Not the "Idiots" but Salty gives a new name to this team of players

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Not the

That Saltamacchia quotation has an authentic ring.  Last night Remy pointed out that all the initial guys up in the first inning were taking Masterson to the opposite field, and it worked well enough to get 3 quick runs against a starter who had been lights out in his earlier starts this year.  So I do not doubt these guys talk to each other about baseball, pitchers, etc. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

That Saltamacchia quotation has an authentic ring.  Last night Remy pointed out that all the initial guys up in the first inning were taking Masterson to the opposite field, and it worked well enough to get 3 quick runs against a starter who had been lights out in his earlier starts this year.  So I do not doubt these guys talk to each other about baseball, pitchers, etc. 

I read from someone that its all because of the JBJ and iggy influence

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Dirt Dogs to Dyrty Bastyrds.

I like it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

I am so okay with this its not even funny. Im for sticking with salty simply because i feel like he is becoming a leader on the team, which is important especially for a catcher.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Not sure if that name could go full mainstream, but Id like to see it on some Sox paraphernalia.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Not sure if that name could go full mainstream, but Id like to see it on some Sox paraphernalia.

me too!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

You're correct on that assumption I believe.  Baseball Junkies on the other hand........

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Hmmm ... this thread is like my brain .... 8 thoughts that one can remember and 5 forgotten (or removed....)

If we truly forget 40% of what we think about on the next day .... that combines to make a possible loss of about 24.6% ....

No wonder we have a hard time communicating well.

And in this case, I have no idea what I am talking about ... because the first several posts, including the OP, are missing ...

Glad that isn't a batting average we are counting on

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

you Mods remove an article from a sox player???? the FCC had no issue with apai saying the F word on tv and you guys whine abpout a word that was said in an article by a sox player...really, I hope they find another company to do this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

I am so okay with this its not even funny. Im for sticking with salty simply because i feel like he is becoming a leader on the team, which is important especially for a catcher.

I just wish Salty never had to throw another ball to 2B, it's embarrassing to watch.  I was very impressed with KC's young catcher Perez who showed us all yesterday how imortant a more versatile catcher can be to a club. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Hmmm ... this thread is like my brain .... 8 thoughts that one can remember and 5 forgotten (or removed....)

If we truly forget 40% of what we think about on the next day .... that combines to make a possible loss of about 24.6% ....

No wonder we have a hard time communicating well.

And in this case, I have no idea what I am talking about ... because the first several posts, including the OP, are missing ...

Glad that isn't a batting average we are counting on

Even more odd, this was one of the easier flowing threads. No name calling. Everyone was making  their normal puns, trying out differnet spellings, actually having a little fun for once with all things concerning the RedSox. 

Short version.. Salty was saying how the guys all hang out and talk about baseball all the time. They talk about different pitchers tendencies,  managers style, that type stuff. He said theyre basically baseball junkies,  like some "old dirty bastids".  Naturally Sox fans were toying with the idea of calling this teams moniker -the Dirty Bastids. I'm not really sure why the mods decided to well..........for lack of better words, modify it. Sadly, I had to modify the spelling of the word Bastids. 

After all the Cromartie jokes of this forum you'd think the word bastid wouldnt even show a blip on the radar! Bong! Badap boom! Thank you Ill be here all evening:)

Go Pats! Bring on the draft!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

*COUGH*GO DOLPHINS*COUGH*COUGH*