No Pop Jed with a 3-Run Job !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: No Pop Jed with a 3-Run Job !

it's really quite simple.

the dude complains about everything and everyone.  of course the red sox are not going to win the WS every year, so just about every year softy/fire can toot his own horn and say how great of a prognosticator he is.  when the sox do well or a player he kills on does well, the sox win "in spite" of them. 

if you complain about every single player in the MLB you will be right most of the time.  Baseball is a "fail" sport.  you earn million$$$ by failing to do your job 7 out of 10 times.  it's easy to take shots at baseball players.

he is quite ridiculous.  for us to continue to respond to his posts and diatribes is equally ridiculous.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

I think it was a "mutual decision", IC.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

Thank you ThefourBs   Laughing

Young quietly left the Red Sox during the whole "Beer and Chicken" drama.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No Pop Jed

Reverse Pivot, looks better in an Indian Uniform, Pretzel, Jake Ellsbury

AIG Mike Lowell

Flopper Wastefield

Immoral VTek

No Pop Papi

Josh Bucket

Ryan Dumpster

The list goes on and on...

The short list of those the clown loves:

Coco "led the league in triple one May"

B Hall, the guy that the racist Boston never handed a FT job to.

Iggy, even a blind squirrel finds  nut every now and again.

JBJ, because he saw him play one day and fashions himself as a shrt-sample scout.

Lackey, the guy he was against, then for, then against again, and now for again.

Sox4ever

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You can "note" whatever you want, but I would not offer Drew a QO, unless I knew he's say "no" as well.

You really need to take a reading comprehension class or two, or three.

Some times I respond to people's posts with ideas that I may not always agree with. I mentioned that if we did not sign Napoli or K Morales, one option could be to sign Drew, move Bogey to 3B (where he is better suited), and Middy to 1B (where we could save money). This is not my idea of a good plan, but if it allowed us enough savings to get a big bopper middle order hitter, then I'd be OK withbringing him back, but not at $14M. I'd much rather have Napoli.

Stop the misrepresentation of other poster's positions. It shows you are either dishonest or incapable of understanding simple concepts. 

Sox4ever 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

BTW, how come we are winning so much recently with Drew instead of Iggy?

Cue: moving goal post.

How come the Red Sox were winning with Iggy instead of Drew?

Cue: change to another goal post on the other end of the field.

On another thread you are trying to claim that by winning without Jake, it proves he is not a significant factor in our team's success. You even said we "area better team without him". Now, I ask why we are winning so much recently with Drew instead of Iggy, and you miss the whole point.

Not surprising for a clown.

Sox4ever

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Softy is like Roger Clemens.  He figures that his best bet is to just keep lyin' and denyin'.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Softy is like Roger Clemens.  He figures that his best bet is to just keep lyin' and denyin'.

I remember being surprised he was upset over the Jed trade, since he had wanted him gone for years. Now, he denies it.

He wants to "blame" our recent better winning percent on Jacoby's departure due to injury, but scoffs when others use the same methodology with our record since Iggy was traded, or our poor record when Ellsbury missed time in 2010 and 2012.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

1) He wasn't sold: he was traded.

A trade is a sale. His contract was sold for consideration and his contract was assigned.

2) At the time, you said you did not like the trade. I remember, because I was surprised you valued Lowrie than I expected as you thought we should have gotten more for him.

I didn't, but I liked getting rid of Lowrie. I never valued him more than a UIF'er

3) I noticed you have had a lot to say about Aviles and Drew, and getting rid of Lowrie led to their acquisitions... like it or not.

No, getting rid of Lowrie led to decisions to pick and pay for Aviles and Drew. Not the same. There were numerous better options, in regards to both.

BTW, how come we are winning so much recently with Drew instead of Iggy?

Cue: moving goal post.

How come the Red Sox were winning with Iggy instead of Drew?

Cue: change to another goal post on the other end of the field.

BTW,  no way I make a QO to S. Drew, without near certainty that he'll get a better offer and take it. Dubious, but I've noted that you are fine paying drew a bunch of money again to return. The notion that he can easily be traded without taking a huge cash loss is utter nonsense.

Softy, 

You are a clown !! Goodbye. You're on my ignore list once more. 

