Not Tanaka, but Otake!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Not Tanaka, but Otake!

According to reports from MLBTR and Weei.com The sox have invited Hideyoshi Otake to spring training, Otake is a RHRP who pitched in the Japanese Independent League, where he was a teammate of Tomo Okha, his stat line was pretty good . He pitched in 44 1/3 innings with an ERA of 2.23, while saving 17 games  he also SO 47 while walking 16. Next up! Mashi Tanaka!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Not Tanaka, but Otake!

Red Sox, Twins Interested In Suk-Min Yoon By  Steve Adams [January 10 at 4:26pm CST]

The Red Sox and Twins are both interested in Korean right-hander Suk-Min YoontweetsPeter Gammons of the MLB Network and GammonsDaily.com. Gammons also spoke with one executive who guessed that the Giants are a good fit for Yoon as well. In an article at GammonsDaily.com earlier this week, Gammons noted that Yoon is one of many depth options still on the radar for the Red Sox. Cuban right-hander Raicel Iglesias is also among their potential targets.

It's been quiet on the Yoon front this offseason, as agent Scott Boras has had his hands full in negotiating contracts for Shin-Soo ChooJacoby Ellsbury and Mike Pelfrey while also trying to build the markets for Stephen Drew and Kendrys Morales. As MLBTR's Tim Dierkes noted in his free agent profile of Yoon, the 27-year-old has a low-90s fastball and was considered the second-best pitcher in the Korea Baseball Organization behind Hyun-jin Ryuprior to Ryu's jump to MLB. He has experience as both a starter and a closer.

The Twins have been connected to Yoon multiple times this offseason, but it's unclear whether or not they'd still have significant interest after adding Ricky Nolasco and Phil Hughes and re-signing Pelfrey. He could slot into Minnesota's bullpen, but the relief corps was one of the few strengths for last season's 96-loss Twins team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Red Sox, Twins Interested In Suk-Min Yoon By  Steve Adams [January 10 at 4:26pm CST]

The Red Sox and Twins are both interested in Korean right-hander Suk-Min YoontweetsPeter Gammons of the MLB Network and GammonsDaily.com. Gammons also spoke with one executive who guessed that the Giants are a good fit for Yoon as well. In an article at GammonsDaily.com earlier this week, Gammons noted that Yoon is one of many depth options still on the radar for the Red Sox. Cuban right-hander Raicel Iglesias is also among their potential targets.

It's been quiet on the Yoon front this offseason, as agent Scott Boras has had his hands full in negotiating contracts for Shin-Soo ChooJacoby Ellsbury and Mike Pelfrey while also trying to build the markets for Stephen Drew and Kendrys Morales. As MLBTR's Tim Dierkes noted in his free agent profile of Yoon, the 27-year-old has a low-90s fastball and was considered the second-best pitcher in the Korea Baseball Organization behind Hyun-jin Ryuprior to Ryu's jump to MLB. He has experience as both a starter and a closer.

The Twins have been connected to Yoon multiple times this offseason, but it's unclear whether or not they'd still have significant interest after adding Ricky Nolasco and Phil Hughes and re-signing Pelfrey. He could slot into Minnesota's bullpen, but the relief corps was one of the few strengths for last season's 96-loss Twins team.

Yup moon I agree not much really going on! I had to search for any news myself. I don't know much about Yoon or Iglesias , but it's obvious that stockpiling pitchers is part of the Sox offseason plan. Though I can't see Yoon signing with the Sox for two reasons,one he wants to sign with a team who will use him in their rotation immediately, and secondly the hatred between his nationality Korean and the Japanese people transends baseball. We will see how it plays out. I just wish Tanaka would sign somewheres so that the normal flow of the offseason can continue. We can only rehash the same stories so many times.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I always like these minor league signings especially of experienced pitchers figuring that if you sign about eight of these guys that maybe one or two will make a major league contribution during the season. 

Santana is a guy that I would like to see signed in the same way although I am sure that he is still seeking a major league deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to reports from MLBTR and Weei.com The sox have invited Hideyoshi Otake to spring training, Otake is a RHRP who pitched in the Japanese Independent League, where he was a teammate of Tomo Okha, his stat line was pretty good . He pitched in 44 1/3 innings with an ERA of 2.23, while saving 17 games  he also SO 47 while walking 16. Next up! Mashi Tanaka!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the Sox have any more leverage than other teams with guys like Otake, Taz and U already on the club.  Does anyone know if Tanaka may be a friend of Otake?  The Yanks have Kuroda and Suzuki but sometimes it just comes down to money, friends and best chance to win a championship as to where a guy may want to play.

Not that I think the Sox have any real interest in Tanaka.