Not a Great Start For Buchholz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Not a Great Start For Buchholz

In response to selenium's comment:

Secret handshakes, Fraternities. Emoticons that are not understood by other forum participants.  Talk about cliques? 

@#2-arp, ^&*E^----&*X (4+4) ;-) :'(, &:===!!

Your atomic number is 34. We understand. Now is the time to move on your enemies my friend.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

:-I

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Have you seen Buch's "bloated face"?

That Beckett influence may take years to rid ourselves of...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

For those who care what geo says.....  well, you deserve what you get!  I guess it's all good fun?  Whatever.  I don't engage the guy too much, as I don't read 1/1000th of what he writes.  If you're doing so to tweak him?  Go for it.  I love it!  If you take him seriously????  You have a real problem.

Having said that...  These things happen.  Unfortunately, they've been happening way too often with our pitchers, & I think they're relatively indicative of guys not staying in shape.  Buch is extremely immature, & needs his arsssss kicked.  It's time for the BOY to grow the ____ up.  Do you want to be a front line pitcher, OR WHAT!  Get your act together, or you deserve the wrath you get.  This keeps happening?  It's gonna be a sign we need to deal a few more guys????  Perhaps the purge has not ended.  I know it's a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, but I'm getting tired of the excuses!!!  I'm tired of the drama already. 

First it's Lester's interview.  Now it's Buch, with a "scetchy" injury to start off the season. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Do you guys EVER TIRE of the back & forth "troll" stuff????

Who the hell has enough time to follow that closely what somebody said as recently as yesterday?  I could give a rats behind what most of you say on any given day.  If you sound sane, & want to kick around a topic???  I'll engage.  Sometimes I like kicking around an "off baseball / Red Sox" issue.  Something socio-political?  Whatever.  I try to stick to the subject.  Why do so many folks here feel the need to go straight to the ad hominem?  It shows a deep insecurity!  The whole, marginalizing someone for being a "troll," is by definition the ad hominem.  You avoid confronting their argument by calling out their character.  Calling them a phony, is the weak-minded way of avoiding the argument.  I do get it though......  I do the same to Stiffy.  I refuse to engage a single argument he makes on the grounds that he is a dispicable human being.  Perhaps I need to listen to my own advice????  Nahhhh!  It's way to much fun :0  :)

A the hell with it!  Just have at eachother....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Back to the ISSUE........

I almost can't help the knee-jerk, "are you fffff'n kidding me?" reaction.  I find myself immediately questioning whether or not Buch came back READY TO GO???  Sorry!  I can't help it.  I wonder whether the things we heard early on in his tenure here, the stuff about him being a "major head case," perhaps have some merit???  The old schoo me says, "cut the sh++!"  ________ or get off the pot!  Buch the hell up!  Pull your head out of your arcsss & come back ready to go!  We're sick of this krap with the SP.

Add to this, the Lester interview, & I'm not at all hopeful that the nonsense is done!  If Ferrell didn't jump the ______ down Lester throat, & put a serious muzzle on what he says from now on, this could be a VERY LONG SEASON......

I can't imagine JF putting up with a great deal???  I hope to hell not! 

The scary thing???  Lackey, my favorite pinata, has come back looking very fit, & saying all the right things????  Not sure if this is a good thing, where Lackey is looking good by comparison?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to selenium's comment:

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

Do you guys EVER TIRE of the back & forth "troll" stuff????

Who the hell has enough time to follow that closely what somebody said as recently as yesterday?  I could give a rats behind what most of you say on any given day.  If you sound sane, & want to kick around a topic???  I'll engage.  Sometimes I like kicking around an "off baseball / Red Sox" issue.  Something socio-political?  Whatever.  I try to stick to the subject.  Why do so many folks here feel the need to go straight to the ad hominem?  It shows a deep insecurity!  The whole, marginalizing someone for being a "troll," is by definition the ad hominem.  You avoid confronting their argument by calling out their character.  Calling them a phony, is the weak-minded way of avoiding the argument.  I do get it though......  I do the same to Stiffy.  I refuse to engage a single argument he makes on the grounds that he is a dispicable human being.  Perhaps I need to listen to my own advice????  Nahhhh!  It's way to much fun :0  :)

A the hell with it!  Just have at eachother....

It seems to me that you base your opinion of Softlaw on what he has said in the past and not just yesterday. many others do the same with Georom, Babe,  DGalehouse, Bosox1941,  Schumpeter, AlibiIke,  Enchilada, etc.,  and  the enablers of such pretenders.. Their arguments are not new, unique, refreshing, or intellectual. Why spend the wasted effort arguing with them when it is obvious to all ( who have left out of disgust or impatience) and those who are gullible or are just here foe entertainment, that they are trolling? Most who realised this have departed the forum and are ready to. You remain to debate a phony. It's your choice.

Not sure who you were in past "lives" here on BDC, & I'm not sure it matters.  Whoever you are, you make way too much sense.  At least today you do.