Like your portrait below.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

the dude complains about everything and everyone.  of course the red sox are not going to win the WS every year, so just about every year softy/fire can toot his own horn and say how great of a prognosticator he is.  when the sox do well or a player he kills on does well, the sox win "in spite" of them. 

if you complain about every single player in the MLB you will be right most of the time.  Baseball is a "fail" sport.  you earn million$$$ by failing to do your job 7 out of 10 times.  it's easy to take shots at baseball players.

he is quite ridiculous.  for us to continue to respond to his posts and diatribes is equally ridiculous.

Slasher, 

As I've said before the only thing to do is put Bozo on the Ignore List which I just did. Responding to lunacy is frustrating so why bother. 

Hetch

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

[QUOTE]

Slasher, 

As I've said before the only thing to do is put Bozo on the Ignore List which I just did. Responding to lunacy is frustrating so why bother. 

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

He's worse than ever, which is hard to believe.

I seldom put anyone on ignore, but now is the time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

LMAO

thank you

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Wow softy is back, kind of amazed after all the pathetic "predictions" made that turned to crud. condemning the Dodgers trade, calling for the firing of Cherry, etc. Do you still think Cherry should be fired? 

Man you were wrong on just about every single thing you said about this season. You may have been right on middlebrooks, that's it. If you played on the team you would have been benched for not having any forum "pop"

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Wow softy is back, kind of amazed after all the pathetic "predictions" made that turned to crud. condemning the Dodgers trade, calling for the firing of Cherry, etc. Do you still think Cherry should be fired? 

Man you were wrong on just about every single thing you said about this season. You may have been right on middlebrooks, that's it. If you played on the team you would have been benched for not having any forum "pop"

softy was actually wrong about Middy.

1) He lambasted hill for suggesting Middy might need more time in AAA this year.

2) He said the Sox had no chance to win this year, unless Middy did great.

3) He said Middy was the key to us having any chance to win the WS.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Say it aint so!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

I'm still waiting for Papi to go on the DL. Master Softlaw told me it would happen, so it must be so. 

-Daf. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Say it aint so!

He was right about only 1 thing this year: Soriano still had some value left in him.

1 out of 13,487 is still pretty bad (and that's just going back to his view on the Mauer signing and counting it as being only half wrong).

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

Say it aint so!

He was right about only 1 thing this year: Soriano still had some value left in him.

1 out of 13,487 is still pretty bad (and that's just going back to his view on the Mauer signing and counting it as being only half wrong).

[/QUOTE]

That's a great record!

...for him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Say it aint so!

[/QUOTE]

That's a great record!

...for him.

[/QUOTE]

My question to the many of you on this list who I respect whether or not I agree with your opinions is why any of you bother trying to have a conversation, make a point to or anything else because you know what his answer will be. The same old, same old diatribe of trash. Why am I even bothering to write this as it probably won't make any difference. I guess many of you just like wasting your time trying to reason with someone who functions like a brick wall in that whatever you write will just bounce back. 

Cheers to all, 

Hetch

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Say it aint so!

[/QUOTE]

That's a great record!

...for him.

[/QUOTE]

My question to the many of you on this list who I respect whether or not I agree with your opinions is why any of you bother trying to have a conversation, make a point to or anything else because you know what his answer will be. The same old, same old diatribe of trash. Why am I even bothering to write this as it probably won't make any difference. I guess many of you just like wasting your time trying to reason with someone who functions like a brick wall in that whatever you write will just bounce back. 

Cheers to all, 

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

Relax Hetch.

I put him on ignore yesterday.

That doesn't mean I won't slip a jab in here and there along the way.

Wink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I thought Roger Clemens just "misremembered".   LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Say it aint so!

[/QUOTE]

That's a great record!

...for him.

[/QUOTE]

Cheers to all, 

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

Relax Hetch.

I put him on ignore yesterday.

That doesn't mean I won't slip a jab in here and there along the way.

Wink

[/QUOTE]

Moon, 

I'm relaxed but just wondering once more why anyone in our group would want to bother having any intelligent conversation by email with Softy because as mentioned we know what the reply will be, he is so predictable. About my only answer to him might be a jab now and then but I'm not bothering to reply in any serious manner on any subject with Bozo the Softy. 

Cheers, 

Hetch