad at the ump?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: No More Buchholz Excuses - He has to go to DL or to Pawtucket:
    [QUOTE]In Response to No More Buchholz Excuses - He has to go to DL or to Pawtucket :  He Hasnt Recoverd From His Injury, Plain And Simple...............
    Posted by 56redsox[/QUOTE]
    Can we take that as , he belongs on the D.L. ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: No More Buchholz Excuses - He has to go to DL or to Pawtucket": [QUOTE]I'd bet a nickel that Buchholz is going to pop positive for smoking pot. Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE] No, that would relax him and get him into a certain rhythm. I'm thinking more like meth?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No More Buchholz Excuses - He has to go to DL or to Pawtucket : Can we take that as , he belongs on the D.L. ?
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

95 South-Bound P-Tucket..................................

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from accland. Show accland's posts

From MLB:

"2nd pitcher in history to give up five or more runs in each of his first six starts".  Wonder who the othe guy was

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

I'm sure his poor play has NOTHING to do with his rather large pay raise.  Same for Beckett, Gonzalez, etc.

Did it ever occur to some people that there are probably a large number of baseball players out there that once they get a huge, long term, guaranteed paycheck, they actually stop trying and just look to collect?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

The only goooood thing about yesterday & this season to date, "TRANSFORMATION" is only "5 days away" !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sure his poor play has NOTHING to do with his rather large pay raise.  Same for Beckett, Gonzalez, etc. Did it ever occur to some people that there are probably a large number of baseball players out there that once they get a huge, long term, guaranteed paycheck, they actually stop trying and just look to collect?
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE]

No question. They are all fat cats. Wouldn't it be more enjoyable if we saw Middlebrook, Inglesias playing every day, Lavarnway also. Of all the guys making the big money, only Pedroia cares.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Iggy got an $8M contract as a teenager. 

Does that make him a "fat-cat" and exclude him from the "great transformation" since he makes more than Aviles?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: No More Buchholz Excuses - He has to go to DL or to Pawtucket": No, that would relax him and get him into a certain rhythm. I'm thinking more like meth?
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Doc Ellis threw a no hitter on LSD. Maybe he should give that a try. If it works for him they can put it in the water cooler in the bullpen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Iggy got an $8M contract as a teenager.  Does that make him a "fat-cat" and exclude him from the "great transformation" since he makes more than Aviles?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]No it does not......  8mil worth of a great glove that would have a benificial effect on that pitching staff and shorten the games !!!   Avilies to left field....  How about the great work of "salty" yesterday ?? He looks very "salty" with the glove, for sure !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Is the premise that the coaching staff at Pawtucket is better able to figure out buch's issue than the Boston Coaching staff?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

But who will take his spot?  Boston already called up Miller and Cook from the farm system.  If Boston need to call up a rookie pitcher to take his spot, but he is not on the 40 man roster.  Meaning someone got to be release from the 40 man roster spot.  Best way is to move Bucholtz to the bullpen, and start Tawaza or Padilla.

There is not much Boston can do for now.  IF Boston ever have a day off, they can alway skip his start.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]Is the premise that the coaching staff at Pawtucket is better able to figure out buch's issue than the Boston Coaching staff?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's more that
    1. He might need to get some confidence in his pitches back, which is easier at pawtucket,
    2. more importantly, if he needs x starts to get his act together I would prefer those x starts were not games that matter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I think Bucholz is being sent down to the minors but that puts him on waiver right? If other teams claim him he has to be back to the majors roster in order to pull him back from the waivers right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE] Almost any alternative will do, for Buchholz is up in  John Lackey territory. Actually, it's worse -- Lackey's ERA after six starts last year was "only" 7.16. Buchholz's has climbed to 9.05 after he was lit up for five runs in just 3 2/3 innings of Sunday's loss.  The right-hander has surrendered 47 hits (10 of them homers) in only 32 2/3 innings. He has struck out just one more batter (20) than he has walked (19).
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for posting these stats. I knew he was doing poorly, but seeing this shows just how bad he has been. Definite cause for concern. The Sox need to address this now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]I think Bucholz is being sent down to the minors but that puts him on waiver right? If other teams claim him he has to be back to the majors roster in order to pull him back from the waivers right?
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]
     He has one option left so they can send him down this year

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No More Buchholz Excuses - He has to go to DL or to Pawtucket :  He has one option left so they can send him down this year
    Posted by greenwellforpresident[/QUOTE]

Then he should be sent down. I see lots of times, teams will send guys down to A ball, etc. Does this change anyting?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

He's a mediocre pitcher. Always has been, always will be!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No More Buchholz Excuses - He has to go to DL or to Pawtucket : Then he should be sent down. I see lots of times, teams will send guys down to A ball, etc. Does this change anyting?
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that's been my preference for a couple of weeks.