Oh my!

The A's are on our tail.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: No Pop Jed with a 3-Run Job !

Goldang it Jed, cut that out, y'hear?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Maybe a slugfest in the works there.  Go Halos.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Jed with a higher SLG% than Coco.

He has over 60 XBHs.

He has 30 HRs in his last 925 PAs.

For a pretender IF'er: that's still "pop".

I wish we had more "no pop" guys like that.

According to the resident clown, even Papi has "no pop".

Sox4ever

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

But tonight, it's Go Halos.  Right Fireman?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Apparently 430 in 17 years isn't "pop" either.

Sox4ever

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Go Jed! I'm happy for him. His "no pop" name was probably just given to him because he was close with Ellsbury. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

49 homers in a 6 year MLB career is not "pop".

Keep moving those goalposts stiffy......  Whatever it takes to make yourself feel better about being wrong again & again & again....

As the truly knowledgable moon points out, in his last 900 some odd at bats, or two healthy seasons......   A very nice sample size (as opposed to your diminutive grey matter sample size) to show what he is capable of when healthy.  Of course, you will argue the manifestly obvious, thus once again confirming your 'sample sized' intellect.  If it's not a confirmation on that sample size, one might assume it's all about your sample sized slacks?  That being the likely cause of your inability to man up, grow a set, & admit for once how manifestly wrong you have been about so many Red Sox players over the past few years.  Of course, it's not easy to admit to being wrong most of the time, but as the old adage goes......  'it's better to say very little & have people think you're stupid, as opposed to saying a great deal and confirming their suspicions (as in your case....  The more predictions you make, the more we know about your abilities, or lack there of, to GM a little league team).

i won't hold my breath, as it takes a real man to admit when he's wrong.  In your case, the mea culpas would be far too many, & far to damaging to that delicate psyche of yours.   :)

We really have missed your comic relief stiffler.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

61 XBH Jed tied best at SS in MLB

Best SS XBH

2012  Rollins  61   Reyes  60

2011   Tulo  68  Cabrera  60

2010   Tulo  62   Drew  60

No Pop ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to tom-uk's comment:

Best SS XBH

No Pop ?

There you go again with your pesky facts, Tom.  The Stiff has spoken:  Jed has no pop!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to tom-uk's comment:

Best SS XBH

No Pop ?

The question with Lowrie was never if he could hit or would hit. End of the day the guy was and is a very good hitter gap power. While some among us try to make a case for why the sox should have held on to him. Bottom line is that he was given more than his share of chances to cement the everyday job but couldn't stay healthy and due to that the Sox moved on. Now healthy (good for him) we're seeing the player that Epstein and Francona both thought he'd be.

It appears that some among us enjoy arguing semantics. In baseball jargon pop is defined as hitting with power. Last time I checked power is measured by a players SLG pct. A SS with 60 XBH with double digit HR in my mind qualifies for a player with pop...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Best SS XBH

No Pop ?

There you go again with your pesky facts, Tom.  The Stiff has spoken:  Jed has no pop!

Hey SMLV, it is a surprise to me how much pop he has shown, especially playing in Oak.

Only six SS, 2B, and 3B in MLB have more XBH.

In Jeter's HOF career his highest XBH years were: 52 in '98,  70 in '99,  59 in '01,  68 in '04,  56 in '06,  and 55 in '07.

The Stiff used to write some interesting posts, but that was a long time ago.     Now it is all attention seeking drivel that he is not even serious about. It is a free world, but I think the board would benefit if more folks ignored him.  (I channeled my inner Pike)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Billy Beane traded Chris Carter to the Astros for Lowrie.  Another great trade by Beane.

Despite Cespedes and Reddick struggling this year, others such as Lowrie, Crisp and Donaldson are picking it up.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The clown said Papi had no pop based on recent injuries and projections, but when looking at Jed, the clown wants to only look at career records of HRs per seasons in MLB, even if those seasons were short.

Jed's 162 game average is 15 HRs and 41 2B+3Bs for an average of 56 XBHs per 162.

One could argue that it is moderate "pop" based on  just 15 HRs,  but it certainly is not "no pop".

The guy the clown says does have "pop", Coco Crisp, has this career line for a 162 game average:

14 HRs and 38 2B+3Bs for 52 XBHs per 162 games.

(FYI, Jacoby has 15 Hrs and 42 2B+3Bs for 57 XBHs per 162 games played, but he is labeled "no pop" as well by the resident clown.)

Sox4ever

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Ellsbury is a prima donna that breeds losing.

Plenty of questionable statements in that post but I think this one is the champ.

Ellsbury breeds losing!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The clown said Papi lost his pop. When further pushed, he claimed it was because he would not get enoug PAs this year to hit many HRs.

Now he is trying to claim he didn't say papi should get only 105 games in or that he had "no pop".

Too bad the record is all erased due to continued bannings. Funny how that works out for the clown, huh?

Sox4ever

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Does anyone know why Curt Young left the Red Sox after only one year as their pitching coach (after the 2011 season)?  Was he fired?  

I was excited to see Young as Boston's new pitching coach in 2011.  He helped guide the A's to the lowest ERA in 2010 and helped mentor and develop their young pitching staff.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm glad Lowrie is gone, because it stopped managment from cointinuing to use the guy as a slugging SS when he's a UIF'er pretzel.

So, you are glad we replaced Lowrie with Aviles then Drew.

Gottcha.

Sox4ever

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I think it was a "mutual decision", IC.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So, you are glad we replaced Lowrie with Aviles then Drew.

No, I'm glad that Lowrie was sold, which is what I said. I'm not glad about what you say that I said. You might notice that I never said anything about Aviles and Drew when I said I'm glad Lowrie is gone. But since you brought it up, Drew reminds of Lowrie except Lowrie doesn't cost as much. No, that doesn't mean I want Lowrie back or approve of the Drew contract.

1) He wasn't sold: he was traded.

2) At the time, you said you did not like the trade. I remember, because I was surprised you valued Lowrie than I expected as you thought we should have gotten more for him.

3) I noticed you have had a lot to say about Aviles and Drew, and getting rid of Lowrie led to their acquisitions... like it or not.

BTW, how come we are winning so much recently with Drew instead of Iggy?

Cue: moving goal post.