As for Stiffy.  Based on the vile comments he has made over he past 3+ years, I find that he has sufficiently marginaized himself to warrent nothing short of mockery, ridicule, shame, scorn, etc.....   Many, ignore his socio-political "musings / thinly veiled race+ baiting" and choose to debate him on anything baseball related.  I'm not wired that way.  I can excuse somebody having 20 different personalities on here, but some things simply can't be brushed aside!

This "pike" stuff is just silly!  I could care less who pike is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

I guess I should qualify....  You've made a lot of sense in the 2 or 3 posts I'm read.  I'll reserve judgement.......  Time will tell whether on not to ignore in general???

& I won't need an IGNORE BUTTON to "protect me!!!!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

Back to the ISSUE........

I almost can't help the knee-jerk, "are you fffff'n kidding me?" reaction.  I find myself immediately questioning whether or not Buch came back READY TO GO???  Sorry!  I can't help it.  I wonder whether the things we heard early on in his tenure here, the stuff about him being a "major head case," perhaps have some merit???  The old schoo me says, "cut the sh++!"  ________ or get off the pot!  Buch the hell up!  Pull your head out of your arcsss & come back ready to go!  We're sick of this krap with the SP.

Add to this, the Lester interview, & I'm not at all hopeful that the nonsense is done!  If Ferrell didn't jump the ______ down Lester throat, & put a serious muzzle on what he says from now on, this could be a VERY LONG SEASON......

I can't imagine JF putting up with a great deal???  I hope to hell not! 

The scary thing???  Lackey, my favorite pinata, has come back looking very fit, & saying all the right things????  Not sure if this is a good thing, where Lackey is looking good by comparison?

Im not worried about Buch as much as I am about Doubie and his weak shoulder. I just hope it isnt due to lack of off season preparation. Honestly, I tend to agree with the people that believe that Buch isnt a 200 inning guy. Hopefully im wrong.

Lesters comments worry me a little, but I think on a few points he just didnt articulate himself well. The comment on being an "Ace" is troublesome. Pedro always wanted to improve and it seems like Jon is so frustrated with "fans" saying hes not a TOTR starter. Actually, besides 2012, he IS a TOTR starter, just not an "elite" starter or "Ace". It is possiblr to be a TOTR starter without being an "Ace". I hope Pedro and JF can get Lesters head right.

People on here are crying for an "Ace", but need to realize that there are NONE out there that are available. David Price should be availavle either this, or next year but I doubt this team gives up the kings ransom it will take for the Rays to even consider trading him to Boston. We either have to get lucky with guys like RDLD, Webster, or Barnes or make that trade when/if its available. Im not so sure either one of our prospects are "Ace" material though.

Lots of questions to be answered this year.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

Pike ambushes another thread.....

Then ignore him and dont add to it...Hes going to do it regarless what anyone says.

What are your thoughts on Buchs injury? Or maybe Doubies "weak" arm?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to mannyortez3424's comment:

There is only one way that someone gets injured on the second day of spring training, where workouts are probably not even challenging:

He's clearly not in playing shape, just like every other year it seems...

Great start, Clay...

Probably to busy playing with his playboy bunny wife, who can blame him. On the serious side and I'm a glass is half full type of person. Someone please remove the black cloud that has hung over the RS the past 3 years. Already and its only the 1st day of ST and we've lost Kalish til mid season [shoulder surgery] / Brentz [shooting] / Buchholz [hamstring]. Seems like we're losing a guy a week, at this rate we'll be fielding the Pawtucket RS on Opening Day, and we haven't even played a game yet. You can't make this stuff up!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Are you guys really still discussing a hamstring injury on Feb 13 as an issue with the team?

They are talking about him being out for 5 days. http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/content/20130212-red-sox-journal-buchholz-pulls-hamstring-out-for-a-while.ece

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Are you guys really still discussing a hamstring injury on Feb 13 as an issue with the team?

They are talking about him being out for 5 days. http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/content/20130212-red-sox-journal-buchholz-pulls-hamstring-out-for-a-while.ece

true snake but when you are a pro athlete making millions, what do you epxect the response to be? yes Clay, that was impressive!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Or Doubront.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Gotta love the whole guaranteed contract thing. lol.....Go UNION!

They should be like the NFL broke and no prospect for work five years after your done with chronic pain and mental suffering throw in for free. The one thing about MLBPA everyone in uniform is part of scouts, trainers, coaches, player and you only need ten years for your retiremnet to vest. What other sports union includes everyone? Also who wants to cut Buchholz for missing a week in ST?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Gotta love the whole guaranteed contract thing. lol.....Go UNION!

They should be like the NFL broke and no prospect for work five years after your done with chronic pain and mental suffering throw in for free. The one thing about MLBPA everyone in uniform is part of scouts, trainers, coaches, player and you only need ten years for your retiremnet to vest. What other sports union includes everyone? Also who wants to cut Buchholz for missing a week in ST?