Not comfortable with what I see

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

Not comfortable with what I see

It's early fellow fans but I'm not comfortable with our inability to get runners across.  This has to change or its going to cost us a lot of close games this season.  I'm also still not comfortable keeping a back up catcher around just because of loyalty and his ability to call a decent game.  If Salty is ever going to learn he has to play.  If not we need to at least find a veteran back up who can come through with an occasional clutch hit and knows hitters traits, not necessarily our staff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: Not comfortable with what I see

i agree, this team is aweful at the plate. They consistantly leave 10-15 runners on base per game and are batting less than .150 with runners in scoring position. The only reason we won those 5 games in a row was because of the pitching stepping it up. if this team keeps hitting this poorly then it will be a struggle for us to win games. You cant expect the starters pitch gems every night. This team is struggling against baltimores staff who is not one of the better ones in the AL. Now it looks like they are going to drop another one tonight. How is it we sweep the angels and then suck it up against baltimore? this team is going nowhere. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

In Response to Re: Not comfortable with what I see:
    [QUOTE]i agree, this team is aweful at the plate. They consistantly leave 10-15 runners on base per game and are batting less than .150 with runners in scoring position. The only reason we won those 5 games in a row was because of the pitching stepping it up. if this team keeps hitting this poorly then it will be a struggle for us to win games. You cant expect the starters pitch gems every night. This team is struggling against baltimores staff who is not one of the better ones in the AL. Now it looks like they are going to drop another one tonight. How is it we sweep the angels and then suck it up against baltimore? this team is going nowhere. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

I realize why some of our fans love Varitek and respect the good old days but enough has to be enough at some point for the good of our team.  Theo let Victor and Beltre go primariliy to get Crawford and AGon which I still feel was a good move but our catching stinks from an offensive perspective.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Try changing UR specs...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

[QUOTE]Try changing UR specs...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

harness, I can see you are a die hard Tek fan and thats great but when you can only find one significant PRO in a pond full of CONS it gets very old.  Most of us all know a bit about baseball and can see the entire picture, not just a tunnel view.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

WHAT CAN YOU SAY. THE SOX ARE A STATION TO
    STATION TEAM , BASICALLY. THIS IS A TEAM WITH
    NO CONSISTENT POWER. A LOT OF SINGLES AND
    DOUBLES HITTERS. CRAWFORD IS GODAWFUL AND
    IT'S NEARLY MAY. LOWRIE IS OVER HIS HOT
    STREAK, AND THE WHOLE SQUAD IS MAILING IT IN.
    THEY NEED KOUFAX TO PITCH EVERY GAME.
    FROM WHAT I SAW TONITE, THE ORIOLES ARE
    BASICALLY A BETTER HITTING TEAM. TOO BAD,
    BECAUSE THE SOX WILL FINISH THIRD OR FOURTH
    THIS SEASON. THEO AND FRANCONA SHOULD BE
    FIRED BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT GETTING IT DONE,
    AND HENRY SHOULD SELL THIS TEAM TO SOME
    REAL BASEBALL PEOPLE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not comfortable with what I see : harness, I can see you are a die hard Tek fan and thats great but when you can only find one significant PRO in a pond full of CONS it gets very old.  Most of us all know a bit about baseball and can see the entire picture, not just a tunnel view.
    Posted by FarmFan[/QUOTE]

Most lousy teams will win 65... most really good teams will lose 65..these guys are burning through the 65 L's and putting alot of pressure on the other 32 games. Who are these guys?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

Crawford is not built for the Boston environment.  He made several comments during Spring Training that gave hint to that. Saying he was creeped out by the Red Sox having a scout trail him and then almost sounding disappointed calling the Angels pursuit of him "Weird.....and thats why I am a Red Sox". A quiet guy, more comfortable blending into the background despite his talent.  $140+ million for 7 years for a Lefthanded singles hitter, to play perhaps the easiest leftfield in the majors and to add speed to a team who plays in a Bandbox, whose main thrust should be Power hitting Corner outfielders.  I am not a Red Sox fan but I don't get that signing. I think its a reach at 4 years and a dumb move at 7.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford is not built for the Boston environment.  He made several comments during Spring Training that gave hint to that. Saying he was creeped out by the Red Sox having a scout trail him and then almost sounding disappointed calling the Angels pursuit of him "Weird.....and thats why I am a Red Sox". A quiet guy, more comfortable blending into the background despite his talent.  $140+ million for 7 years for a Lefthanded singles hitter, to play perhaps the easiest leftfield in the majors and to add speed to a team who plays in a Bandbox, whose main thrust should be Power hitting Corner outfielders.  I am not a Red Sox fan but I don't get that signing. I think its a reach at 4 years and a dumb move at 7.
    Posted by massillon8[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford is not built for the Boston environment.  He made several comments during Spring Training that gave hint to that. Saying he was creeped out by the Red Sox having a scout trail him and then almost sounding disappointed calling the Angels pursuit of him "Weird.....and thats why I am a Red Sox". A quiet guy, more comfortable blending into the background despite his talent.  $140+ million for 7 years for a Lefthanded singles hitter, to play perhaps the easiest leftfield in the majors and to add speed to a team who plays in a Bandbox, whose main thrust should be Power hitting Corner outfielders.  I am not a Red Sox fan but I don't get that signing. I think its a reach at 4 years and a dumb move at 7.
    Posted by massillon8[/QUOTE]
    They'll give him 2 years to get comfortable or deal him and eat some dollars..the pink hats will keep making up the difference in cash with Big Papi tee shirt sails and sell outs. Nascar is a race.. this division is not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not comfortable with what I see : harness, I can see you are a die hard Tek fan and thats great but when you can only find one significant PRO in a pond full of CONS it gets very old.  Most of us all know a bit about baseball and can see the entire picture, not just a tunnel view.
    Posted by FarmFan[/QUOTE]

Please give me your entire picture of Jason Varitek - as you see it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not comfortable with what I see : Please give me your entire picture of Jason Varitek - as you see it.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Relax harness their pink hats who freak out the first month of the season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

It will take another 30 games before the real flaws on this team become apparent.

Until then, watch, wait and learn.  

Winning stops whining.  I expect there will be much less of the latter before the end of May.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It's also a shame people rarely credit the opposition. The O's are no longer a pushover...far from it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Red Sox can still salvage a solid 6-3 record on the road trip with a victory in Wednesday evening's arguably lopsided matchup of Jon Lester and Brad Bergesen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

No matter what happens tomorrow it was still a really good road trip in which they won 5 of 6 on the west coast.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

True.